Turnbull's Greedy Agent knocks back ‘Magnificent’ Celtic offer

I know nothing about Turnbull so I'm not going to comment on whether he'll be a good signing or not but I remember all the same fanfare around Lewis Morgan last year and he barely got a sniff before he was punted out on loan, the 2 young American bhoys signed were loaned out straight away and the same with the bhoy Shved. We've signed Kouassi, Allan, Benyu and god knows how many other 'young guys with potential' over the years who have barely kicked a baw for the 1st team before disappearing without a trace while at the same time failing to make much needed 1st team signings......Whit I want to know is when exactly are we going to sign a player who has a good few years first team experience under his belt who goes straight into the first team and isn't yet another 'project'? :rolleyes:

We've got more projects on the go than every school in Glesga put together ffs......for the love of god can we for once sign a couple of experienced players ready to step into the first team! If Turnbull is as good as people are saying and he's being signed to go straight into the 1st team then fair enough but if he's yet another 'project' then I'm no arsed one way or another tbh!

I think he's a bit ahead of being a project player, Andy. His transfer fee and the fact that PL coughed up speaks volumes.

I know nothing about Turnbull so I'm not going to comment on whether he'll be a good signing or not but I remember all the same fanfare around Lewis Morgan last year and he barely got a sniff before he was punted out on loan, the 2 young American bhoys signed were loaned out straight away and the same with the bhoy Shved. We've signed Kouassi, Allan, Benyu and god knows how many other 'young guys with potential' over the years who have barely kicked a baw for the 1st team before disappearing without a trace while at the same time failing to make much needed 1st team signings......Whit I want to know is when exactly are we going to sign a player who has a good few years first team experience under his belt who goes straight into the first team and isn't yet another 'project'? :rolleyes:

We've got more projects on the go than every school in Glesga put together ffs......for the love of god can we for once sign a couple of experienced players ready to step into the first team! If Turnbull is as good as people are saying and he's being signed to go straight into the 1st team then fair enough but if he's yet another 'project' then I'm no arsed one way or another tbh!

I think if the fans feel confident that he can come in at least and cover a player being rested and confidently do a decent as a job as the player out, that would be good to Andy.

Considering the need for rotation due to injuries and the amount of games our bhoys have to play pal.

Well, there is a reply from the prophet of doom camp ?and as much as I can agree with your views Andy, it's a start, let's see where we go from here. HH pal, onwards and upwards, let's go!

I hear what you are saying and agree with some of it, but I think Turnbull's form in the Premier League last season elevates him above a "project". He performed well for an extended period whereas Morgan for example was only in the Championship when we signed him. I think Turnbull will take some of the heat off of our attacking midfielders so we can proactively rest players instead of running them into the ground until they break down injured. I'd imagine he would be looking at 20-30 appearances next season (many as sub), with many of these coming in the second half of the season. I agree though that I want a couple of hard nosed experienced players to come in for the hard battle ahead as we will get everything thrown at us next season to try to stop us!

I hear what you are saying and agree with some of it, but I think Turnbull's form in the Premier League last season elevates him above a "project". He performed well for an extended period whereas Morgan for example was only in the Championship when we signed him. I think Turnbull will take some of the heat off of our attacking midfielders so we can proactively rest players instead of running them into the ground until they break down injured. I'd imagine he would be looking at 20-30 appearances next season (many as sub), with many of these coming in the second half of the season. I agree though that I want a couple of hard nosed experienced players to come in for the hard battle ahead as we will get everything thrown at us next season to try to stop us!

It's also been encouraging to know that Lenny appears to be getting backed by PL.

Yeah but they were buck's signings Andy,that's the difference. I honestly think this lad could be better than any of the aforementioned and in the mould of Armstrong or better. He's definitely got goals in him and a good engine, looks a real trier . Not every silver linings got a cloud .cheer up ffs HH

spot on BB,we cannae have players playin 60+games a season,quality back up or players able to compete for a start.

I think he's a bit ahead of being a project player, Andy. His transfer fee and the fact that PL coughed up speaks volumes.

Like I said Shamrock I know nothing about the boy, if that's the case then brilliant I look forward to seeing him pull on the jersey......as long as it's on a regular basis and no every leap year :D

PL coughing up the £3m probably means he's already got a plan in place to punt him on to the EPL for a tidy profit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HH pal(y)

To score 16 goals for Well from midfield is no mean feat in a season, and it does seem like Lenny might have some cash to spend which is welcome. The fee is agreed and we're negotiating his contract so it looks like a goer, if so, welcome to paradise son.
Wonder who's next? ?

I think if the fans feel confident that he can come in at least and cover a player being rested and confidently do a decent as a job as the player out, that would be good to Andy.

Considering the need for rotation due to injuries and the amount of games our bhoys have to play pal.

I'm all for signing good players pal and like I said I don't know anything about the boy so I'm certainly not making any judgements on him one way or another all I'm saying is that signing cover and projects are all well and good but we're in desperate need of players with experience ready to go straight into the 1st team too. If this boy is already a first team ready player then brilliant but these guys need solid experienced pros to lean on and learn from and we ain't signing enough of those.

HH Maria (y)

I'm all for signing good players pal and like I said I don't know anything about the boy so I'm certainly not making any judgements on him one way or another all I'm saying is that signing cover and projects are all well and good but we're in desperate need of players with experience ready to go straight into the 1st team too. If this boy is already a first team ready player then brilliant but these guys need solid experienced pros to lean on and learn from and we ain't signing enough of those.

HH Maria (y)
??

Yeah but they were buck's signings Andy,that's the difference. I honestly think this lad could be better than any of the aforementioned and in the mould of Armstrong or better. He's definitely got goals in him and a good engine, looks a real trier . Not every silver linings got a cloud .cheer up ffs HH

Cheer up? :confused: Go back and read my comments, I said repeatedly I knew nothing about the boy and wasn't making any judgement about him one way or another......all I said is if he's another project signing then I wasn't arsed if we signed him or not so I don't know why yer banging on about silver linings and clouds......maybe all that time in the Tenerife sun has you looking for clouds where there are none! :cool:

HH.

Well, there is a reply from the prophet of doom camp ?and as much as I can agree with your views Andy, it's a start, let's see where we go from here. HH pal, onwards and upwards, let's go!

Prophet of doom camp :LOL::LOL::LOL: Jeezus H Christ......have I said he's a bad signing? No! Have I said we shouldn't sign him? No! Did I say he was a project? No! I clearly said I knew NOTHING about him and DIDN'T know if he would be a good signing or not and that IF (notice the word IF there) he was another project signing then I wasn't that arsed if we signed him one way or another as I think some first teamers should be our priority. How is that being a 'Prophet of Doom'?

If the boy isn't a project and is as good as those in the know say he is then brilliant I'm all for it but as I said I'm not in the know about him mate and I wasn't judging him or his signing one way or another.

Ffs it doesn't take much to be chucked into the 'Prophet of Doom' camp these days does it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So have I got everybody's permission to pack up my tent and vacate the 'Prophet of Doom camp' noo :p;)

HH mate (y)

Back