transfer window

It is being reported that our bid for Nawrocki is based on £2 million upfront and another £2 million next year, with a 15% sell-on fee. That appears to be good business if we can get him for around those figures. OK if he is a success then we give up more of our profit, but if it doesn't work out for us then we don't lose out so much.
Clubs know we've just sold a player for £25m , if i was the the seller then it's 2.5m - 3m upfront and the follow up next year with a 20% sell un and a bag a cans

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think Starfelt is a bad player but that does not mean I think he is a Celtic class centre back.
I think it is very obvious how much he depends on CCV, who I believe is Celtic class.
I am a Bobo type centre back fan, Bobo was not a great player as we all know but he instilled fear in every opponent he came up against because they knew when Bobo hit them they stayed hit.
Fans my age will remember John Cushley, John was not a great player but again when John hit them they knew they were hit, what a great cover for Caesar he was.
The video I saw about Nawrocki reminded me about Cush and Bobo all they wanted to be was winners,the Polish boy looks to be cut from the same cloth.

HH

I dont think Starfelt is a bad player but that does not mean I think he is a Celtic class centre back.
I think it is very obvious how much he depends on CCV, who I believe is Celtic class.
I am a Bobo type centre back fan, Bobo was not a great player as we all know but he instilled fear in every opponent he came up against because they knew when Bobo hit them they stayed hit.
Fans my age will remember John Cushley, John was not a great player but again when John hit them they knew they were hit, what a great cover for Caesar he was.
The video I saw about Nawrocki reminded me about Cush and Bobo all they wanted to be was winners,the Polish boy looks to be cut from the same cloth.

HH
His stats when partering CCV are awesome. Never lost a game in domestic ties when he's paired with CCV.Sick of hearing so much negativity regarding him the sums doent add up.

Last edited:
We could really do with a few key players.
Hart for me isn’t good enough for the CL. Add another commanding centre half. Not having a go at Starfelt but would like a decent back up or someone to push him and ccv.
Do we need another striker? A proven goal scorer with a bit of pedigree in Europe.
I know we’re supposed to have money, but will the board spend it?

The difference between Ange's transfer strategy and BR's couldnt be more stark.
Ange liked to get in early an had his targets pre-window, he got them signed that was it.

I think Brenda likes all the speculation and shenanigans right up till the window closes.
To me if you leave it late you end up paying more.

I prefer, i think we all do, Ange's style.
Its all about Brenda.....

Last edited:
His stats when partering CCV are awesome. Never lost a game in domestic ties when he's paired with CCV.Sick of hearing so much negativity nevegitivity regarding him the sums doent add up.
Glad you mentioned John Cushley went to same school as John also knew his family,John was a smashing bloke loved his football even at school level nice lad but not on the pitch no matter the attacker big small tricky John never gave them a free pass carried this with him wherever He played his dad Ned was very involved with Blantyre Celtic when Jimmy Johnstone played for them John was not only a stopper He could pass a ball with the best of them a great lad on and off the pitch

HH
I remember big Cush very well, Sprig. We were actually quite well off for cover around that period as far as having a solid 'pivot'. We had John Mac Namee and a young guy called Frank McCarron who was decent. He was probably unlucky to be there at the time as the guys ahead of him in his position were very good.

Big Cush was a very well educated bloke: I'm sure he took up some kind of roll making sure the kid's education and life prospects didn't suffer if they didn't make the grade. Thanks for bringing those memories back.

His stats when partering CCV are awesome. Never lost a game in domestic ties when he's paired with CCV.Sick of hearing so much negativity nevegitivity regarding him the sums doent add up.
IMO Stevie we only need to look at what happened at the end of last season to realise how much he depends on CCV.
I am not blaming Starfelt for the defeats we suffered at the end of the season that was a team effort..
I am saying he is not a confident player when CCV is not at his side and if you do not have confidence in yourself you cant expect the fans to have confidence in you.
I want to see somebody with the confidence to take the reigns if CCV is not about and I am hoping if we land this Polish boy he is the answer to the centre back problem..but as I said Stevie it is only my opinion..

HH

I remember big Cush very well, Sprig. We were actually quite well off for cover around that period as far as having a solid 'pivot'. We had John Mac Namee and a young guy called Frank McCarron who was decent. He was probably unlucky to be there at the time as the guys ahead of him in his position were very good.

Big Cush was a very well educated bloke: I'm sure he took up some kind of roll making sure the kid's education and life prospects didn't suffer if they didn't make the grade. Thanks for bringing those memories back.
Those were the days Frank,I think big John played at centre forward in a few games.
Did he not end up at St Augustines teaching kids..
No £100,000 Range Rover to get them to training a number 38 did the job.
About 30 years ago Frank I saw a guy waiting on a bus in the pouring rain so I stopped and offered him a lift, when he got in the car I recognised him immediately,,Bobby Murdoch,,I said to him I recognised who he was but I would not dream of asking him anything about Celtic or the players,he said I dont mind,so I asked him about George Connolly and he said to me, if there was one player I would have asked you not to ask about it would have been George, not becauseI had any issue,s with him but because George had his own issues and that is how I would like it to stay,,but what I will tell you about George is,,he is the most gifted player ever to set foot on the hallowed turf and that includes opponents..
A night to remember Frank,..

HH

Those were the days Frank,I think big John played at centre forward in a few games.
Did he not end up at St Augustines teaching kids..
No £100,000 Range Rover to get them to training a number 38 did the job.
About 30 years ago Frank I saw a guy waiting on a bus in the pouring rain so I stopped and offered him a lift, when he got in the car I recognised him immediately,,Bobby Murdoch,,I said to him I recognised who he was but I would not dream of asking him anything about Celtic or the players,he said I dont mind,so I asked him about George Connolly and he said to me, if there was one player I would have asked you not to ask about it would have been George, not becauseI had any issue,s with him but because George had his own issues and that is how I would like it to stay,,but what I will tell you about George is,,he is the most gifted player ever to set foot on the hallowed turf and that includes opponents..
A night to remember Frank,..

HH
That really is a memory to savour, Sprig. What can we say about big George that hasn't already been said? A tragedy on so many levels. Simply oozed class.

Members online

Latest posts

Back