VAR watch.

Seems to me that the extra long and pointless VAR checks are being done on us to slow our momentum down, along with the Players lying down when looked at, and the goalkeepers who still dont know that the ball boys and girls behind the goal have a match ball and go after the one thats just went out the park and is the furthest away one. Plus the well coached players🙄that are unsure who takes their throws

Not that I'm Paranoid or anything...

BlackSabbath. Csc.

Interesting blog by James Forrest today.
In it he mentions that VAR is being used in a way most Celtic fans thought it would. He also says that he believes one good thing to come from it is that it's got people talking about how bad, or corrupt our refs are. For me, it's not a good thing it all. For me, at least, it reaffirmed my beliefs on how corrupt Scottish football actually is. And that, no matter what the Celtic board or fans do....with all the evidence to back us up...nothing is ever going to change that.
Week after week we are handed the very same refs who, just the week before, have tried their hardest to cheat us. If that's not a massive "fuck you" to our board and fans....and our evidence...then I don't know what is.
If the SPFL or the LRA are not willing to change, when the proof of possible corruption is there for everyone to see, then they will never change...that's a depressing thought.
And if JF is right, and they do decide to get rid of VAR at the end of the season, for the reasons he believes....then what a dark day for Scottish football that will be.

In it he mentions that VAR is being used in a way most Celtic fans thought it would. He also says that he believes one good thing to come from it is that it's got people talking about how bad, or corrupt our refs are. For me, it's not a good thing it all. For me, at least, it reaffirmed my beliefs on how corrupt Scottish football actually is. And that, no matter what the Celtic board or fans do....with all the evidence to back us up...nothing is ever going to change that.
Week after week we are handed the very same refs who, just the week before, have tried their hardest to cheat us. If that's not a massive "fuck you" to our board and fans....and our evidence...then I don't know what is.
If the SPFL or the LRA are not willing to change, when the proof of possible corruption is there for everyone to see, then they will never change...that's a depressing thought.
And if JF is right, and they do decide to get rid of VAR at the end of the season, for the reasons he believes....then what a dark day for Scottish football that will be.
I read today VAR costs each club £10k a game, an thats why Livi and Dundee Utd have decided they will do without it.
Why does it cost so much? Ok the VAR ref needs paying and his 'assistant' (whatever the fuck he does), but we've surely paid for the equipment and the software? Or are we renting the lot? Dont tell me each camera has a cameraman?

I read today VAR costs each club £10k a game, an thats why Livi and Dundee Utd have decided they will do without it.
Why does it cost so much? Ok the VAR ref needs paying and his 'assistant' (whatever the fuck he does), but we've surely paid for the equipment and the software? Or are we renting the lot? Dont tell me each camera has a cameraman?
They need to create jobs for their lodge mates, the shipyards are quiet now

The truth is there’s nothing wrong with VAR….what’s unquestionably wrong is the peepul who selectively adjudicate on it…

There’s a franchise fee to the Ludge that has to be factored in too…

It’s in the rules that when any cash transaction takes place in Scottish Football then Souness has to get a payment 3 months later. Fat Swally tae probably.

At least in England those who make blatant mistakes are being punished for it.
There's nothing like that here unfortunately, but perhaps it's something that should be looked at.

As long as the same officials keep making the same mistakes they'll keep doing it, not that I'm holding my breath.

At least in England those who make blatant mistakes are being punished for it.
There's nothing like that here unfortunately, but perhaps it's something that should be looked at.

As long as the same officials keep making the same mistakes they'll keep doing it, not that I'm holding my breath.

The problem is that these ludicrous refereeing decisions we suffer up here are not classed as mistakes to our authorities or media. They jump through hoops (no pun intended) with bizarre mental gymnastics trying to justify pro-sevco/anti-Tim "curious" decisions.

The only time there is a stooshie is when we get correct decisions eventually given our way! As evidenced by that prick Keridine (spelling?) at the BBC moaning to Ange that Celtic are now enjoying the benefit of VAR decisions (or actually belatedly getting correct decisions after the incompetent/corrupt refereeing team bafflingly ignored the indiscretions that they saw with their own eyes) as a direct result of us (unjustifiably in his blinkered opinion) complaining about a series of awful "mistakes" against us!

Members online

Latest posts

Back