Whinging

Can you please point to one single sentence in anything I wrote that lays blame, either now or in the future, with Celtic fans? I made a very simple point about the hysterical negativity, some of which emanates from your blog (your post on the day of the treble treble was precisely what I meant by this kind of deluded, hyper-privileged whinging), translating into things like dropped attendances or an obsessive will to get rid of Lenny at the first sign of trouble. This was not a statement of fact, but rather my expression of hope that such negativity finds no concrete manifestation; hence why I wrote before it that hopefully the negativity is, erm, negated by positive actions. The board might very well let us down. We might not get the players we want. We might not get the players we need. But none of this has yet happened, but that doesn't stop the doom-merchants predicting, nay stating with clickbait confidence, that it's definitely going to happen.

But I know, and everyone with even half a brain knows, that there is a small section of our support who are kind of alchemists of misery - attempting to turn every positive into a negative. Every good development is actually a trace of our future demise and all this nonsense.

As to your claim that our club has gone backwards, I'll ask you an extremely simple question: who do you think Celtic could have reasonably approached to become our manager who would've taken the club forwards? I'm not talking about pie in the sky names here - I mean within the context of that often very inconvenient factor called reality.
Telt - chapter II

HH Sam

People need to realise that if we were to go on a spending spree, bring in a moonbeam manager like Rafa, spend millions to get him, then strengthen the team with 3 or 4 payers that cost us say 15 to 20 million plus wages, and go out at the play off round in the CL, then we are in trouble, go out at the same stage 2 seasons on the bounce then we are truly fecked. My son told me yesterday that we received about 4 million in TV money for last seasons domestic campaign, it's really simple, when Dermot gambled on Rodgers it's safe to say he was expecting Champions league group stages for our club, it didn't take long for the panic to set in and give him a few sleepless nights.
For as much as Rodgers the messiah done for us domestically, we were humiliated on the continent, the place he was given the job for in the first place, we really weren't paying him all that dough for dominating Scottish football.
I think some of the views on NFL have been embarrassing at least, and borderline shameful at times, the way some fans are struggling to give the guy some time and a transfer window or 2 has me scratching ma napper, I think he's earned our trust in spades and we should be backing him to the max imo.
Telt - the trilogy........available on get back in your box set

We should always back the manager even if he isn't a personal choice. Not everyone is going to be happy but the depth of the negativity is worrying.......and contagious!
Well said Shammy, while I know you had your doubts about the appointment you didn't spit the dummy out, every managerial appointment is a gamble, only time will tell is this will work out, but there's a much better chance if the troops are united.

These people who talk about the appointment of Lennon as 'a step backwards' and 'downgrading' really do have to reconcile these ideas with the FACT that Brendan Rodgers signed on as Celtic manager knowing full well what the transfer policy of the club was. He knew full well that there was never going to be some huge spending spree. He used this contrived discontent to attempt to cultivate the image of himself as a kind of visionary martyr who was pushed out of Celtic by the tight-fisted, self-indulgent, narrow-minded, cat-stroking villain Peter Lawwell.

If the likes of Forrest can't understand this, then it's they, and not us who are willing to give the Lennon II era the benefit of the doubt, who are akin to the moonhowlers who write arrant pish about £45 million transfer kitties at Ibrox Noise. Celtic getting a coach of the calibre of Rodgers occurred due to truly unique circumstances - circumstances that aren't going to be reproduced with another coach of that calibre.

Well said Shammy, while I know you had your doubts about the appointment you didn't spit the dummy out, every managerial appointment is a gamble, only time will tell is this will work out, but there's a much better chance if the troops are united.

Absolutely, B. I'm really quite easy-oasy about managers and players, they come and they go and their journey ends when they leave Paradise and it's what goes on in-between that defines how we feel about them.

Back