Vaccine ?

I and my family were once infamously plastered all over the front page of the evening times after a visit from them (I was 14 btw) in connection with an alleged bomb find in a hotel in Torquay in 1985 which we had stayed in one week before...they questioned us for hours ,purely IMO because us and those with us had Irish sounding names (Doherty, O'Neill and Murphy)....next day front page headlines were "4 Glasgow men questioned in connection to alleged IRA bomb threat"
After working in Germany (92) with a squad fae Dundee people made their way home in dribs and drabs. Two o the guys who had been with us were at Smithfield market in London trying to get a lift fae a lorry driver.
Someone at the market phoned the anti-terrorist mob and said two Irish guys were acting shady and looking for a lift out o London. The two guys ended up on the ground surrounded by Cops pointing guns at them.
When the guy was telling me I was thinking thank fuck I never left with them. They could have been shot dead especially at that time when it was still open season on Irish people.

oh no

thats not good

well you really shouldn't have had an Irish sounding name

everybody knows thats a crime in uk

I used to be Pat O Toole

was always getting jail coz my name was used as a weapon

Now im just plain old Tarzan trump

still no been arrested although I probably should be with that surname

Amazing what a name means to ra peepo
On sep 10th 2001 I changed my name from Patrick to Osama. Talk about bad timing....

At a funeral one day I went outside to have a smoke and this morbidly obese woman thought it was ok to say to me that smoking was bad for me so I just asked if it was ok to stuff my face with cakes and pies and be as healthy as her. She said nowt else, surprisingly.
I was stood at my van one day lighting up and a cocky wee precocious schoolboy gimp informed me with utter distain that smoking is bad for you! I replied so is getting a chisel stabbed in your eye ya wee prick!

Its amazing how quickly cocky and precocious becomes shiteing yourself and wanting your mammy! 😹

Sorry Shamrock. It's possible you've posted about this before and I haven't seen it. Otherwise I wouldn't have joked about it.
No I don't think I have posted anything about it Andy but I lost my big brother to cancer at only 43 years of age. He didn't smoke, rarely drank and his loss is still a shock to me as there was only a year between us and never did I think I would have to spend the rest of my life without him.

They found out later only one form of the drug was dangerous and the other was fine - that's why it still gets used - they only manufacture the good one.
We discussed Thalidomide at Uni a long time ago, and apparently it is a very good drug. Duting the testing phase it was made in small batches and didn't have any problems, but when they moved mass production the quality controls weren't to such a high standard. This resulted in small amounts of the enatiomer (the same molecule but a mirror image) being present, which has completely different chemical properties and so resulted in such devastating deformities in a small amount of people.

The fact that the manufacturer then ignored/covered up the early data suggesting that it was responsible was scandalous. Once they proved that the ultra high purity form of the drug was mainly safe (there will always be risks whenever you change the behaviour of the body) then they could reintroduce it for controlled use.

I was stood at my van one day lighting up and a cocky wee precocious schoolboy gimp informed me with utter distain that smoking is bad for you! I replied so is getting a chisel stabbed in your eye ya wee prick!

Its amazing how quickly cocky and precocious becomes shiteing yourself and wanting your mammy! 😹
Aye, what is it about being a smoker (off it nearly 6 years btw) that gives others the right to pass remarks on it? These folk wouldn't go up to drug user and say tsk tsk do you know that smack stuff is bad for your health.

We discussed Thalidomide at Uni a long time ago, and apparently it is a very good drug. Duting the testing phase it was made in small batches and didn't have any problems, but when they moved mass production the quality controls weren't to such a high standard. This resulted in small amounts of the enatiomer (the same molecule but a mirror image) being present, which has completely different chemical properties and so resulted in such devastating deformities in a small amount of people.

The fact that the manufacturer then ignored/covered up the early data suggesting that it was responsible was scandalous. Once they proved that the ultra high purity form of the drug was mainly safe (there will always be risks whenever you change the behaviour of the body) then they could reintroduce it for controlled use.
I saw a fascinating documentary about the Thalidomide drug a while ago and it showed that some children had been born with the side-effects a few years ago up in the Amazon rain forest. The poor indigenous people there who suffer from Leprosy were able to get drugs for it but relatives who lived in better off areas were supplying them with Thalidomide to help with the side-effects and if they can't read the labels then they aren't aware that pregnant women still can't take the drug.

Words fail me when it comes to that guy😡
Not to get political, but when the Govt decided to give Americans a $1200 'help' cheque
He stopped the process and made the treasury change the cheques so that his signature would be on them, because he figured people would love having something with his signature on it, and maybe not cash them
Guy's a fucking egotistical, nutball
Anyway, back to the vaccine, bring it on, I'll take it, but I stop at the GPS chip being inserted in my veins
Bruce Wayne, does not want to be tracked
:rolleyes: :unsure: :whistle::unsure::LOL::LOL::LOL:

No I don't think I have posted anything about it Andy but I lost my big brother to cancer at only 43 years of age. He didn't smoke, rarely drank and his loss is still a shock to me as there was only a year between us and never did I think I would have to spend the rest of my life without him.
Sorry to hear about that Shammy. It is sad to lose someone far too young. 💚

Back