Turnbull's Greedy Agent knocks back ‘Magnificent’ Celtic offer

Very good article exposing the utter rubbish that gets written during silly season. I honestly despair. I like keeping up with what we're doing in the transfer market, but it's almost impossible to get an accurate picture through the so-called 'mainstream media'. The trouble is that a lot of the 'alternative' media is just as pish. I would say, though, it's not Burnley who are in for Turnbull, but rather Barnsley.

Very good article exposing the utter rubbish that gets written during silly season. I honestly despair. I like keeping up with what we're doing in the transfer market, but it's almost impossible to get an accurate picture through the so-called 'mainstream media'. The trouble is that a lot of the 'alternative' media is just as pish. I would say, though, it's not Burnley who are in for Turnbull, but rather Barnsley.

I find that very aggravating too Sam, i find im reading the strory looking for confirmation rather than think about the player.

Too many lies out there.

Lies that either force Celtic to

Look desperate
Spend to mistake
Cheap

Huns have always been really interested in celtic spending money ..... as long as its not another Larsson.

They would love us bankrupt potless and no trophies. Us at each others necks is the icing on the cake too.

Makes you wonder sometimes, what does it take to get a fair hearing.... in the press who also have the benefit of kerching by slating/duping us.

Fuck them we’re smarter

I find that very aggravating too Sam, i find im reading the strory looking for confirmation rather than think about the player.

Too many lies out there.

Lies that either force Celtic to

Look desperate
Spend to mistake
Cheap

Huns have always been really interested in celtic spending money ..... as long as its not another Larsson.

They would love us bankrupt potless and no trophies. Us at each others necks is the icing on the cake too.

Makes you wonder sometimes, what does it take to get a fair hearing.... in the press who also have the benefit of kerching by slating/duping us.

Fuck them we’re smarter

Absolutely. They're constantly turning every single thing we do, every move we make, into some grand saga that makes us look bad. Many would argue that the behaviour of Lawwell doesn't help this, personally I think there is some truth in that, but, all in all, he's almost always working along the lines of what you say above - being fiscally smart, as opposed to blowing shitloads of cash in conditions of financial precariousness. The fact that we can achieve so much without resorting to the kind of malfeasance and outright cheating of Walter Mitty types like David Murray is a huge credit to us. That's not to say we don't often lean far too much towards the more cautious side of things.

Absolutely. They're constantly turning every single thing we do, every move we make, into some grand saga that makes us look bad. Many would argue that the behaviour of Lawwell doesn't help this, personally I think there is some truth in that, but, all in all, he's almost always working along the lines of what you say above - being fiscally smart, as opposed to blowing shitloads of cash in conditions of financial precariousness. The fact that we can achieve so much without resorting to the kind of malfeasance and outright cheating of Walter Mitty types like David Murray is a huge credit to us. That's not to say we don't often lean far too much towards the more cautious side of things.

???? 100%

Reported by the Sun that Celtic chief's disappointed at Motherwell leaking verbal offer and won't be drawn into a bidding war.
Tabloid shite so it could quite possibly be nonsense.
What bidding war exactly are they referring to? The price is 3m we bid below that valuation apparently.
I can see the point if we both bids met the valuation and Motherwell turn round and say "offers over now gents" to me that's a bidding war...
If turnbull was our academy player that was under contract till 2012, won YPOTY, first team player with 15 goals how would we react to a wealthy team offering 2/3s of his value.
Would you as a fan be pleased to know we had knocked back an unsatisfactory offer?
Motherwell have been open about the process. Turnbull is their player, their asset and they can market or discuss him in any way they see fit.
If our board have been left red faced after the fan backlash then fuckem.
We knew the price and we lowballed them.

PL wants to get the right price for Celtic not Motherwell.

But i agree with you Bobo, Motherwell have set the price for whoever comes in at that, so you can only barter to the point the vendor is not going to accept. They said 3M then its up to Celtic if they think that and are willing to pay that for him.

I dont mind PL trying to get the right price for our club. Lowball by all means but if you know we want him if the lowball doesnt work, dont waste time bluffing, agree on the rate asked for.... job done.

I don't know. Maybe it's like the opposite of Sting or Cher, who go without the benefit of a surname. Maybe he has no given name . . . .

He was just christened Turnbull. His parents were huge fans of Dunga or any other seemingly mononymous Brazilian football player. But they wanted to keep it Scottish. So it was just Turnbull. In a decade or so, there will emerge a Turnbullinho or another fitba player called Turnbull similar to R9 Ronaldo and R7 Ronaldo.

If Celtic lose him to Bristol City, it'll be tragic for all parties concerned, except Bristol City and Motherwell. On the other hand, it'll not be us 'losing him' to Bristol, it'll be us choosing not stump up cash for him. Cuz I'm pretty fucking sure he'd rather be playing in a CL team than a wherever the fuck Bristol play in team.

I don't even know where Bristol is and I don't want to know, but apparently they're owned by a 'Guernsey-based English billionaire'. In other words, a tax dodging cunt. One day Scottish clubs will just not be able to complete transfers. Everything will be loan and youth development. It's fucking madness. Crystal Palace have turned down a £40 million offer on Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Man U. They're holding out for £60 million. In my day, a player like him would've been worth £5 million. At best.

I don't even know where Bristol is and I don't want to know, but apparently they're owned by a 'Guernsey-based English billionaire'. In other words, a tax dodging cunt. One day Scottish clubs will just not be able to complete transfers. Everything will be loan and youth development. It's fucking madness. Crystal Palace have turned down a £40 million offer on Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Man U. They're holding out for £60 million. In my day, a player like him would've been worth £5 million. At best.
I widnae say he was worth 5 million now Sam.your right, it's absolute lunacy the cash they're forking out for mediocre players down there, but I've been thinking that since liverpool paid 11 million for Emile heskey ;)

Schnide 1 breaking news..Turnbull on his way! Fee reported to smash their previous record which was £1.75M fur Phil O'Donnell. Think this may put the doubters tae bed of our ambition tae BURY THE FILTH!! ???..They are shopping fur loans & ONLY loans..We will Fukin Stroll the League!!??????

Some are saying their back up and not value added.

Think the first is true but with us needing players who we can confidently rotate it can only be a good thing and given how people are reacting to him being good, one season or not, he is young enough to shoot for the stars and make the latter of value added a sincere possibility.

Time of course will tell.

Some are saying their back up and not value added.

Think the first is true but with us needing players who we can confidently rotate it can only be a good thing and given how people are reacting to him being good, one season or not, he is young enough to shoot for the stars and make the latter of value added a sincere possibility.

Time of course will tell.
Filth on Fester Fester saying if he's signed fur us then he's NOT WELCOME at Diepox??????..Fuk as tae dae wae being Fukin SKINT YA MANKY HUN BASTARDS!!??????..Rite ma fukin dinnaz burnin??????..??☘☘☘☘

Members online

Latest posts

Back