VAR watch.

So the side with by far the most possession, who are the most attacking side with the fastest attacking players in the Scottish Premiership have not yet been awarded a penalty in over 19 domestic games. This despite there being a large number of "stonewallers" in thrir favour being ignored during this run of games.

And the last two penalties we were awarded were both when we were already cruising at 3-0 and the matches were to all intents and purposes ready over and so the ref was confident that these penalties would have little impact on the final result.

So the side with by far the most possession, who are the most attacking side with the fastest attacking players in the Scottish Premiership have not yet been awarded a penalty in over 19 domestic games. This despite there being a large number of "stonewallers" in thrir favour being ignored during this run of games.

And the last two penalties we were awarded were both when we were already cruising at 3-0 and the matches were to all intents and purposes ready over and so the ref was confident that these penalties would have little impact on the final result.

I've spoke with hun mates on a similar point.
When asking why they think the refs are against them, why do they recieve so many penalties??
Because they are the team with more possession in matches, more play inside the box so it's only natural that they should get more penalties awarded....
When i ask why this doesn't apply to Celtic they have no answer.

Celtic suporters are said to be bias when they complain about referees yes to a certain extent this is true let’s face it not every tackle is bad but we don’t like when our players are beat in a tackle that’s human nature but when you see penaltys given against you fouls on and off the ball decisions given by referees and linemen that makes a mockery of the game it’s not bias it’s not resistance to except the decisions it’s because we know that they are wrong the VAR decisions taken in the Celtic match today were totally wrong the referees decisions were totally wrong will anybody do anything about them no not chance this was supposed to be an improvement to the game after today’s exhibition how can anyone trust it or the unbiased refeRees a question without a answer ?

How does it?? What time are they bringing McLean out to answer questions on his decisions then??
Who's holding them to scrutiny?
We have just witnessed them cheat us. Not teething problems. Cheat us.
Without a care in the world.
Do the English care?
Or the Spanish?
Germans maybe?
FIFA?
UEFA?
They haven't cared up to now.
I love your enthusiasm POD but I'm sorry to break it to you....today was a taster of what's to come. McLean will get on with his week, no questions asked.

It only going to get worse mate!!
This is a new 'wrinkle' Lubo
Now, they cannot hide it, it's on video for all to see, and it gives clubs more ammo to bring it out into the light, so to speak
I'm not being naive when I say that, I get what you're saying, been watching it all my days as they ignore blatant handballs, penalties, red cards and yellows for next to nothing
It's the west of Scotland Vermin Association Rangers Society
Even big Ange couldn't hold back his utter contempt for them when he buckled over at one decision
Must have choked them to have to retake that second/third penalty, even though they scored, but the fact we scored right after it, made today's victory all the more sweet
And the Huns and minis would be choked to see us pick up all three points
Surprised the Huns didn't get a penalty in the 7+ minutes of added time they got
Anyway, we are top of the league and they are utter pish, we will never walk alone
HH

Last edited:
I've spoke with hun mates on a similar point.
When asking why they think the refs are against them, why do they recieve so many penalties??
Because they are the team with more possession in matches, more play inside the box so it's only natural that they should get more penalties awarded....
When i ask why this doesn't apply to Celtic they have no answer.
Big ange

‘We haven't had a penalty all year and I keep hearing opposition managers saying we get everything. The only penalties we have taken so far this season have been in training.’

Interesting season ahead Bhoys and Ghirls with VAR...personally think it will do us better, valuation of tavpen will drop like Gazza at a stag night...Not that tavpen was worth anything like Kieran...😉
I can't agree. I think we'll be talking about VAR decisions against us every week now. We don't just have a ref, 2 linesmen and the touchline twat to contend with but whoever makes the VAR decisions now as well.

I can't agree. I think we'll be talking about VAR decisions against us every week now. We don't just have a ref, 2 linesmen and the touchline twat to contend with but whoever makes the VAR decisions now as well.
But Shammy, with all due Respect VAR is administered by independent adjudicators apparently, Now if there verified evidence it's not being applicated correctly then it goes to an independent panel...Not the SFA,SPFL.Oversite committee.

Members online

Latest posts

Back