Well Being

I've always believed DILL, when the govt here rolls out something as controversial as this it tends to be a headline grabbing cover for something more important that's going on in the real world that they'd rather we don't focus on.
Like the number of boats just casually landing on British shores, or the number of bent MET coppers about to be charged for some sordid crime , the arms sold to the Saudis at the same time as telly adverts are asking Joe public to fund the aid effort to Yemen.
No doubt we'll soon see and hear what this nonsense is supposed to distract us from
Or the politicians for sale to the highest bidder just like the you tube documentary by the 'Led by Donkey's group which exposes the grifters, but nothing gets done and we just have to get on with life, such as it is, no better in Canada or the USA, there's a rule for the rich, and one for the rest of us
All we can do is be there for the ones we love and care about
HH

Or the politicians for sale to the highest bidder just like the you tube documentary by the 'Led by Donkey's group which exposes the grifters, but nothing gets done and we just have to get on with life, such as it is, no better in Canada or the USA, there's a rule for the rich, and one for the rest of us
HH
Amen to that HH

HH
I'll never forget Trudeau getting his arse handed to him like some naughty schoolboy by Xi at the G20 .
British PMs have had this treatment many times from the likes of Putin and others but this was cringe at its cringeworthiest, even as a non Canadian I felt embarrassed

I've always believed DILL, when the govt here rolls out something as controversial as this it tends to be a headline grabbing cover for something more important that's going on in the real world that they'd rather we don't focus on.
Like the number of boats just casually landing on British shores, or the number of bent MET coppers about to be charged for some sordid crime , the arms sold to the Saudis at the same time as telly adverts are asking Joe public to fund the aid effort to Yemen.
No doubt we'll soon see and hear what this nonsense is supposed to distract us from
I’ve been saying that for years Winter, “the great distraction”. If ye want to give people something to think about mess with their children’s head and bring sex and gender into the discourse. Then when folk are all riled up about an issue that in reality affects very few people….rob them to fuck, keep wages doon and make prices go up, make everyone worse off. What is the big issue of the day? Who can piss where and how do they define themselves!
The vast majority of folk know where to piss and who or what we are. We also know we are all a wee bit worse aff.

I’ve been saying that for years Winter, “the great distraction”. If ye want to give people something to think about mess with their children’s head and bring sex and gender into the discourse. Then when folk are all riled up about an issue that in reality affects very few people….rob them to fuck, keep wages doon and make prices go up, make everyone worse off. What is the big issue of the day? Who can piss where and how do they define themselves!
The vast majority of folk know where to piss and who or what we are. We also know we are all a wee bit worse aff.
Agreed Richybhoy, I cannot believe that this hate crime legislation and Bidens Transgender visibility day ' coming roughly at the same time isn't in someway connected.
Wait and see , watch the headlines somethings a cert to come out.

Its the auld divide and conquer routine that just about every government elected or otherwise use...

Divide opinion and beat them down... We need to wake up to the woke culture... We are being told now that words are a hate crime, and what constitutes this crime is someone male female or the other species taking offence... That then becomes a hate crime... And like VAR in Scotland it will be used selectively, if not then theres going to be circa 50.000 fans of Scotlands newest club spending the night in the pokey... Weans anaw..

So I've decided to come out now that you lot cant slag me.... My name is 50 and I'm white, married to a white female, and if your offended please write to Holyrood and tell them or maybe that should be Hollywood... 😱

I adentify as someone who doesn't give a monkeys f##k about your new legislation... So does that mean you cant charge me with it 🤔

Its the auld divide and conquer routine that just about every government elected or otherwise use...

Divide opinion and beat them down... We need to wake up to the woke culture... We are being told now that words are a hate crime, and what constitutes this crime is someone male female or the other species taking offence... That then becomes a hate crime... And like VAR in Scotland it will be used selectively, if not then theres going to be circa 50.000 fans of Scotlands newest club spending the night in the pokey... Weans anaw..

So I've decided to come out now that you lot cant slag me.... My name is 50 and I'm white, married to a white female, and if your offended please write to Holyrood and tell them or maybe that should be Hollywood... 😱

I adentify as someone who doesn't give a monkeys f##k about your new legislation... So does that mean you cant charge me with it 🤔
I saw someone saying to misgender someone “was an act of violence”
It made me wonder what real violence was an act of.

I saw someone saying to misgender someone “was an act of violence”
It made me wonder what real violence was an act of.
I had to deal/interact with a 'Disruptive Marketer' whatever the fuck that is, but that was his 'title' and after several emails all within minutes from him, to me, and him working at home ignoring my phone calls, I finally got my point across with some Glaswegian industrial language, sadly, they do live among us, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with these self obsessed drama queens any more HH

I had to deal/interact with a 'Disruptive Marketer' whatever the fuck that is, but that was his 'title' and after several emails all within minutes from him, to me, and him working at home ignoring my phone calls, I finally got my point across with some Glaswegian industrial language, sadly, they do live among us, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with these self obsessed drama queens any more HH
I think I might start to identify as a psychotic, dangerous maniac. Not to be triffled with unless you want to live in the new queen Elizabeth ( death star) hotel ,
hospital for a few weeks or months and I'd probably be treated like royalty , i should throw in that im suffering from being neuro-divergant, another new one ( which means my brain works differently from the average person) have you ever heard such pish? ( allegedly).
Fs that describes every single person on this planet , if everyone's brain worked exactly the same well there'd be zero differences of opinion , we'd all eat exactly the same thing at the same time and talk exactly the same conversation over and over always the same , what nonsense ( allegedly).
Sadly things are not going to get better they're almost certainly going to get worse.
Anyone get to see the dramatised version of ' partygate' recently?
It showed that the country is run by puppets who average an age of 21-35 and all you need is the ability to work a computer and sneak booze into a house undetected, in this case 10 Downing Street, I can do that geis a joab.
Our education system is a pathetic joke as well the bar is so low that the kids graduating from uni here with degrees wouldn't pass exams in Asian High schools.
The UK revolutionised the world with the industrial revolution and now we are doing our best to absolutely fk it up starting with our own.
Our kids have little to no chance of getting an international job as they simply aren't intelligent enough through no fault of their own, I look at my son , who's living and working in Dublin, and goes to uni there thank the lord , with his beautiful wee girlfriend who speaks 4 different languages age 29, Irish Gael , English, Spanish, and German all fluently.
She's also not bad at Italian and French and the kids here in Glasgow are struggling with English and grammar it's pathetic.
What will it take for things to change?
A bloody revolution?
I wouldn't be surprised for the youth in the UK must surely be amongst the most dumbfukwits in the world for the opportunities that's available to them , technological and financially we are producing some fantastic admin workers ( allegedly) so long as there's a supervisor there to explain how the F1, F2, F3 etc keys and 'shift and escape ' buttons work they may even produce a typed and printed page by the end of the day, as long as someone explains how the printer works, God help them if the ink runs out though.
(Allegedly)

Last edited:
Hate speech is one thing, but I wonder if there's been something put into the drinking water
Instead of the powers that be, concentrating on important things, they'll appease the tiktok crowd, and the 'social influencers' (when the fuck did THAT become a thing?) My granda's would be spinning in their graves seeing that stuff
I've run into a few in my time 'on the tools' no doubt many of you have, nothing surprises me any more, and that's why Aliens fly right past our planet
You only have to look at what's going on in the States to see that
Talking about water, not that anyones talking about water 🚱 but....
When I was a wean, there never used to be rubber on the end of the taps.
There isn't on the kitchen tap, but the bathroom taps in Glasgow now have this rubber/plastic thing stuck in the bit where once you could get your toe stuck in the bath tap.
Anyone else noticed the gunk that comes oot of these taps?
Fkn gutted , it's like mold , probably is mold , also get it on the shower heads.
I asked the plumber , young guy who was out at Mrs winter's hoose " wtf is this gunk that I have to clean the taps /shower head before I run a bath or get under the shower?" Young guy looks at me and says " well , see sometimes mate the gutters on the roof get all clogged up with leaves and debris" .
" oh I see, the gutters , don't the gutters run into a drainpipe and down the outside of the building?" , " eh...aye" ,
" so you're saying that the gutters here run inside the building Into the water tank?" , " eh...naw" , " you don't know whit it is dae ye? You just made that shit up?"
" I don't really know mate tae be honest",
" well why tf you not just be honest the first fkn time?"
" sorry mate I'm still an apprentice"
" awrite , word of advice , don't just make shit up" fkn unreal as if the gutters are collecting rainwater for the tanks 😅
Still none the wiser but I don't remember gunk as a bairn and noo they've put these daft black plasticy things on the taps it's a case of clean the taps and shower head before you use them. Or you're washing yourself in water from the gutter psml laughing at this young boy.
Anyone else in Glasgow getting this?
Off topic I know , not like me , just curious 🤔

Someone male , female or the other species 😅😅 is that L or B or G or T or Q or + or # or < insert another species here> 😆 ,
The well being threads been high jacked for past 24 hrs + ( not that plus , the mathematical plus) uch I'm confusing myself noo.

Am watching yin called Tapsy Ghunk

HH🫣
Do you get the gunk/mold whitever tf it is jammie?
Do you have the black rubber/plastic thing that nowadays fits inside the tap ?
You don't get it in the kitchen where the drinking water is just the water tank taps for washing and bathing .
Nae getting yer toe stuck in the bath tap these days.
I've had to take the u-bend off in partick and its like an auld worn leather belt I'm pulling out , gutted and stinks.
I thought maybe Mrs winter's hair as she has really long hair but no way , I can tell the difference

Do you get the gunk/mold whitever tf it is jammie?
Do you have the black rubber/plastic thing that nowadays fits inside the tap ?
You don't get it in the kitchen where the drinking water is just the water tank taps for washing and bathing .
Nae getting yer toe stuck in the bath tap these days.
I've had to take the u-bend off in partick and its like an auld worn leather belt I'm pulling out , gutted and stinks.
I thought maybe Mrs winter's hair as she has really long hair but no way , I can tell the difference
I know what you're talking about Winter. Wee plastic doodas on the end of my kitchen tap and bathroom taps that gather all the crud. Every time I'm cleaning I give them a good scrub and I'm amazed at what comes out. It doesn't say much about the state of the water in our tanks.

I know what you're talking about Winter. Wee plastic doodas on the end of my kitchen tap and bathroom taps that gather all the crud. Every time I'm cleaning I give them a good scrub and I'm amazed at what comes out. It doesn't say much about the state of the water in our tanks.
You have them in the kitchen shammy?
I've never seen them before where drinking water is involved. Mrs winter's ocd about cleaning but it's in the bathroom , the taps and shower head must be cleaned before use and dried after else the gunk builds up, in the kitchen though its just the same as it was when I was a bairn , no black plastic doodas there , if there were we'd rather buy bottled water but thankfully it seems to be just the cleaning water taps.

Aye, it's on the end of the mixer tap. I scrub the life out of the wee buggers.
I'd ask the plumber ( actually I'm going to ask him/her/they/them+) wtf they are there for. Think I'd rather rip them out.
You see those new fancy taps that produce instant boiling water , I'd hazard a guess they don't have them , if they did they'd melt them. We have separate houses , ( it's how we've survived all these years without killing one another) I've always had good water and I've always let it run a few minutes anyway , these days If I'm putting water in the fridge it's boiled first anyway. Scotland has some of the best water in the world and should have no need for these plastic doodas. Perhaps it's the mixer taps that requires them I dunno? Though you can see the hot water isn't clear and not something I'd want to drink. Mrs winter stays in the old tenements in partick that still pretends to be the west end , reality is many are damp , converted single ends and massively overpriced for what you get compared to the standard of housing in the gorbals

Members online

Latest posts

Back