When you meet your heroes...

Docco

Was just wondering if any of you on here have met or spent some time in the company of one of our players?
How was it to meet your heroes? We they civil, rude? Was it a never to forget experience or a total let down?

Was just wondering if any of you on here have met or spent some time in the company of one of our players?
How was it to meet your heroes? We they civil, rude? Was it a never to forget experience or a total let down?
But like knowing you

HH 👀

Only ever met wee Jinky . He was doing a charity thing at the Sauchiehall Street Centre in Glasgow ( 1980's ? ) autographing Celtic calendars and with the European Cup on display .
I shook his hand and kissed the European Cup - although my wife swears it was the other way round !

That is the closest I have ever come to meeting one of our legends - but unforgettable !

HH

Met lubo in a bar when I was younger. Was kinda star struck but his patter was magic. He was out with his missus in Bar OZ on Gt western road. My wee pal a rangers fan said lubo at the bar will I ask him to come over. I said jokingly Aye nae bother.

And next thing you know it was actually him right there.

Cant remember the brief conversation verbatim but it was quality.

He something like your pal supports the wrong team, I offer him commiserations and salute your choice of football. then shook my hand

I thought my wee pal was talking mince.

Dont think id even have spoke to him if id been at bar. So it was nice to have him come over for couple seconds.

I also met Lennon in byres road couple times. Tennents bar. he was always very pleasant and full of fun/jokes.

I see the Leicester Serpent sent a team to ipox today to keep his good buddy slippy happy..
There is a possibility big Phil was there..
The behind closed door helping hand was for the benefit of Murphy,,Jones,Hallidy,,,and the last name must be a mistake because slippy being a man of his word said this name would never play for sevco again...Grezda,,then again maybe he was just taking a leaf out of his mentors book
Hahahahahaha no,sprig.........I did mean Stevie Lennox (no relation), that was aboot as famous a Lennox as I met!
Sorry pal my mistake,..I would love to say it wont happen again but that would be a promise so will you please settle for ...I will do my level best to make sure I get it right next time..thanks mate..

HH

I see the Leicester Serpent sent a team to ipox today to keep his good buddy slippy happy..
There is a possibility big Phil was there..
The behind closed door helping hand was for the benefit of Murphy,,Jones,Hallidy,,,and the last name must be a mistake because slippy being a man of his word said this name would never play for sevco again...Grezda,,then again maybe he was just taking a leaf out of his mentors book

Sorry pal my mistake,..I would love to say it wont happen again but that would be a promise so will you please settle for ...I will do my level best to make sure I get it right next time..thanks mate..

HH
Played against Gary, Sprig.........he was in the young team with Tommy Callaghan jnr, Raymond McStay and wee Danny Crainie

Members online

Latest posts

Back