Who Next??? 🤔

So Another Name Gone Early or Ange for short.. As a Celtic fan I cant bring myself to wish him anything but success not that I really care. But as a fan also of the Gooners I hope he flops like a fish out of water 🐠💦🐠.

C'mon City group hurry up and geese a manager..

Seriously Celtic get it done quick, no fekin about.. Get your first choice in yesterday and lets get on with a new chapter of our wonderful club... And if you can make it Enzo Maresca all the better. Fank you

Broo a good shout,,Lennon got the job and had never managed?billy McNeil,?at least broonys had a taste.🤷‍♂️
Billy McNeill had been coaching Celtic's Under 16s, had a brief appointment at Clyde before spending a very successful season at Aberdeen finishing 2nd in the league, beaten in the Cup Final and signing players such as Gordon Strachan, Steve Archibald and Neil Simpson.

Times were probably simpler back then (very insular looking as Scotland produced lots more talent and possibly less tactical, more motivational focused). Plus Billy was a unique personality, who had always had a mature managerial outlook and demeanour even when young.

Slightly more recent examples of excellent players joining us as inexperienced managers would be Liam Brady and John Barnes.

Personally I'd say this is slightly too early for Broony - he will join us a manager in the future but I'd prefer it not to be just yet (the earlier analogy with Tommy Burns taking over a year or two too early is perfect). I wouldn't have a problem with him coming in as an assistant IF the new manager would be OK about having him in their team - I had hoped he might spend a season or two under Ange but that chance has now gone forever.

For my tuppence worth I think there are a few non starters in the names being mentioned.
Rodgers whether he is a no no for supporters or not despite his success his relationship on leaving with the board particularly Peter Lawell would prevent any return.

Broony needs a bigger test first before he gets anywhere near us ....I don't think the leap from his current position puts him in the running other than a bit part of the coaching team.

I would rule out Knutsen as he has a unique contract at Bodo where he currently gets 15/20% of player sales on top of his salary putting him on a EPL type wage. No way our board will be able to match that.

Marsche doesn't cut it for me as he has struggled in his last two appointments after Salzburg.

Maresca has won an under 23 league with Man City.
I get he is currently working with the best in Pep but its a risk as he flopped badly at Parma on his first role as a number one.

Potter will probably end up in the EPL musical chairs and will fancy another go down there.

Enrique again would probably be outside of our budget

Talk of Clarke Moyes would put half of the support on mogadon. Just NAW.

So who does that leave well hopefully not Kennedy who might also be for the off.
Has anybody considered Kewel might want to throw his hat into the ring.
I think he's quite a firey character and has the balls and would have learned alot under Ange ....if we are considering guys like Maresca why not Kewel who is already there...just saying like.

For my tuppence worth I think there are a few non starters in the names being mentioned.
Rodgers whether he is a no no for supporters or not despite his success his relationship on leaving with the board particularly Peter Lawell would prevent any return.

Broony needs a bigger test first before he gets anywhere near us ....I don't think the leap from his current position puts him in the running other than a bit part of the coaching team.

I would rule out Knutsen as he has a unique contract at Bodo where he currently gets 15/20% of player sales on top of his salary putting him on a EPL type wage. No way our board will be able to match that.

Marsche doesn't cut it for me as he has struggled in his last two appointments after Salzburg.

Maresca has won an under 23 league with Man City.
I get he is currently working with the best in Pep but its a risk as he flopped badly at Parma on his first role as a number one.

Potter will probably end up in the EPL musical chairs and will fancy another go down there.

Enrique again would probably be outside of our budget

Talk of Clarke Moyes would put half of the support on mogadon. Just NAW.

So who does that leave well hopefully not Kennedy who might also be for the off.
Has anybody considered Kewel might want to throw his hat into the ring.
I think he's quite a firey character and has the balls and would have learned alot under Ange ....if we are considering guys like Maresca why not Kewel who is already there...just saying like.
Kewell is off with ange says the ether would love him to stay though not sure as manager

Ange is obviously confident in his abilities but he'll be the 1st sacking in the EPL next season. If he believes he's getting time to implement his style he's in for a massive shock. The biggest names in management have failed at spurs...their management turn around is appalling.
Good luck at some 2nd rate team in France or Germany by Christmas Ange....couldn't have picked a worse team to go to. Enjoy management obscurity.
He could have created a legacy at Celtic...a good run in the champions league or even a genuine crack at the europa could have made him immortal. Instead he'll become a name in a long list of failed spurs managers.
He doesn't have the clout of Jose or Conti so this is likely to be his 1st and last crack at managing a big (laughs out loud) team in the big 6 leagues...enjoy it mate 👍

Let's hope we get a manager who plays attacking , attractive football but also has the intelligence to realise that in Europe, we have to change it up a bit.....One things for sure, the pre season will be an exciting and engaging one....I've forgotten about him already

The more you look at the players we have, the style of play we employ, the fact we were after Howe last time before we got Ange, even the fact that Rodgers appointment was due to him being on the rebound from a 'big 6' team in EPL, everything points to Graham Potter as being the ideal candidate. Would he want to come up here for a couple of years? Possibly, although Palace are reportedly interested in having him as their manager for next season. The question should at least be put to him.
Issue would be his wages, Lawwell is back so wage austerity won't be far behind him

The more you look at the players we have, the style of play we employ, the fact we were after Howe last time before we got Ange, even the fact that Rodgers appointment was due to him being on the rebound from a 'big 6' team in EPL, everything points to Graham Potter as being the ideal candidate. Would he want to come up here for a couple of years? Possibly, although Palace are reportedly interested in having him as their manager for next season. The question should at least be put to him.
Issue would be his wages, Lawwell is back so wage austerity won't be far behind him
Potter was in my thoughts earlier in week but its likely the same scenario,
first chance he gets to go back to EPL, he'll take it

Funnily enough Gary I had the same thought process about our players and thats why I came to the conclusion that Maresca would be a good fit for us.. However like Potter its probably a 2 season stint..

Funnily enough Gary I had the same thought process about our players and thats why I came to the conclusion that Maresca would be a good fit for us.. However like Potter its probably a 2 season stint..
I am now resigned to the reality that good successful managers are likely to have a short term stint with us. So we need to make this a priority in our planning, and be up to speed in sourcing the next most suitable one. What I want from them is a totally productive two years. A treble in each season will do me fine. I can live with them moving on then. 🏆🏆🏆

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back