Why has lennon not been sacked yet

I thought today would be the day that the club announced something, dream on. I dont believe for a moment the club arent planning something. What they're planning Idk. The appointment of Dom McKay is a positive one and his first action has to be an equally positive one. Perplexed by what's going on. My faither in law likes to rib me about the poor results of late and slippy doing well etc , all in fun as hes not that interested in the Scottish game, really his interest is the EPL. When he stops to rib me and is saying things like "theres something not right behind the scenes, the players are all international quality at the club, I've not seen a club fall so far in such a short time , Sheffield United perhaps" . These are the observations of a man who has no interest in Celtic apart from he was a rangers fan in his youth being from Newton -Ards. Point is that if someone who has no interest in the club or the game up here can see the obvious, then those running the club are also aware of the obvious. I take shadows point above about the timing for season ticket sales as a good one, still that means the club will continue to lurch from one debacle to the next with no apparent leadership on or off the field in the meantime. Weve seen the announcement of McKay and DDs son being appointed to the board. I have to believe that there is something in the pipeline for these changes at the top to have happened. Will we get a top manager? Can the club afford not to appoint a proven coach/manager? I dont think they can. Lenny is not for walking no matter how bad results get, we couldve lost 5-1 yesterday and still he would continue on with his belief that he can turn things around. We saw Griffiths support lenny midweek with his ridiculous " fans forget " statement and his tee-shirt display only to be thrown under the bus by lenny in return last night. Lenny must have crocodile skin to brush all this off and continue. Those with the power are stripping the man of any credibility he has by allowing him to continue. This being the last day of the window and the last of the month meaning lennys review has been completed if not released. Perhaps we may hear something soon enough. I think that it was probably wise not to bring in a new manager during the window , but once it slams shut then the club could announce a new manager who will have the rest of the season to weigh up the squad before the summer window, a bit like BR and Leicester and weve seen how successful that worked out to be. One thing that is 100% certain is that lennys days are few in number left as Celtic manager. HH ☘

It sounds as if Lennon has been fighting a losing battle all season.
One statement from last night tells us this is exactly what has happened.
He said ..Maybe they just dont like living in Scotland..he is obviously having problems with the foreign players,,but which ones ??? we will hear about that in his book.

HH.

When lenny first returned to the club as manager he had the respect of the squad as that squad all knew of his exploits as a Celtic treble winning player and he had success of sorts in the champions league. The footballing landscape has undergone huge changes since then and now even ordinary players are paid huge sums of money and cannot be intimidated by anyone as they are set for life millionaires who probably are indifferent to lennys successes at the club or think that they have even eclipsed his achievements and many have. Bullying players Fergie style is a thing of the past as BR showed , you have to win players over and show you believe in them. I dont recall any players thrown under the bus during his tenure as Celtic manager except perhaps Shved and that was really a parting swipe at the board. Lenny imo is finished at the top level and wont be offered any high profile posts in the future. His style is outdated and cost him his job as hibs manager. He may well get another Scottish club appointment at a St Mirren or Hamilton type club . Time for the board , be it lawell or McKay to step in and take it out of his hands. What are they waiting for?

If I was a cynic I might think you’re right.

This is how PL/the board have always operated mate, they've always been extremely manipulative where the support is concerned......a prime example of it was Lenny being given the job permanently in the shower after the Treble Treble was secured.

By PL's own admission (after the fact) they never even considered anyone else for the position. They had already made their mind up about appointing Lenny but knowing full well there was a significant number in the support who were against Lenny getting the gig full time it was all about the timing of the announcement.

What better moment than immediately after securing a historic Treble Treble when everyone connected to the club was on a high, when Lenny and the team were lifting a 9th successive trophy and those dissenting voices within the support could be so easily dismissed and portrayed as being unnecessarily negative, churlish and hostile to a Celtic Legend?

This is why I detest Lawell and I'm ecstatic at the news he's finally on his way out after 17 long years. He's a manipulator and a snake oil salesman who has exploited our loyalty and love for this club far too often for far too long. For me the day he walks out of Paradise for the last time can't come soon enough!

HH mate.

I thought today would be the day that the club announced something, dream on. I dont believe for a moment the club arent planning something. What they're planning Idk. The appointment of Dom McKay is a positive one and his first action has to be an equally positive one. Perplexed by what's going on. My faither in law likes to rib me about the poor results of late and slippy doing well etc , all in fun as hes not that interested in the Scottish game, really his interest is the EPL. When he stops to rib me and is saying things like "theres something not right behind the scenes, the players are all international quality at the club, I've not seen a club fall so far in such a short time , Sheffield United perhaps" . These are the observations of a man who has no interest in Celtic apart from he was a rangers fan in his youth being from Newton -Ards. Point is that if someone who has no interest in the club or the game up here can see the obvious, then those running the club are also aware of the obvious. I take shadows point above about the timing for season ticket sales as a good one, still that means the club will continue to lurch from one debacle to the next with no apparent leadership on or off the field in the meantime. Weve seen the announcement of McKay and DDs son being appointed to the board. I have to believe that there is something in the pipeline for these changes at the top to have happened. Will we get a top manager? Can the club afford not to appoint a proven coach/manager? I dont think they can. Lenny is not for walking no matter how bad results get, we couldve lost 5-1 yesterday and still he would continue on with his belief that he can turn things around. We saw Griffiths support lenny midweek with his ridiculous " fans forget " statement and his tee-shirt display only to be thrown under the bus by lenny in return last night. Lenny must have crocodile skin to brush all this off and continue. Those with the power are stripping the man of any credibility he has by allowing him to continue. This being the last day of the window and the last of the month meaning lennys review has been completed if not released. Perhaps we may hear something soon enough. I think that it was probably wise not to bring in a new manager during the window , but once it slams shut then the club could announce a new manager who will have the rest of the season to weigh up the squad before the summer window, a bit like BR and Leicester and weve seen how successful that worked out to be. One thing that is 100% certain is that lennys days are few in number left as Celtic manager. HH ☘
Make no bones about this Winter Lennon is going,nothing can stop that,these people are without any doubt in my mind either speaking to the next manager or looking for the next manager.
I also believe Lenny is being strung along until everything is in place for Desmond to produce the next Messiah as he did with Rogers.
No signings Winter tells us there is something happening in the background,by no signings I mean no money laid out for players,, not loans..unless you take S.D. south of the border.. for £45,000 per week..
Any coach worth his salt will want his own players brought in not the dross which was left behind.
He will want to know how much he has to spend,he will hopefully want his own staff with him,he will definitely want control of all signings,and he will tell them who is surplus to requirement, this is why Winter I believe somebody will be in place before the season ticket money begging letter hits the deck of everyone of our homes..
Keep the faith pal..

HH.

This is how PL/the board have always operated mate, they've always been extremely manipulative where the support is concerned......a prime example of it was Lenny being given the job permanently in the shower after the Treble Treble was secured.

By PL's own admission (after the fact) they never even considered anyone else for the position. They had already made their mind up about appointing Lenny but knowing full well there was a significant number in the support who were against Lenny getting the gig full time it was all about the timing of the announcement.

What better moment than immediately after securing a historic Treble Treble when everyone connected to the club was on a high, when Lenny and the team were lifting a 9th successive trophy and those dissenting voices within the support could be so easily dismissed and portrayed as being unnecessarily negative, churlish and hostile to a Celtic Legend?

This is why I detest Lawell and I'm ecstatic at the news he's finally on his way out after 17 long years. He's a manipulator and a snake oil salesman who has exploited our loyalty and love for this club far too often for far too long. For me the day he walks out of Paradise for the last time can't come soon enough!

HH mate.
Hear Hear,Shadow and HH

But then the window will be shut. Then we are scrambling about in the summer trying to buy new players - but what is that, the Euro championships will be on then so all the half decent players will be tied up with that and not wanting to discuss transfers.

So we go into the European qualifiers with the remains of the current squad, minus those that have sodded off and international players. When we finally get round to buying someone (fingers crossed they are decent), late as usual, they may then need a wee break because they were playing in the Euros.

Only then do we try to integrate them into the team by which time we may be out of the Champions League qualifiers (assuming we somehow hang onto second place in the league this season) and will have played more than half a dozen league games again!

I think I've seen this same movie before (every sodding summer), but only this time it is starting with a massive car crash scene as a survivor is crawling out from the wreckage! Even during our very successful seasons recently why do we feel the need to deliberately hamstring ourselves at the start each season instead of going in as best prepared as possible?
Spot on,BB the same scenario every pre season,here’s hoping the new ceo will get to change things.

Lawwell is incompetent and has no contingency plan to replace the manager. Didn't when he should have been sacked in October and doesn't now. He didn't have one when Rodgers left either but fortunately Lennon had just been sacked by Hibs.
Dont you think,Gary how Lennon (The cheap option) suddenly leaves Hibs and walks to Celtic a few weeks later with no other contenders in the frame . A bit fishy me thinks.HH

Well it looks like the board thought they cud just get this season done with then sort shit out in summer obviously with guys names on a list and possibly sounded out about coming but then guys like bilic's become available which with this next appointment it's got to be rite so wen guys like bilic's become available the board must say oh wait let's look a him footballs such a fluid sport theres always comings and goings maybe the guy they want disnae want tarnished with losing the ten if he comes in the now I really dont know troops but I'm of the opinion we need the new man NOW cause we dont want to end up with a 30 point deficit fay champs to that 😱
Especially Cairnsy,losing to a duff team that the Huns have.HH

Lawwell is incompetent and has no contingency plan to replace the manager. Didn't when he should have been sacked in October and doesn't now. He didn't have one when Rodgers left either but fortunately Lennon had just been sacked by Hibs.
Your right, Lawwell has been proven to have no contigency in the past on numerous occassions. He will have no say in this appointment, he's off in summer, you wouldn't let the leaver pick the guy to lead when he's not there.
I've a funny feeling you'll see WGS/MON/RK (in order of probability) till season end if they do eventually decide enoughs enough

Dermot Desmond is apparently a billionaire and a top business man right !well how the fuk is that if this is the way he runs his other companies.
Standing by while his CEO and manager stumble from one disaster to another surely not!
Dermot Desmond is apparently a billionaire and a top business man right !well how the fuk is that if this is the way he runs his other companies.
Standing by while his CEO and manager stumble from one disaster to another surely not!
Kak, Desmond is the top shareholder buying more than anybody else must give him some rights but he dose not buy the players. If the shares started to drastically dip,He would be off.

Have the players they need coached daily by a coach, Rodgers had a coach behind him, all he had to do was apply the reason behind intense training and install the belief that at the end of it, the rewards will oudo the pain , Neil Lennon is on his own, if Neil Lennon is not the coach then we have the answer, WTF does the other members do all week.
We still heve the nucleus of the teams that won us the major trophies, as guys like Izzy starting show the strain, Tiernety came in, thats were we are the now, we are watching Sorro (Z) and Turnbull cememting positions, we seee Welsh in the background waiting, but they need coached. Turnbull and Sorro are waiting on the next step up, they have brought what they have learned from their previous clubs, now they need to be given the next level and its not there at thye moment, thats why Rodgers is in demand he hires coaches to work with him, Neil Lennon has inherited what was there and he lost Dameion Duff to his love for his country International team.
Have to replace like for like, Players have to learn new skills and movements, set plays etc, thats all coaching is, improving on weaknesses and learning new manouvres as a team. C'mon to fuck Celtic we can see it clearly, you do not become a bad team, you fail to move on is what costs you. Fans could tell our coaching staff every one trick pony in the SPFL, we know how the huns move, who is a bomb scare and who has one step over, we could tell how Livi play, big punt into box from set piece, get a goal and high press the midfield in groups, Celtic have no width and thats pointless if you are playing attacking full backs,
When can you start boab,you can pick your back room staff from fellow Noise Members. Seriously, what kind of coach is Kennedy when he cannot instruct players to stop cross balls going into the box and going to opponents who then score.HH

Make no bones about this Winter Lennon is going,nothing can stop that,these people are without any doubt in my mind either speaking to the next manager or looking for the next manager.
I also believe Lenny is being strung along until everything is in place for Desmond to produce the next Messiah as he did with Rogers.
No signings Winter tells us there is something happening in the background,by no signings I mean no money laid out for players,, not loans..unless you take S.D. south of the border.. for £45,000 per week..
Any coach worth his salt will want his own players brought in not the dross which was left behind.
He will want to know how much he has to spend,he will hopefully want his own staff with him,he will definitely want control of all signings,and he will tell them who is surplus to requirement, this is why Winter I believe somebody will be in place before the season ticket money begging letter hits the deck of everyone of our homes..
Keep the faith pal..

HH.
I read recently Brighton had said that Duffy wont be returning until his loan period is up, but Celtic can cut his loan short if they want I'm sure , though it would cost a fee to do that it might be worth it to the club financially and performance wise to do so. I feel sorry for him strangely as he is a decent player but has lost all confidence over a variety of reasons, personal, performance levels and results have totally destroyed his lifetime ambition of playing for us and his decline has been almost as spectacular as Celtic's ☘

Yup. I think they’re planning on announcing the outcome of the January review in June.

When lenny first returned to the club as manager he had the respect of the squad as that squad all knew of his exploits as a Celtic treble winning player and he had success of sorts in the champions league. The footballing landscape has undergone huge changes since then and now even ordinary players are paid huge sums of money and cannot be intimidated by anyone as they are set for life millionaires who probably are indifferent to lennys successes at the club or think that they have even eclipsed his achievements and many have. Bullying players Fergie style is a thing of the past as BR showed , you have to win players over and show you believe in them. I dont recall any players thrown under the bus during his tenure as Celtic manager except perhaps Shved and that was really a parting swipe at the board. Lenny imo is finished at the top level and wont be offered any high profile posts in the future. His style is outdated and cost him his job as hibs manager. He may well get another Scottish club appointment at a St Mirren or Hamilton type club . Time for the board , be it lawell or McKay to step in and take it out of his hands. What are they waiting for?
Everything is going up in flames and the board are fkn dithering. Our custodians are like the fire brigade showing up and trying to decide which hose to use while the hoose burns down.

Members online

Back