Who will win the Desert world cup ( plus all things world cup)

Who will win the Christmas, desert, night time world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winter

This is a poll but doubles up for all things world cup mania, which we know there will be plenty.
Engurland are going to go into meltdown at some stage, very early hopefully.
I hope tae God that Iran ( not my favourite country by any means beat them, and CCVs USA and Wales,) and send them homeward tae think again.
Not in any order , bar the order of the groups , I've put in the usual suspects ( big hitters) and those I think can progress through the group stages , limited by poll options, but if you think that there's another nation I've missed stick them in the comments ( just furra laugh , winner gets a bucket and spade and their passport confiscated )

Countries not given an option like Engurland 🤭, Uruguay, Poland, Mexico and other South American, African and the hosts Qatar , if you think they will win just post it in the comments and get yerself doon tae the bookies pronto ( an stay aff the bevvy 😂)

Boycotting Qatar, but hope either Japan or Australia win. Go Socceroos!
By boycotting do you mean you wont watch it Larry?

I was reading today Sepp Blatter saying it was a mistake to award it to Qatar ( only taken him 12 years to acknowledge this 👏)
He's also very quick to point out FIFA president Gianni Infantino lives in Qatar, stating conflict of interest ( deflection of blame).

He actually says that at the time , 2010 " We agreed that we would give Russia the 2018 WC and the USA the 2022 WC " .

He's 86 now but this statement in my eyes shows how rife the whole process was.
Countries spend fortunes on their bids and here we have Blatter saying on record " it would have been a gesture of peace to give the two political opponents a WC one after another" showing the flaws in the system ( so called system).

He was cleared for his part in the £1.7 million payment to Platini but is still banned from any involvement in football because of the incident , showing money talks regardless of how guilty as sin a person is.

Interesting read , here its here if you never seen it.
He acknowledges the mistake but practically throws Platini under the bus though ultimately as head of FIFA he was responsible.

Sepp Blatter admits ‘Qatar was a mistake’ on eve of World Cup via @OneFootball.

Notice no votes for Argentina, yet.
Possibly because Messi has an Achilles injury?
He could still make it but those are probably the worst type of injury that a player could have before any big match(es) , if he makes it that would be either miraculous or the Argies are telling porkies ( beefies for the Qataris).

Still some squad Argentina have without him.
Argentina missing Messi for the world cup is like Croatia missing Colak....oh wait hes not been considered.
Well , like Colombia missing Moreorless...oops Colombia are missing themselves.
Like Scotland missing Ryan Jack aargh Scotland urnae there either.
It's like....the first wan Argentina missing Messi , tough because you want the best players there.

I'm wanting Canada to win, but seeing as it isn't on an ice rink then I'm going for the Dutch seeing as I got them in the work's sweeper.

I was surprised when I read that Iran are 20 in the FIFA rankings. Yes, the rankings are flawed but Iran won't be the pushovers many people think when they face Eng-ger-lund.

I'm wanting Canada to win, but seeing as it isn't on an ice rink then I'm going for the Dutch seeing as I got them in the work's sweeper.

I was surprised when I read that Iran are 20 in the FIFA rankings. Yes, the rankings are flawed but Iran won't be the pushovers many people think when they face Eng-ger-lund.
Iran are always underrated BB, I mind they beat USA 2-1 at ( think it was '98 WC)
They consistently qualify for WCs and through the asian section which is an endless qualifying system.
Obviously I'd like CCV and USA to beat them this time but think they could have a shock result or two.
Hopefully against Engerlund that would be awesome

Members online

Latest posts

Back