When you meet your heroes...

I saw Raymond play a few times at Barrowfield,,never took much resposibility,always somebody else,s fault.
I like Garry,nice lad,,very pally with Stevie Fulton...it was Stevies dad I travelled with to watch the games..

HH.
Raymond was a nice enough laddie, GS, just no as wiry as Willie and no one could compare to Paul.

I do hae a decent story that I've repeated before regarding TC, Raymond, John Spencer and random young huns, but I'll no doubt get to that again some day.

Young Stevie Fulton was a player though.........just broke through at the worst possible time due to other issues at the club. Far too much pressure for a young boy to cope with.

Met Big Billy, Bertie, Bobby Lennox, Tommy Gemmell, Joe McBride after plucking up the courage to go up to them on a flight hame from Dublin in late 2000😎
They were all wearing their Lisbon blazers so imagine they were at a convention or something.
After I spent most of the flight staring at them, I wobbled up, knees a-trembling, thanked them for everything as Bobby nudged Tommy pointed at me and just started laffin'! Bobby was in fine form all flight laffin' n joking with the rest of the Bhoys. Really kind to me n surprised I was the only one to bother them!
2 European Cup final scorers n one who scored in both European Cup finals!

Members online

Latest posts

Back