transfer window

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-betclic/benfica/detalhe/celtic-tenta-contratar-paulo-bernardo?ref=Benfica_Destaques Principais
Celtic are looking to sign Paulo Bernardo on loan. The midfielder is not part of Benfica's plans for this season and is awaiting placement. This is a dossier that the responsible incarnates intend to solve in the last days of the market.
Released by Jorge Jesus in 2021/22, 21-year-old Paulo Bernardo was loaned to Paços de Ferreira last January. He was integrated into pre-season, but without even a minute of use, it was clear he didn't count for Roger Schmidt.

Another punt, on loan?
He was linked with us last summer

Not only will we not get in first team ready players to replace the starters we sold or positions that need improving, but who would bet on us selling another top player if a club comes in with an offer that was "too good to turn down"?

I have lost all trust with those responsible for implementing our recruitment and transfer strategy. They have completely pissed me off by reverting to this last minute penny pinching tactics that was so beloved of Lawwell when he controlled the purse strings.

I wonder why we have suddenly reverted back to those inefficient days of scrambling about at the last minute picking through the scraps, often wasting too much money on project players that don't fit into our side???

Not only will we not get in first team ready players to replace the starters we sold or positions that need improving, but who would bet on us selling another top player if a club comes in with an offer that was "too good to turn down"?

I have lost all trust with those responsible for implementing our recruitment and transfer strategy. They have completely pissed me off by reverting to this last minute penny pinching tactics that was so beloved of Lawwell when he controlled the purse strings.

I wonder why we have suddenly reverted back to those inefficient days of scrambling about at the last minute picking through the scraps, often wasting too much money on project players that don't fit into our side???
How much money do you get in the last 16 of cl 🤔

The board has clearly imo just gotten very complacent and seem to be resting on the laurels of the successes of the past couple windows, winning the treble, etc without taking into account that the league itself is better this year, overall the teams around us are a tad better than they have been(Yes even those red and blue pricks) and if we do not want to embarrass ourselves in Europe and/or really have a battle to win the league, we need to strengthen.

Making Europe every single season is all well and good, but if you never make it out of the group stages or make a impressive showing, really takes away the thrill of it.

I have little faith we will make some good moves before the window closes and it is gonna be a tough few months until January especially if Rodgers doesn't get his head out of his ass. Not saying we will drop out of the top 4 or something, nothing that dramatic, but will not be as comfortable at the top that I think we need to be and competing in Europe will be a complete waste of time.

How much money do you get in the last 16 of cl 🤔
I can't find details for this season, but the prize money for 2022-23 was:

Position Prize money
Winner €20 million
Runner-up €15.5 million
Semi-finalist €12.5 million
Quarter-finalist €10.6 million
Last 16 €9.6 million
Group-stage win €2.8 e €15.64 million
Third qualifying round €500,000
Second qualifying round €400,000
First qualifying round €300,000

There are other incomes related to coefficients and tv regional payments.

200.gif

We’re talking about how long it’s taking to get these ‘players’ in. These transfers should have been sorted out weeks ago. I don’t know what’s the slowest, Celtic playing the ball up the park or the Peter Lawwell board getting new players in.😡It’s beyond a joke now.

Back