VAR watch.

The Celtic board have around 5 weeks to get answers from the SPFL and the LRA. They then have to tell the fans exactly what has been said. If, once again, Celtic have been lied to by the LRA then this HAS to be made public and we need to be told exactly what is going to happen going forward. If, by the time we play our next match, nothing has been done or no explanation has been given then, unfortunately, it looks like we have another Beaton incident.

The LRA, up until now, have made their feelings clear. Almost every ref that has been involved in a controversial incident involving VAR and Celtic has then been allowed to be involved in our next match. It has been a very public 2 fingers up to our club and fans.

When Beaton allowed our players to be assaulted before then celebrating in a hun pub, then admitting that he saw our players being assualted it was barely a few matches before he was officiating us again. Our board at the time had a secret meeting and came away "satified"

I'm afraid, if we don't here a peep from our board in the next 5 weeks, it will be a case of different grey suit, same back of the bus mentality. THAT will be the mentality that will make Ange question his position.

The Celtic board have around 5 weeks to get answers from the SPFL and the LRA. They then have to tell the fans exactly what has been said. If, once again, Celtic have been lied to by the LRA then this HAS to be made public and we need to be told exactly what is going to happen going forward. If, by the time we play our next match, nothing has been done or no explanation has been given then, unfortunately, it looks like we have another Beaton incident.

The LRA, up until now, have made their feelings clear. Almost every ref that has been involved in a controversial incident involving VAR and Celtic has then been allowed to be involved in our next match. It has been a very public 2 fingers up to our club and fans.

When Beaton allowed our players to be assaulted before then celebrating in a hun pub, then admitting that he saw our players being assualted it was barely a few matches before he was officiating us again. Our board at the time had a secret meeting and came away "satified"

I'm afraid, if we don't here a peep from our board in the next 5 weeks, it will be a case of different grey suit, same back of the bus mentality. THAT will be the mentality that will make Ange question his position.

For clarity, I think I’m right in saying any answers to our concerns will have to come from the SFA. They are the body solely responsible for the MIB and VAR.

Ian Maxwell Is Chief Executive Officer of the Scottish Football Association. He will be the signatory who will respond on behalf of the SFA, to the Celtic CEO Michael Nicholson.

Crawford Allan is Head of Referee Operations for the SFA. The man who no doubt decides which referees are appointed to games and VAR. This is the man who historically is very selective in what matters he speaks up on, and when he does, it is to support contentious issues that are not favourable to Celtic.

All Michael Nicholson has done in my view is publicly made it known by his letter to the SFA, that Celtic have major concerns at how VAR is being implemented and is seeking clear clarification on its operations and how matters are decided upon by the VAR. The lack of consistency in verdicts made by VAR to date would be no doubt be highlighted.

I’m sure Celtic, like the rest of us, doesn’t expect a satisfactory e response. I agree though, that any reply from the SFA should be made public...

Members online

No members online now.

Back