Women’s football

Greenghirl

For an old ghirl I feel I should support women playing the beautiful game. We have a women’s team and I think most top flight clubs do now. The women’s World Cup is coming up and aye there are women lines women. But I’m sorry to say it just does nothing for me at all. I’m not denying their skill and I’m not saying they shouldn’t play but I’d rather watch ma microwave dish goin round. I feel guilty as I should be rooting for the wee ghirls but I’ve no interest in it. Is it just me or does anyone else feel similar

When i was wee we would play football in the street or park but there was more emphasis on setting fires, chap doors runaway and rounders.

The girls that played football all the time at that time all grew up butch. No offence btw just an observation.

Its all changed now though since they put money into womens football and girls teams.

Woman's football in the 80s n 90s was an absolute joke, disorganized children games were more enjoyable to watch but it has got a lot better last 20years
The lassie Maria (no oor Maria) from Brazil could match the guys game but she is the exception.
They can run, have skill on the ball, pass n strike now like guys but the thing that isn't there is the touch, the feel of the ball, especially their first touch, it's just not there yet.
Still, I couldn't give a fuck about Scottish men's fitba team, so I really couldn't care less about the wummins!

Disband the SFA

Come On The Sisters.........I'll gladly watch our girls and this is a massive weekend for women's sport.

Jo Konta is in the semis at Roland Garros and then there's our lassies at the World Cup (the World Cup......do we remember that)

It might sound patronising and condescending, but the women have more than earned their right to be considered as proper players.

Some of that shite we have to endure in the SPFL by Hammer Throwers United and Cant Pass Athletic is intolerable. At least the girls are game and enthusiastic. They don't fall down at the first hint of invisible snipers and they mainly play for the love of the game.

Whar's the burdz?

That is the rules, Kelly.........wear your scanties and bounce around for a bit.

Anything else like a ball and a net are optional and just a distraction from the main event.
Surprisingly sexist comments from yourself SP, these women are highly skilled professionals pal, have to say though I'm not a big fan of women's football, I'm more of a women's mud wrestling kinda guy?

I remember a young female player was on Off the Ball, she was saying that people that come to watch women's football should leave sexist thoughts at home and not objectify the players. Tam Cowan asked her who her favourite player was. Without a hint of irony she said, Steven Gerrard, he is gorgeous and sexy. What was that about objectifying players again?

When the team qualified for the World Cup in France, that was the one of the best celebrations I have seen in football. All the lassies were so happy and jumpin about mad, twas good to see.
I saw pundits on the TV talking aboot who the English are hoping to get in the Semis and the final. They think we are there to make up the numbers ( their men's team thought that aboot the Dutch last night too).
We have a great young player in Erin Cuthbert and Kym Little has scored goals wherever she has played. I hope the lassies can get oot the group and into the knockout round, something the men have never done.
I hope it's a great weekend for Scottish football, Steve Clarke tmrw and Shelly Kerr on Sunday.

Given the finances attached to the men's game who knows how much progress the women's game could make. It is like comparing my bogey wi its auld lawnmower engine attached, to a Ferrari. Is there not a story of women's football during the war years getting very healthy crowds only to get sent back to washing the jerseys once the war was over - At the insistance of the old boys clubs that are the FA's. That alone kept the women's game back for years.

Given the finances attached to the men's game who knows how much progress the women's game could make. It is like comparing my bogey wi its auld lawnmower engine attached, to a Ferrari. Is there not a story of women's football during the war years getting very healthy crowds only to get sent back to washing the jerseys once the war was over - At the insistance of the old boys clubs that are the FA's. That alone kept the women's game back for years.
What they should do is get Geena Davis, Lori Petty and Madonna to make a film about it.

Get Tom Hanks to play Jim Farry......naw, forget that. Get Rosie O'Donnell to play Jim Farry and Tom Hanks can be The Bunnet (just get his Sully make-up and a bunnet.......oh, and a googly eye).

What they should do is get Geena Davis, Lori Petty and Madonna to make a film about it.

Get Tom Hanks to play Jim Farry......naw, forget that. Get Rosie O'Donnell to play Jim Farry and Tom Hanks can be The Bunnet (just get his Sully make-up and a bunnet.......oh, and a googly eye).
Fuck sakes SP. Who ur these folk you are talking about. I know Farry and The Bunnet but the last film I watched in earnest was " way out west". I don't hawd wi this new fangled colour malarkey.

Members online

Latest posts

Back