When you meet your heroes...

At love Street when we won the league in 1986 I was on the park as the Maestro was being interviewed. When he was finished he turned round and shoved me out the way to get back to the dressing room. Does that count as meeting him πŸ€”? For years afterwards whenever I played well at fives I would say it was because I had been touched by greatness 😁

Before Forfar had a bypass and before buses used to have bogs, all the football coaches used to stop at public toilets next to my housing scheme. Then one day when I was 4 or 5 the Celtic team bus stopped to let them off for a pish. Word quickly spread and wee crowd of us fans ran to meet them as the reboarded the bus. I remember shaking fans and blethering to Billy McNeil, Jinky, Bobby Lennox, etc. They were very nice to us - I just hope they washed their hands though.

Also, about 15 years ago, I met George McCluskey when doing corporate. He was my hero after Dalglish left. He was fantastic and came to speak to me several times much to Harry Hood's amusement.

In my capacity as a taxi driver I've picked up a few Celtic players in days gone by, EK was used a lot by the players before lennoxtown became the daily commute for them.

I had a very young Stan Petrov with his Bulgarian interpreter, which was handy as his English was worse than my Bulgarian πŸ˜‰.

Picked big Johann Mjalby up once, gave me an address in Bothwell, I wasn't sure were it was so asked him if he knew it, no he says but it Henriks house, nae bother I said I know were he stays πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

My fave though was Magnes Hedmans wife πŸ˜‰,swedish model I believe. 🀩

H.H

In my capacity as a taxi driver I've picked up a few Celtic players in days gone by, EK was used a lot by the players before lennoxtown became the daily commute for them.

I had a very young Stan Petrov with his Bulgarian interpreter, which was handy as his English was worse than my Bulgarian πŸ˜‰.

Picked big Johann Mjalby up once, gave me an address in Bothwell, I wasn't sure were it was so asked him if he knew it, no he says but it Henriks house, nae bother I said I know were he stays πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

My fave though was Magnes Hedmans wife πŸ˜‰,swedish model I believe. 🀩

H.H

Yep she was

B75C2D5E-8B85-4BA2-A854-6FF5BB5DEE2B.jpeg

Before Forfar had a bypass and before buses used to have bogs, all the football coaches used to stop at public toilets next to my housing scheme. Then one day when I was 4 or 5 the Celtic team bus stopped to let them off for a pish. Word quickly spread and wee crowd of us fans ran to meet them as the reboarded the bus. I remember shaking fans and blethering to Billy McNeil, Jinky, Bobby Lennox, etc. They were very nice to us - I just hope they washed their hands though.

Also, about 15 years ago, I met George McCluskey when doing corporate. He was my hero after Dalglish left. He was fantastic and came to speak to me several times much to Harry Hood's amusement.
Wow BB your posh and was it hot in Forfar
That you were waving Fans at the players
πŸ˜‚

HH πŸ‘πŸ€

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back