Whisky and how to drink it.

Not one for starting an argument on a Friday night....... But ......
I like my single malt, particularly a 15yr old Glenlivet. I, in my wisdom, advocate that it should be drunk at room temp like a good red wine and that anyone who disagrees is wrong.
your thoughts bhoys and ghirls ??
Only time i ever tasted the stuff was when ma maw used tae dab it on ma toothache.

I like my single malt, particularly a 15yr old Glenlivet. I, in my wisdom, advocate that it should be drunk at room temp like a good red wine and that anyone who disagrees is wrong.
Paddy's at room temp with one cube of ice, because I like to feel cosmopolitan.

I've had a few Scottish single malts and would concur with your opinion. I generally drink Irish whiskey and we have some nice single malts too. I got a consignment of this stuff last year for £20 a bottle. Provenance was not forthcoming :ROFLMAO:

I've had a few Scottish single malts and would concur with your opinion. I generally drink Irish whiskey and we have some nice single malts too. I got a consignment of this stuff last year for £20 a bottle. Provenance was not forthcoming :ROFLMAO:

I live near enough by St. Augustine (oldest continuous white habitation in the US) and there is a winery and distillery next door to each other. They trade bourbon barrels (which have a legal limit on their use) and port barrels. The bourbon aged in a port barrel is nice but the port aged in a bourbon barrel is my favorite.

I live near enough by St. Augustine (oldest continuous white habitation in the US) and there is a winery and distillery next door to each other. They trade bourbon barrels (which have a legal limit on their use) and port barrels. The bourbon aged in a port barrel is nice but the port aged in a bourbon barrel is my favorite.
The type of barrel used in the aging process can have a profound effect on the finish. When I was a cub we used to go to a man well-renowned for Poitín making and he lived up a long lane. He kept his produce in rabbit holes in the hedges of said lane and the closer you got to his house the more highly favoured you were, by virtue of repeat custom or familial standing.
It was in glass bottles, mattered fuck all if it was distilled last Tuesday or 30 years ago. Such is the power of marketing meets myth.

Back