Whinging

Not even after the infamous 'Helicopter Sunday' and the imminent departure of Martin O'Neill did I encounter so much negativity surrounding our club by our own fans. It's astonishing how negative things are. You'd think we'd just finished third in the league and lost all our best players. If you were to introduce someone who knew nothing about Celtic to a cross section of our current fans, they'd die laughing if you told them we were a club who had just won a treble treble. You could write an entire essay on the wave of negativity that emanated from a significant portion of Celtic fans when Neil Lennon was appointed manager, with some claiming this announcement had 'ruined' the treble treble. Ruined the treble treble - just try to wrap your head around the entitled, toy-throwing, snot-nosed spoiled wean attitude behind that. Then there's the huge delusional revisionism about how bad a manager Neil Lennon is, despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise.

But beyond Lennon, every single detail of every single happening is being seized upon by a section of our support, particularly online (though I'd be lying if I said it wasn't notable in the non-cyber world too) and turned into a negative. Celtic supposedly want Motherwell's David Turnbull: immediately, it's assumed that Celtic won't pay the necessary price for him and it'll be another McGinn situation (something for which people just assume Peter Lawwell was in the wrong over without knowing the full facts) or he'll go to Sevco over Celtic due to the way we treated Scott Allen or Jack Hendry. I even seen one Celtic fan say that Turnbull would pick Sevco over Celtic because of the chance to work with Slippy Gerrard. That's where we are - our own fans making Sevco's delusional arguments for them. I think a lot of our fan base have become figuratively fattened and sedentary with success. A portion of them now are just determined to turn every single thing that happens to us into an platform of whinging and moaning and negativity. Even a TREBLE TREBLE was brushed aside by some so they could predict the apocalypse due to the appointment of Neil Lennon after getting THEMSELVES whipped up into a frenzy over Rafael Benitez (who just said in an interview he'd like to manage Celtic 'one day' but 'not now') and other wildly delusional names that were never going to come to Celtic.

The thing about negativity is that it's contagious. And even though I have belief in Neil Lennon, not unthinking belief based on his credentials as not just 'a Celtic man' but a Celtic legend, I can't help but get pulled into the negativity. Either you feel compelled to challenge to it, or you end up beginning to hate your fellow supporters (obviously not all of them - not by a longshot) for seemingly doing their best to pish on the parade of an unprecedented treble treble. I can only hope positive actions push all this negativity away, but while I dislike all that new age pish about positive and negative energies as influences on reality, I hope to christ we don't witness drops in attendances and constant moaning and relentless call for Neil Lennon to go at the first sign of inevitable on-field and off-field troubles. It's somewhat inevitable that great forces usually destroy themselves from within (hullo Sevco) - I really hope our 10-in-a-row campaign isn't sabotaged by our own. That'd be one thousand times worse than losing it due to being beaten by a better team.

Excellent stuff! I'm going to run this on The Celtic Star to promote the quality of writing on Celtic Noise.

I'm afraid the point is utter bollocks.

If things go wrong in the coming campaign the one group of people who will NOT be to blame will be the fans. This shite that the problem with Celtic right now is fans complaining about the fall in ambition is just that; it is shite. The point is nonsense.

Celtic has lowered its ambition massively with the Lennon appointment. Massively. And anyone who expects the board to back Lennon when they did not back Rodgers is as delusional as those across in La La Land who believe Gerrard will get £45 million.

Our club has gone backwards. We won 3Treble in the first place because we went out and showed some balls, brought a top manager to the club and he improved every aspect about us, from our performances on the park to our professionalism off it.

This is the start of a radical downgrading across the boards. Anyone who thinks that's the fault of fans is kidding themselves on.

If things go wrong in the coming campaign the one group of people who will NOT be to blame will be the fans. This shite that the problem with Celtic right now is fans complaining about the fall in ambition is just that; it is shite. The point is nonsense.

Celtic has lowered its ambition massively with the Lennon appointment. Massively. And anyone who expects the board to back Lennon when they did not back Rodgers is as delusional as those across in La La Land who believe Gerrard will get £45 million.

Our club has gone backwards. We won 3Treble in the first place because we went out and showed some balls, brought a top manager to the club and he improved every aspect about us, from our performances on the park to our professionalism off it.

This is the start of a radical downgrading across the boards. Anyone who thinks that's the fault of fans is kidding themselves on.
Nice to see you keeping things light, James

Did they run out of chocolate sprinkles for your cappuccino?

We can't remain in perpetual judgement and the worst case scenario.

Give it some time to unfold and we'll soon see if the board are willing and if Lenny is capable.

Sometimes folk just open their mouth and a whole lot of stupid falls out.

Screw keeping things light. What is the point when some people are determined to label fellow Celtic fans in such a manner as the OP has done?

The people voicing their objections, and stating their opinions, are Celtic fans too and I'm already sick and tired of the way some sites and some people are having a go at them.

Last week, no less a person than the head of the CSA told season ticket holders who aren't happy to give their tickets back so they can go to "real supporters."

These are folk who've spent £500 plus on following their team, being told that their opinions make them "enemies" of the club ... another phrase that leapt out of that statement.

You want to talk about sowing division? The people calling their fellow fans traitors or whingers, they are the ones who will divide this support. I am fucking sick of it already.

I know the square-root of hee-haw about the inner workings at Celtic Park.

The nearest I've got to a mole is the wee bastard that digs holes in my garden.

I don't indulge print or broadcast media, so I put a whole heap of stock and faith in what the bloggers derm newsworthy and reportable.

That loses some merit when it becomes personal and loses objectivity.

James, hard though it may be, you have taken the responsibility to be as impartial and non-prejudicial as possible to provide fair coverage.

For the most part, you do that quite well, but don't let personal slights affect your observations.

Enjoy the moment and let it sink in. There will be plenty of time to focus your critical eye in the weeks to come.

Screw keeping things light. What is the point when some people are determined to label fellow Celtic fans in such a manner as the OP has done?

The people voicing their objections, and stating their opinions, are Celtic fans too and I'm already sick and tired of the way some sites and some people are having a go at them.

Last week, no less a person than the head of the CSA told season ticket holders who aren't happy to give their tickets back so they can go to "real supporters."

These are folk who've spent £500 plus on following their team, being told that their opinions make them "enemies" of the club ... another phrase that leapt out of that statement.

You want to talk about sowing division? The people calling their fellow fans traitors or whingers, they are the ones who will divide this support. I am fucking sick of it already.
CSA are a bunch of self serving arse licking cnts , couldn't give a flying what they think or say

The last fortnight proved just like any other family we have whinging cnts to

Your financial understanding of value is zero in my eyes Forrest.

You talk about improvements over the club under Buck Rodgers.

No he spent fortune on dross.

He was financial liability club could not afford.

Your myth about building better team with mega spending is the very thing that killed the roasters over at Ibrox

Rodgers added similar value to advocate.

Doubled the operation expenses but added no value to club in comparison to the fortune he squandered willy nilly.

He was also a glib and shameless liar.

You want a similar type to cripple the club

then really your no better than the zombified horde who egged on their club to death.

Your bitter rantings with twisted subjective reasoning has become as one sided and delusional as your Ibrox noise pals.

What is your economic plan that takes club forward.

Cause burning operation costs on the dross rodgers bought is recipe for death.

And you want a big name only because your a superficial as the Dingwall dude at crypt.

Your a narcissistic delusional petted lip trouble maker.

You claim Lawell is problem.

Lawell adds value for price

Rodgers does not

Lennon has better win ratio than rodgers

HAs better value added on off the pitch by miles.

But still you rant about steps backwards

What brought you out the shadows anyway?

Thought you prefer contributing on this site as multi aliases?

Forrest as far as im concerned your Dingwall in disguise.

Your idiotic fantasy plan of pour money down drain that club cannot ever get back is worst pain ive ever heard in my life.

This garbage that big name managers who cost fortune add value is bollocks.

The team. that Lennon had at celtic before he left is much stronger than our current bunch.

Thats the subsidisation effect of big leagues.

We cannot compete at top end of those big leagues without massive increase in revenue

And we are already at breaking point under rodgers and his duff signings on monster wages who played dross under Rodgers long before Lennon.

The miracles lennon has produced is astounding.

Your hatred of the man and your use of your site to spread hatred is deplorable.

I used to love your site till you became the same as the zombies

Twisted hate filled non substantiated conjecture with a petted lip.

Its easy forrest

105 million revenue is the aim

What operating cost is safe but correct risk level?

What is the budget Celtic should be using as their operating level.

What leagues have players that we can afford to buy to fit that model.

Untill
you even attempt to answer the basic finance questions that support the club then don't be preaching the hate filled shish based on loony conjecture.

Lennon has history of adding value.

You have no clue of value if you rate Rodgers as value added for Celtic.

Its all about the money forrest

You must cut cloth to suit the income

You cant build past the break even point.

That was problem under MON

The board must play by the finances of the club.

Your delusional Mourinho AVB

Go take these non value added managers to the subsidised leagues were they can afford to hemourage money.

We need a man who adds value

Not a luxury we cannot afford.

No wake up Forrest.

Took you long enough to show your real id.

Back the club

Not superficial twisted liars.

Back the club with your Celtic blog or shut it down.

Your financial understanding of value is zero in my eyes Forrest.

You talk about improvements over the club under Buck Rodgers.

No he spent fortune on dross.

He was financial liability club could not afford.

Your myth about building better team with mega spending is the very thing that killed the roasters over at Ibrox

Rodgers added similar value to advocate.

Doubled the operation expenses but added no value to club in comparison to the fortune he squandered willy nilly.

He was also a glib and shameless liar.

You want a similar type to cripple the club

then really your no better than the zombified horde who egged on their club to death.

Your bitter rantings with twisted subjective reasoning has become as one sided and delusional as your Ibrox noise pals.

What is your economic plan that takes club forward.

Cause burning operation costs on the dross rodgers bought is recipe for death.

And you want a big name only because your a superficial as the Dingwall dude at crypt.

Your a narcissistic delusional petted lip trouble maker.

You claim Lawell is problem.

Lawell adds value for price

Rodgers does not

Lennon has better win ratio than rodgers

HAs better value added on off the pitch by miles.

But still you rant about steps backwards

What brought you out the shadows anyway?

Thought you prefer contributing on this site as multi aliases?

Forrest as far as im concerned your Dingwall in disguise.

Your idiotic fantasy plan of pour money down drain that club cannot ever get back is worst pain ive ever heard in my life.

This garbage that big name managers who cost fortune add value is bollocks.

The team. that Lennon had at celtic before he left is much stronger than our current bunch.

Thats the subsidisation effect of big leagues.

We cannot compete at top end of those big leagues without massive increase in revenue

And we are already at breaking point under rodgers and his duff signings on monster wages who played dross under Rodgers long before Lennon.

The miracles lennon has produced is astounding.

Your hatred of the man and your use of your site to spread hatred is deplorable.

I used to love your site till you became the same as the zombies

Twisted hate filled non substantiated conjecture with a petted lip.

Its easy forrest

105 million revenue is the aim

What operating cost is safe but correct risk level?

What is the budget Celtic should be using as their operating level.

What leagues have players that we can afford to buy to fit that model.

Untill
you even attempt to answer the basic finance questions that support the club then don't be preaching the hate filled shish based on loony conjecture.

Lennon has history of adding value.

You have no clue of value if you rate Rodgers as value added for Celtic.

Its all about the money forrest

You must cut cloth to suit the income

You cant build past the break even point.

That was problem under MON

The board must play by the finances of the club.

Your delusional Mourinho AVB

Go take these non value added managers to the subsidised leagues were they can afford to hemourage money.

We need a man who adds value

Not a luxury we cannot afford.

No wake up Forrest.

Took you long enough to show your real id.

Back the club

Not superficial twisted liars.

Back the club with your Celtic blog or shut it down.
Telt

Remeber quite a few folk on here used to post on your site ,voicing there objections giving opinions they were celtic fans

But there posts would be deleted and yet foul mouthed scum could post what ever they wanted and yet you did fk all maybe you can enlighten us all on why that was

You also used to post the famous in brendan we trust pish hows that going for you

Remeber quite a few folk on here used to post on your site ,voicing there objections giving opinions they were celtic fans

But there posts would be deleted and yet foul mouthed scum could post what ever they wanted and yet you did fk all maybe you can enlighten us all on why that was

You also used to post the famous in brendan we trust pish hows that going for you
spot on kelly Hail Hail!COYBIG!

Can you please point to one single sentence in anything I wrote that lays blame, either now or in the future, with Celtic fans? I made a very simple point about the hysterical negativity, some of which emanates from your blog (your post on the day of the treble treble was precisely what I meant by this kind of deluded, hyper-privileged whinging), translating into things like dropped attendances or an obsessive will to get rid of Lenny at the first sign of trouble - the 'I hope he fails' and 'grass is always greener so let's burn it all down' mentalities. This was not a statement of fact, but rather my expression of hope that such negativity finds no concrete manifestation; hence why I wrote before it that hopefully the negativity is, erm, negated by positive actions. The board might very well let us down. We might not get the players we want. We might not get the players we need. But none of this has yet happened, but that doesn't stop the doom-merchants predicting, nay stating with clickbait confidence, that it's definitely going to happen.

But I know, and everyone with even half a brain knows, that there is a small section of our support who are kind of alchemists of misery - attempting to turn every positive into a negative. Every good development is actually a trace of our future demise and all this nonsense.

As to your claim that our club has gone backwards, I'll ask you an extremely simple question: who do you think Celtic could have reasonably approached to become our manager who would've taken the club forwards? I'm not talking about pie in the sky names here - I mean within the context of that often very inconvenient factor called reality.

Last edited:
People need to realise that if we were to go on a spending spree, bring in a moonbeam manager like Rafa, spend millions to get him, then strengthen the team with 3 or 4 payers that cost us say 15 to 20 million plus wages, and go out at the play off round in the CL, then we are in trouble, go out at the same stage 2 seasons on the bounce then we are truly fecked. My son told me yesterday that we received about 4 million in TV money for last seasons domestic campaign, it's really simple, when Dermot gambled on Rodgers it's safe to say he was expecting Champions league group stages for our club, it didn't take long for the panic to set in and give him a few sleepless nights.
For as much as Rodgers the messiah done for us domestically, we were humiliated on the continent, the place he was given the job for in the first place, we really weren't paying him all that dough for dominating Scottish football.
I think some of the views on NFL have been embarrassing at least, and borderline shameful at times, the way some fans are struggling to give the guy some time and a transfer window or 2 has me scratching ma napper, I think he's earned our trust in spades and we should be backing him to the max imo.

Back