Who will win the Desert world cup ( plus all things world cup)

Who will win the Christmas, desert, night time world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aye, the excitement around world is building for the Tournament. Unfortunately I canny get the buzz, nothing to do with Scotland not being there.

Still going for an Argentina win got them at 7/1 when odds 1st went up on WH app & stuck a Big note on. The rest of the.Tartan Clan are on, Mrs going Germany, Daughter going Spain, Sons going France & the Grandweans Brazil.

MON THE ABE

I just took the time to look at the World Cup schedule and it is totally shite for us. Matches are at 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 7pm UK time. So if I leave work on time then I will hopefully catch the end of the 3rd game. The evening games are generally not that exciting.

I appreciate that many on here have to watch football at stupid o'clock all the time, but I was selfishly hoping the fitba would be a way to relax when I got home from work. Ah well, 3 weeks to the playoffs when it gets interesting.
No doubt there will be the usual full match replays but if you already know the score highlights often enough for the early stages anyway but aye shit times another mistake of being In Qatar

I'll watch some of it, but I won't be getting up at 2am (our time) to watch games, or even 5am (our time) for that matter, the PVR will be working at that hour
The later stages, are at a more reasonable time for Larry and I
After watching the Netflix series FIFA Uncovered, I'm disgusted with some of the corruption that went on between members of FIFA
Jack Warner for example, was paid $10 Million. to vote for Qatar as the host Nation, and he was not alone in that kind of thing
Blatter and Platini and Chuck Blazer, who turned whistleblower after the FBI caught him out, so to avoid prison, he turned States evidence
If you get a chance, watch it, it's how the game has gone in the past 20-30 years and it's a sad reflection of those who were allowed into positions of power, over the game
I wouldn't be surprised, if Qatar and Saudi Arabia make it through the first round, due to the standard of refereeing, and being that they are from that region
I always fancy Argentina and Brazil to do well, but with Messi possibly missing out, who knows

HH

Last edited:
I'll watch some of it, but I won't be getting up at 2am (our time) to watch games, or even 5am (our time) for that matter, the PVR will be working at that hour
The later stages, are at a more reasonable time for Larry and I
After watching the Netflix series FIFA Uncovered, I'm disgusted with some of the corruption that went on between members of FIFA
Jack Warner for example, was paid $10 Million. to vote for Qatar as the host Nation, and he was not alone in that kind of thing
Blatter and Platini and Chuck Blazer, who turned whistleblower after the FBI caught him out, so to avoid prison, he turned States evidence
If you get a chance, watch it, it's how the game has gone in the past 20-30 years and it's a sad reflection of those who were allowed into positions of power, over the game
I wouldn't be surprised, if Qatar and Saudi Arabia make it through the first round, due to the standard of refereeing, and being that they are from that region
I always fancy Argentina and Brazil to do well, but with Messi possibly missing out, who knows

HH
Watched it 2 days ago. Brillianr but shocking. Trouble is, until they change the voting system expect more of the same. When places like CONCAF have 30 votes representing small island nations, and South America has 10 votes the one Country one vote is never going to work.
It should be dependent on many factors like the amount of professional clubs you have, population size or something.

So the World Cup ends Dec 18th but the polls don't close until Feb 8th 2023

_115588640_gettyimages-1229620832-1.jpg.webp
I will close it afore then 26 the idea was for discussion afterwards as well but feb might be too much lol

Think it's between Brazil & Argentina with Brazil slight favourites given their squad depth. Argentina are very dependent on Messi but hopefully they win it for him.
France the strongest looking of the European teams.
France are missing many main men Pogba, the Leipzig striker Nkunku and more,some depth in the squad though

Last edited:
Watched it lennono what that bhoy went through was unbelievable to put it mildly
when he was young before he had seizure, his acceleration and ability to tie the laces of ball to his boot was just beyond nature. the way he could run almost straight at goal and shuffle into making defender or keeper go to wrong side was sublime. And his finishing was top drawer too.

when he was young before he had seizure, his acceleration and ability to tie the laces of ball to his boot was just beyond nature. the way he could run almost straight at goal and shuffle into making defender or keeper go to wrong side was sublime. And his finishing was top drawer too.
Veiri and Ronaldo what a strike partnership

Last edited:
Back