Who will win the Desert world cup ( plus all things world cup)

Who will win the Christmas, desert, night time world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aye, we're gonnie have tae suffer the drivel, euphoria & tears from down south as usual, when the 3 lions fail again.

Going for Argentina, Messi's last chance. France, Germany, Belgium, Brazil are all possible winners, just ABE 🤣
Well Messi does have an " inflamed Achilles injury " ( sair ankle ) but looks like he will still be oan the camel tae Qatar ( and we canny change our votes 🙈)

Gone for France. It will be out of them and Germany IMO....but I think France have to much quality.

Their only weakness is their GK, Hugo Lloris.

Any team that can boast Mbappe and Benzema as their strikers are a terrifying prospect to anyone!!
Benzema is a fantastic striker no two ways about that .
Do you think he was a worthy balloon door winner lubo?
I'm not convinced

Not sure there was any other choice. Messi and Ronaldos best days are behind them. Mbappe, although and absolute star hasn't taken PSG to their holy grail of winning the champions league. Neymar certainly doesn't deserve it. For what he helped Real Madrid achieve, with the goals he scored, I don't think anyone else could have won it but benzema IMO

Not sure there was any other choice. Messi and Ronaldos best days are behind them. Mbappe, although and absolute star hasn't taken PSG to their holy grail of winning the champions league. Neymar certainly doesn't deserve it. For what he helped Real Madrid achieve, with the goals he scored, I don't think anyone else could have won it but benzema IMO
Get your point the bhuddy though personally for me I dont know what Lewandowski has to do to win that award, was a stick on for me and I think it's the reason hes gone to Barcelona

Get your point the bhuddy though personally for me I dont know what Lewandowski has to do to win that award, was a stick on for me and I think it's the reason hes gone to Barcelona
I guess Benzema won cos his goals were so vital Madrid winning the Champions League. Sadio Mane was excellent last season too.

I fear Lewandowski has missed his chance now as Haaland or De Bruyne may overcome the Spanish bias to secure the Ballon d'Or.

This is a poll but doubles up for all things world cup mania, which we know there will be plenty.
Engurland are going to go into meltdown at some stage, very early hopefully.
I hope tae God that Iran ( not my favourite country by any means beat them, and CCVs USA and Wales,) and send them homeward tae think again.
Not in any order , bar the order of the groups , I've put in the usual suspects ( big hitters) and those I think can progress through the group stages , limited by poll options, but if you think that there's another nation I've missed stick them in the comments ( just furra laugh , winner gets a bucket and spade and their passport confiscated )

Countries not given an option like Engurland 🤭, Uruguay, Poland, Mexico and other South American, African and the hosts Qatar , if you think they will win just post it in the comments and get yerself doon tae the bookies pronto ( an stay aff the bevvy 😂)
Just as long as its not that mob doon the road plz baby jesus brother Muhammad and the ghost of wee king tut 🙏📿

I guess Benzema won cos his goals were so vital Madrid winning the Champions League. Sadio Mane was excellent last season too.

I fear Lewandowski has missed his chance now as Haaland or De Bruyne may overcome the Spanish bias to secure the Ballon d'Or.
True Benzema scored vital champions league goals for Madrid but cos it was his first time doing so for years really I just thought since Lewandowski is 2 time running golden shoe winner hed get more of a look in , barca have just gone top in la liga so all is not lost, mane a superb player as well and what liverpool's been missing

Just as long as its not that mob doon the road plz baby jesus brother Muhammad and the ghost of wee king tut 🙏📿
England have no chance imo at least cairnsybhoy, they are 4th favourites in UK bookies ,
Can any of our overseas bhoys post the odds list please from home and we can aw check the difference?
Shirley England arent 4th favourite to win in .....somewhere else lol.
No one really fears England outside England because they do it too themselves, the media hype so much pressure on them they're lucky to get a draw against Scotland at Wembley.

A desert world cup even at night will be stifling running about I'd give england at best a chance of progressing through the group stages and out

Germany out in the lead with 4, closely followed by Spain and Brazil who are neck and neck right behind them both on 3 then comes France hot on their heels with 2 with Holland, Argentina and Belgium all chasing like 🤬 but still on 1 apiece with the rest not even STARTED yet!

Which is not as bad as it sounds really because it doesnt start until Sunday the 20th November at 4 PM.

With the truly mammoth clash of the titans , tie of the round , tie of the day between joint favourites, sorry nice hosts Cattarh ( cough ,splutter) Vs Ecuador .
The giants of the desert Vs the ( wee ) South American outsiders Ecuador who nobody fears except England.

Never in the history of world cup football nor football for that matter has a game between a horrible cough for a cuntry and South American minnows been so eagerly anticipated by mill....many.

Cattarh ,splutter , having got off to a disastrous start against Croatia B ( they were caught trying to confiscate passports) so mini modric and co thumped them 3-0 and right back to the sand age.
Where Canada decided to also whack them 2-0 , incredibly after that they got a 2-2 draw with world cup dark horse......world cup absentees Chile 2-2 , in catarrh, apparently Chile were none to impressed with the temperature, chile insisted it was too hot to play.
Said they were melting.
Then finally just last month the spluttererers/coughers hacked up an immense result against central American giants Guatemala and won 2-0 , then the bigots beat world cup record holders Honduras by 1- 0 a momentous moment for all the sheikh(ers) and movers , face masks came off one cougher said that many went to celebrate the victory and the party mustve been so good because still no-one has seen any of them..
Honduras players were visibly choked by the catarrh result saying it made them sick to the stomach (but in spanish).

Then the shock Cattarh 4-3 Ecuador
Who saw that coming?
Who even knew it happened?
More goals in this one game than the last 40 games combined.
Ecuador however are out for revenge for that 4-3 reverse, theyve got the grit between their teeth and say the will be playing in their boots this time not their sandals, tactical error by manager who took it literally the game was in the desert.
Since then however the Ecuadorians have gone on an awesome 6 game unbeaten run ( or was it before? Canny mind )
Showing everyone they are not a South American team for nothing they have racked up very impressive results a 1-1 home draw against many peoples favourites ( if messi is fit) Argentina ( except for here on the noise where only Tartan Tim reckons Argentina can do it with or without you hoo ? messi !
Then a fabulous 1 -0 victory over Nigeria ( everybody's favourite non qualifier from Africa) .
Next up a magnificently boring 0-0 draw in cuidad Mexico ( mexico city fir non Spanish speaking folk) shocked the world into remembering how this tiny Amazonian ( or close to the jungle country) got out if Mehico alive.
Next another giant killing triumph over Cape Verde ( pronounced Verdy for non Portuguese or Spanish or Spanglish speakers) 1-0 and still undefeated.
Then finally, last two fixtures reminded the world just how effectively boring they can be by lashing Saudi Arabia into a 0-0 draw in public.
And finally the mother of all geisha's results a 0-0 draw away to Japan who were inexplicably without Kyogo, Hatate, and Maeda who were so bored to the skull that they left the country for Scotland, idegucci played a blinder in that game but unfortunately he was injured whilst wearing his blindfold.
And he is now out for the rest of the decade, so unlucky that guy Gucci .

So there we have it ( or its backwards hard to tell) but Ecuadoe are definately aiming for another 0-0 draw and hope they can sneak through when everybody's asleep.
Cattarh, unchanged and still require a decongestant.

The world awaits this 0-0 spectacle written all over it with baited breath, cos its hard to breathe in the desert

All up to date now tune in later for more total bs from the desert , except for the results all true .

Free drinks at Pride Bar on the Bazaar followed by some good stretching exercises thatll have you going from pillar to post and never want to see another rainbow in your life

Ok can I lie down now?
WITH A WOMAN! WITH A WOMAN!
ONE THATS MY WIFE!
Just kidding you can have as many wives as you want as long as they're yours and you have the camels to pay for them .

Germany out in the lead with 4, closely followed by Spain and Brazil who are neck and neck right behind them both on 3 then comes France hot on their heels with 2 with Holland, Argentina and Belgium all chasing like 🤬 but still on 1 apiece with the rest not even STARTED yet!

Which is not as bad as it sounds really because it doesnt start until Sunday the 20th November at 4 PM.

With the truly mammoth clash of the titans , tie of the round , tie of the day between joint favourites, sorry nice hosts Cattarh ( cough ,splutter) Vs Ecuador .
The giants of the desert Vs the ( wee ) South American outsiders Ecuador who nobody fears except England.

Never in the history of world cup football nor football for that matter has a game between a horrible cough for a cuntry and South American minnows been so eagerly anticipated by mill....many.

Cattarh ,splutter , having got off to a disastrous start against Croatia B ( they were caught trying to confiscate passports) so mini modric and co thumped them 3-0 and right back to the sand age.
Where Canada decided to also whack them 2-0 , incredibly after that they got a 2-2 draw with world cup dark horse......world cup absentees Chile 2-2 , in catarrh, apparently Chile were none to impressed with the temperature, chile insisted it was too hot to play.
Said they were melting.
Then finally just last month the spluttererers/coughers hacked up an immense result against central American giants Guatemala and won 2-0 , then the bigots beat world cup record holders Honduras by 1- 0 a momentous moment for all the sheikh(ers) and movers , face masks came off one cougher said that many went to celebrate the victory and the party mustve been so good because still no-one has seen any of them..
Honduras players were visibly choked by the catarrh result saying it made them sick to the stomach (but in spanish).

Then the shock Cattarh 4-3 Ecuador
Who saw that coming?
Who even knew it happened?
More goals in this one game than the last 40 games combined.
Ecuador however are out for revenge for that 4-3 reverse, theyve got the grit between their teeth and say the will be playing in their boots this time not their sandals, tactical error by manager who took it literally the game was in the desert.
Since then however the Ecuadorians have gone on an awesome 6 game unbeaten run ( or was it before? Canny mind )
Showing everyone they are not a South American team for nothing they have racked up very impressive results a 1-1 home draw against many peoples favourites ( if messi is fit) Argentina ( except for here on the noise where only Tartan Tim reckons Argentina can do it with or without you hoo ? messi !
Then a fabulous 1 -0 victory over Nigeria ( everybody's favourite non qualifier from Africa) .
Next up a magnificently boring 0-0 draw in cuidad Mexico ( mexico city fir non Spanish speaking folk) shocked the world into remembering how this tiny Amazonian ( or close to the jungle country) got out if Mehico alive.
Next another giant killing triumph over Cape Verde ( pronounced Verdy for non Portuguese or Spanish or Spanglish speakers) 1-0 and still undefeated.
Then finally, last two fixtures reminded the world just how effectively boring they can be by lashing Saudi Arabia into a 0-0 draw in public.
And finally the mother of all geisha's results a 0-0 draw away to Japan who were inexplicably without Kyogo, Hatate, and Maeda who were so bored to the skull that they left the country for Scotland, idegucci played a blinder in that game but unfortunately he was injured whilst wearing his blindfold.
And he is now out for the rest of the decade, so unlucky that guy Gucci .

So there we have it ( or its backwards hard to tell) but Ecuadoe are definately aiming for another 0-0 draw and hope they can sneak through when everybody's asleep.
Cattarh, unchanged and still require a decongestant.

The world awaits this 0-0 spectacle written all over it with baited breath, cos its hard to breathe in the desert

All up to date now tune in later for more total bs from the desert , except for the results all true .

Free drinks at Pride Bar on the Bazaar followed by some good stretching exercises thatll have you going from pillar to post and never want to see another rainbow in your life

Ok can I lie down now?
WITH A WOMAN! WITH A WOMAN!
ONE THATS MY WIFE!
Just kidding you can have as many wives as you want as long as they're yours and you have the camels to pay for them .
Nurse! NURSE! Winter is on the Benylin again - it looks like 3 whole bottles this time! 🤪

Can I just express my pride and gratitude at Scotland's football team choosing to boycott this corrupt World Cup. Of course, we have a long history of taking this decisive and rebellious action to show FIFA just how much we despise their corruption.

After all, we boycotted the Russian World Cup because of their appalling human rights record. Prior to that we boycotted Brazil because of... erm... chopping down the rainforests - yeah, that was why. In 2010 we followed Little Steven's advice decided not to play in South Africa because they used to have apartheid. Before that we never went to Germany cos they invaded Poland and in 2002 we refused to go to Japan/South Korea cos they made better electronic devices than us.

Well done Scotland. But please don't boycott the next one in Canada, USA & Mexico.

I just took the time to look at the World Cup schedule and it is totally shite for us. Matches are at 10am, 1pm, 4pm & 7pm UK time. So if I leave work on time then I will hopefully catch the end of the 3rd game. The evening games are generally not that exciting.

I appreciate that many on here have to watch football at stupid o'clock all the time, but I was selfishly hoping the fitba would be a way to relax when I got home from work. Ah well, 3 weeks to the playoffs when it gets interesting.

So the World Cup ends Dec 18th but the polls don't close until Feb 8th 2023

_115588640_gettyimages-1229620832-1.jpg.webp

Members online

Latest posts

Back