Why has lennon not been sacked yet

Wonder if Pete’s master strategy now is to let Dominic get in the door then he can have the responsibility of firing a ‘legend’ who won trebles as a player and manager?
Lennon's treble as a manager was the final act of defiance (a tame one at that) of a dying side that has been in terminal decline since the snake left. It was worrying even from the time that the 'bringing back the thunder' never materialised. With the further decline since the Scottish Cup final, we would likely have lost it in normal time with the current form.

Wonder if Pete’s master strategy now is to let Dominic get in the door then he can have the responsibility of firing a ‘legend’ who won trebles as a player and manager?
If it is then it is a bizarre strategy. No one likes to have to sack anyone, especially if there is a friendship there. But in this case, it must be one of the easier "mutual consents" to do. Lennon has clearly lost the dressing room as we stumble along in one of the worst runs in our history and he has also lost the support of the vast majority of the fans now. Who is going to complain too loudly if Lennon was to leave his post? Lawwell is very highly financially rewarded to make these decisions but he is being negligent here by avoiding doing his job.

If it is then it is a bizarre strategy. No one likes to have to sack anyone, especially if there is a friendship there. But in this case, it must be one of the easier "mutual consents" to do. Lennon has clearly lost the dressing room as we stumble along in one of the worst runs in our history and he has also lost the support of the vast majority of the fans now. Who is going to complain too loudly if Lennon was to leave his post? Lawwell is very highly financially rewarded to make these decisions but he is being negligent here by avoiding doing his job.
Yeah but mutual consent is exactly that - mutual. Has anything you’ve heard Lennon say convince anybody that he would be prepared to accept that. I think he’ll just dig his heels in and insist he’s staying.
Unfortunately I believe firing him is probably the only option. Although why he wants the ignominy of this is beyond me.
As for Pete he’s out in summer so he’ll just take the easy option. He doesn’t have to worry about ‘hard’ decisions any more.

Yeah but mutual consent is exactly that - mutual. Has anything you’ve heard Lennon say convince anybody that he would be prepared to accept that. I think he’ll just dig his heels in and insist he’s staying.
Unfortunately I believe firing him is probably the only option. Although why he wants the ignominy of this is beyond me.
I was using mutual consent in the usual football meaning where evrryone knows that a manager is sacked but they want make it more palatable and say that both parties had a grown-up discussion and agreed that this would be in everyone's interests (as the manager is dragged kicking and screaming to the back door and turfed out into the street).

Last day of transfer window tomorrow.
Are we going to do deals - in/out, transfer/loan- then sack the manager?
Or are we going to get a new manager in and then sell/keep players that he’ll maybe want?
Nothing surprises me about this club, this season. 😡
Don’t even think of Kennedy for the job🤬

I think the team was in decline before BR left. He created a hunger and a nous in the players already here sharpened by the new recruits but the rewards available elsewhere turned heads and created divisions I am afraid. The new ego in those players,created by BR, could not continue to be satisfied at CP and as TET has continually pointed out, it sent our wage costs continuing upwards with a decline in quality seen in those coming in despite our record sales. I have no doubt that it is a really tricky job to compete with the top teams but only football explanations will not explain our inability to compete better in the spfl. However given the budgets in Scotland and the dearth of local talent coupled with the lack of a structure to develop in means the quality of the coaching and recruitment staff are of the highest importance. Hopefully the review will see the much needed shake up in those departments 🙄

I was using mutual consent in the usual football meaning where evrryone knows that a manager is sacked but they want make it more palatable and say that both parties had a grown-up discussion and agreed that this would be in everyone's interests (as the manager is dragged kicking and screaming to the back door and turfed out into the street).
Yeah I know what you meant. Seen it enough times myself...so and so has left to pursue other opportunities.
In Neil’s case I’m beginning to believe only option 2 will do it - the kicking and screaming route.
Unless this is another smoke and mirrors show by Lawwell and Lennon.
If it is then fuck the pair of them.

I think the team was in decline before BR left. He created a hunger and a nous in the players already here sharpened by the new recruits but the rewards available elsewhere turned heads and created divisions I am afraid. The new ego in those players,created by BR, could not continue to be satisfied at CP and as TET has continually pointed out, it sent our wage costs continuing upwards with a decline in quality seen in those coming in despite our record sales. I have no doubt that it is a really tricky job to compete with the top teams but only football explanations will not explain our inability to compete better in the spfl. However given the budgets in Scotland and the dearth of local talent coupled with the lack of a structure to develop in means the quality of the coaching and recruitment staff are of the highest importance. Hopefully the review will see the much needed shake up in those departments 🙄
I think BR knew exactly how to smooch the players. From what I’ve seen at Hibs/Bolton and comments others have made re Lennon I don't think that’s his forte. Seems he can be an insulting, aggressive person.
Decent players wont tolerate being shit on indefinitely. Eventually they will adopt the up yours approach. The less time on their contracts the worse it probably gets.

As for Pete he’s out in summer so he’ll just take the easy option. He doesn’t have to worry about ‘hard’ decisions any more.
Canny see him digging his heels in lawwells leaving the culls started lenny knows hes leaving hes only here cause the boards asked him to hold the fort imo (also cause hes a stubborn cunt)its blatantly obvious change is coming unfortunately from boards point of view with all that needs changing they need lenny to stay for now thats wit I think is happening... for us fans unfortunately its always the fans who feel it most wen things are shit we will need to just try get thru this last bit of season as best we can then we start a fresh in summer

Will probably remain so, not the achievement that many in the modern game will achieve with the movement of players and coaches and change at the top in other countries, even those who dominate will struggle to achieve this dominance, the thing I love is the huns, we were not in the game for the nine, well you are still not in the game you died, and if you were in the game, you were in it for the fucking quadruple, how does that feel? and if you give it the pish about rebuilding, then have a look at Celtic this season and think about this, what is coming back next season fully built and ready. 55 does not go into 9 should have stayed in school and maybe you would fully understand math and the nature of businesses who don't pay their debts.

The huns died we were there and we saw it. HH
👍

Members online

Latest posts

Back