Who will win the Desert world cup ( plus all things world cup)

Who will win the Christmas, desert, night time world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now we know 2 of the last 16 games

Engurland v Senegal
Holland v USA

Hopefully the Sassanachs will go out, oh ffs those tears would be sweet. The other game extratime & pens, imo. Thank fxck we're getting tae the business end of the tournament.

18days till the Hoops back in action, thank fxck.

One Portuguese player ran through all of the D and was entering the penalty box so was encroaching by 4-5 yards!
Its something I mentioned in the ' rule changes thread ' , the retaking of penalties because of encroachment.

This was not long after the 4-3 game at Tynecastle.
Big Joe Hart saved the penalty and the rebound put in the net but ruled offside then ordered to be retaken because a Hearts player encroaching ( if I mind³e correctly, ) it's a rule , one of many that needs looking at.

Aye, the American justice system done Fifa for corruption, them & their neighbours get a WC 2028 out of it, FIFA corruption train makes more money, 3 different countries, 3 different Alcohol Sponsors.🤬🤬🤬
3 different beers, Molsons , Miller and Sol. 3 different shampoos ( no idea) 3 different everything " official partners " bs.

FIFA'S way ahead of everybody on these things ( these things being corruption).

Good call TT.
I mind the Swiss raids on FIFA'S offices at the behest of US authorities.
Hadnt occured to me until Blatter said before Qatar started the USA was meant to get it after Russia.
Why else would the Americans be investigating a foreign company ?
( FIFA'S actually a different planet within a planet, certainly live and act like they're on another planet. ), other than they felt theyd been bumped , by Qatar for loadsa money, and they were right.

Qatar had been using a former CIA operative gone private to spy on FIFA fo 9 YEARS!

Once they started turning the screw on Blatter and Platini, both indicted for fraud, suddenly they're both acquitted and what do you know?
Next world cup will be in north America.

Watching infantinno's deranged speech last week about " today I'm Qatari, today I'm gay, a migrant etc" was the first time really I'd heard much from him.

The snake oil was oozing and dripping off him.
If the UK want the world cup that badly , that's the way to go , less backhanded bids etc, more " we're seizing all your assets" since all thr moneys always in London.

But I do hope that the US and Wales beat the crap out of England
Well the US really should've beaten them both, they hit the woodwork in both games.

Against Wales they were getting stronger and then HT they just didn't show up for the 2nd half.
Even still it took a late Bale penalty to get Wales a point and that was when it was obvious this Welsh team were not the same force anymore.
Bale can't carry them as he once did , reliant upon too many " former" quality players who ( outside of Cardiff) and without the home advantage are a declining force with Joe Allen , Ramsey and others unable to impact the game as they once did

Against England , the fact USA were disappointed whilst England were happy with the point said a lot.

They are a good decent team with Pulisic Weah, CCV , Dest , Adam's, McKennie, Musah, all playing for top flight clubs in England Italy, Spain , Celtic.

I see no reason why they cannot give Holland a good run for the money

Last edited:
Wow ! Tunisia and Australia both winning 😂
I was going to say no-one saw that coming though there are 3 noisers whove gone for Australia to win.

I'm watching Australia and its a quite subdued atmosphere.
If Australia quality having lost the first game 4-1 that's got to be up there with some of the best recoveries ever.

Has to be said that Tunisia have a little advantage of sorts in that France havent got Mbappe on the field.
Something Denmark and Australia did have to contend with but thats taking nothing away from Tunisia beating the world champions .
Imagine in Tunisia beat the champions but an Australian win will render that irrelevant.

Wow off the hook there Australia .
Denmark awarded a penalty only to be found offside.

Could we see an African side progress to the semis for the first time ever this world cup?

We've had Asian semi finalists before, South Korea , the only one who've gone that far as 2002 co -hosts, north Korea reached the quarters in 1966 , dont know anything about that world cup. Nothing.

Members online

Latest posts

Back