Why has lennon not been sacked yet

I think BR knew exactly how to smooch the players. From what I’ve seen at Hibs/Bolton and comments others have made re Lennon I don't think that’s his forte. Seems he can be an insulting, aggressive person.
Decent players wont tolerate being shit on indefinitely. Eventually they will adopt the up yours approach. The less time on their contracts the worse it probabem a
I think BR knew exactly how to smooch the players. From what I’ve seen at Hibs/Bolton and comments others have made re Lennon I don't think that’s his forte. Seems he can be an insulting, aggressive person.
Decent players wont tolerate being shit on indefinitely. Eventually they will adopt the up yours approach. The less time on their contracts the worse it probably gets.
Agree regarding Hibs.
He did not get much respect.

I agree

sounds like a sensible plan to me.

But hopefully something better gets announced, no idea how it gets funded but I hope its going to happen and like asap
We need to be realistic at this point let's decide that a proper structure is the first thing we can get in place, I would also like to have a time limit on the length of service that a member of the board can serve. I would like a constitution similar to that of some of the Spanish clubs. As a reason why I think this would be a good idea is more fresh input In the boardroom leading to more investment in the playing team and more investment in the team.

I agree

sounds like a sensible plan to me.

But hopefully something better gets announced, no idea how it gets funded but I hope its going to happen and like asap
We need to be realistic at this point let's decide that a proper structure is the first thing we can get in place, I would also like to have a time limit on the length of service that a member of the board can serve. I would like a constitution similar to that of some of the Spanish clubs. As a reason why I think this would be a good idea is more fresh input In the boardroom leading to more investment in the playing team and more investment in the team
The financial risks are not the same.

The options of affordable replacements were much easier in past.

went from 30 million in bank to potentially -30 million in 1 season

And thats before a change is made.

Players and managers wages are influenced by the clubs average wage bill.

We are in high risk mode, rather than skinflint mode.

if we had been in skinflint mode replacing manager would be easy.

Some wanted even more spending at biggening of season.

And it turns out that huge wages and huge transfer fees for little known players is massive risk.

yet the known players who fit the bill are multiples higher than what we spent.

the kind of manager we would like is unlikely to come if he cant buy the type of players we would like. And although there are plenty of good managers out there we technically can afford the risks have never ever been higher.

And it seems to me most celtic fans think we can afford these big name managers and players because all those dudes you mentioned had players of a higher mental calibre and a much lower wage expectancy.

Had celtic not done the greatest transfer window in donkeys (thats what a lot of people were claiming at start of season) then the board would have been classed as not being ambitious enough.

They cut loose some of the bloated squad round the trimmings but it turns out the greatest transfer window in our history has possibly been the worst for club in donkeys.

Despite the precarious position club has stuck itself through excessive hubris we need a new manager

But who can we afford if 30+ million doesnt get you much better than buying Livingston reserves.

would buying Livingston reserves have been better?

no

cause they aren't good enough

And it seems that because our average wage trebled under rodgers buying mostly dross

good players want more than the wages of the dross

and a lot more than the current average wage.

Which still doesnt come close to competing with lesser clubs in bigger leagues.

but still the cry is spend spend spend despite there being a covid crisis even less income and rising wages still in football.

hubris blinds reality

And reality stings when hubris crashes

I hope they have a rabbit they can produce, but if not we need to rebalance the destruction started by hiring rodgers

he did well

but the risks were so high that couple bad signings and your fecked especially if it seriously dents the income levels

throw in covid and corrupt officials and msm pushing some clandestine agendas and a complete obfuscation of actual real trustworthy news and boom

club is still in health

next move must change the balance correctly or it could get much worse much faster

the risks have never been higher through the sky funded windfalls destabilising the massive clubs outside the windfall selections

And you either need a sugar daddy with monster pockets or you cut your cloth

but will our fans abandon club if option 2 is the only option based on the myths promoted by our friendly media?
Sorry most players will take a decent pay level with the knowledge that if they are playing at a club like Celtic, with the accompanying pressure then they can make more cash at a "middling" club like Southampton, there are a number of examples i could quote how many of sevco's squad have been sold?

We need to be realistic at this point let's decide that a proper structure is the first thing we can get in place, I would also like to have a time limit on the length of service that a member of the board can serve. I would like a constitution similar to that of some of the Spanish clubs. As a reason why I think this would be a good idea is more fresh input In the boardroom leading to more investment in the playing team and more investment in the team

Sorry most players will take a decent pay level with the knowledge that if they are playing at a club like Celtic, with the accompanying pressure then they can make more cash at a "middling" club like Southampton, there are a number of examples i could quote how many of sevco's squad have been sold?
im no sure I understand your point?

I think you'll find that Trump will be our greatest ever right winger ever. He will be beauiful just beautiful. And if you disagree then you are a very bad man for falsifying fake news!
I’ve always wanted to be a Bad man Bridie even furra a hoor or Two.
but canny dae it.
but ur we Signing Trump suppose Mar lago
Good training camp and they secret service
Guys will not huv anycnut Taking Photos
Upside. Will he replace Bankier
Wtf um a talkin aboot need Drink to quote a real Legned.

HH 👏

This is the arrogance of the man,what part of we dont want you here does he not understand..
Probably all of it so it has come to the time now when he needs to be pushed.
If he loves this club as much as he says he does and wants the best for it,,now is the time to do the right thing,such an arrogant mug he has not even taken his family into consideration if he had he would have been gone weeks ago..

HH.

I have now gone from welcoming Neil Lennon's appointment, to supporting him, to defending him, to worrying about him, to wanting him do the right thing, to hoping the board would take action regarding him.
Now, I just want him to F*** Off.
Sorry about the language. But the arrogance, selfishness and self entitled attitude of the man is making my blood boil. It is hard to have respect for a person displaying such characteristics.
For me, this is where any remaining semblance of his legend status, has now gone. 🚽

Last edited:
£300000 could it be that’s the reason
Love of money usually Trumps love of Club
But could be wrong. if all the Season ticket holders and all the other Fans Pay £1 each
We could pay him off. Mm we could No crowd fund it
Peter and Golfmond wid go for that

HH 😠

Reactions: POD

This is the arrogance of the man,what part of we dont want you here does he not understand..
Probably all of it so it has come to the time now when he needs to be pushed.
If he loves this club as much as he says he does and wants the best for it,,now is the time to do the right thing,such an arrogant mug he has not even taken his family into consideration if he had he would have been gone weeks ago..

HH.
COULD follow Lawwell? There better be no fkn COULD about it.
At least I agree he shouldn’t follow Lawwell out the door in summer. He better be gone PRONTO.
The arrogance of the man is simply breathtaking. As I have suggested previously a demand for a refund for all matches the support have not been able to attend unless action is taken forthwith will get the fkn boards attention quick enough. There you go Pete we’ve done the ‘review’ for you.
I cant even believe that Lawwell is prepared to tolerate this shit any more.

£300000 could it be that’s the reason
Love of money usually Trumps love of Club
But could be wrong. if all the Season ticket holders and all the other Fans Pay £1 each
We could pay him off. Mm we could No crowd fund it
Peter and Golfmond wid go for that

HH 😠
I know you are being tongue in cheek JS 67. But surely we cannot be stuck for what, in the greater scheme of things, is a paltry sum of cash. There's more to this. Lennon must have some hold over a major decision maker. Nothing else makes sense. He's involved in bringing new players in during this window, talking of rebuilding for next season, indicating that he intends being manager next season? A total disconnect from the supporters expectations. Add to that, a silent 'owner', silent CEO and a silent board. By now, any other manager would have been run out the door. Something doesn't add up.

At least I agree he shouldn’t follow Lawwell out the door in summer. He better be gone PRONTO.
The arrogance of the man is simply breathtaking. As I have suggested previously a demand for a refund for all matches the support have not been able to attend unless action is taken forthwith will get the fkn boards attention quick enough. There you go Pete we’ve done the ‘review’ for you.
Love your first paragraph , BB.👍🤣

There was something in video celts identifying a tweeter as DDs boy or someone well connected. That tweeter tweeted yesterday about how time was taken after the defeat to the newco in the semi before the announcement of BR and telling the fans to calm down.

Lawwell is now gone in the summer so he won't be caring if he leaves a shitstorm for the new CEO. In fact, if the new guy struggles then it may make him (PL) look better. I know that is a terrible thing to think, especially as we do know PL is a Celtic fan at heart, but he gives the impression of being so arrogant and having such a big ego that I am now thinking the worst about him.

Last edited:
I can't think of a manager who's had a P45 in the post for so long. I remember being a bit underwhelmed and worried under Macari, Barnes and Mowbray. I remember feeling it was looking bleak for Tommy. But it still came to a head quite quickly in each instance. With Lennon it's been absolutely overdue for ages.

Even in the wider football world, I can't think of an example.

Members online

Latest posts

Back