Women’s football

There's always the lounge where they can have a John Panton and lime?

Women in pubs.........what kind of madness is this?
47 years ago when me and the auld fella were still courting.... there’s an old word fer ye.... we went a trip to Andover wi his brother and his lass, now his wife.
We stopped off at a wee village pub on a Sunday afternoon. As we walked in to a pub that was full of men and not a woman in sight, everyone turned roond and stared at us. When the lads went to the bar to order the landlord actually said... “ should your young ladies not be home getting your Sunday lunch ready”..... unbelievable..... but every word true.

47 years ago when me and the auld fella were still courting.... there’s an old word fer ye.... we went a trip to Andover wi his brother and his lass, now his wife.
We stopped off at a wee village pub on a Sunday afternoon. As we walked in to a pub that was full of men and not a woman in sight, everyone turned roond and stared at us. When the lads went to the bar to order the landlord actually said... “ should your young ladies not be home getting your Sunday lunch ready”..... unbelievable..... but every word true.
Hahahahahaha it's a wonder they didn't chase you with pitchforks and torches?

We have a history of burning witches in Dundee (that's true, by the way.......check out Grissel Jaffray) and they would have run you to the stake for such heresy.

For an old ghirl I feel I should support women playing the beautiful game. We have a women’s team and I think most top flight clubs do now. The women’s World Cup is coming up and aye there are women lines women. But I’m sorry to say it just does nothing for me at all. I’m not denying their skill and I’m not saying they shouldn’t play but I’d rather watch ma microwave dish goin round. I feel guilty as I should be rooting for the wee ghirls but I’ve no interest in it. Is it just me or does anyone else feel similar
Fantastic post woman’s football is e
anyway to get the thread back on track

wummins footie :whistle:

:unsure:hmm

its:poop:

but will still hope everyone humps england o_O,well not hump as in :sneaky:,just beat them, ohh ffs :unsure: other team win against them
no I’m extremely happy with hump??

Been tryin te watch the women’s game the night, just to give it a fair chance. France v South Korea. France 3 up. Just find it boring, sorry lassies I know yer doin yer best. Not a physical game not a decent challenge in sight and I’ve switched over now. It hasn’t converted me I’m afraid. I feel guilty mind we’re supposed to be all fer women power. Bugger that

Been tryin te watch the women’s game the night, just to give it a fair chance. France v South Korea. France 3 up. Just find it boring, sorry lassies I know yer doin yer best. Not a physical game not a decent challenge in sight and I’ve switched over now. It hasn’t converted me I’m afraid. I feel guilty mind we’re supposed to be all fer women power. Bugger that

Sorry, GG, I can't agree. Women's football might not be everyone's cup of tea but for a gender who were overlooked when it came to sports, especially footie, I think we're coming along nicely. The women have generations of the game to catch up on which is why they aren't yet as skilled, but give them time.
As for the dearth of physicality, I think that just shows that we aren't daft enough to maim each other and you won't see stupid sevcoesque style diving or cheating.
There have been many football players in my family, women among them.

Sorry, GG, I can't agree. Women's football might not be everyone's cup of tea but for a gender who were overlooked when it came to sports, especially footie, I think we're coming along nicely. The women have generations of the game to catch up on which is why they aren't yet as skilled, but give them time.
As for the dearth of physicality, I think that just shows that we aren't daft enough to maim each other and you won't see stupid sevcoesque style diving or cheating.
There have been many football players in my family, women among them.
You are probably right Shammy it’s mebe my age that still sees women in a more traditional role. It’s the same for me wi women boxers and rugby players. Good luck to them all and I admire their determination but it’s not fer me. Now I’ll stop moaning and get back te ma embroidery..... I think I wis born a few centuries too late eh

You are probably right Shammy it’s mebe my age that still sees women in a more traditional role. It’s the same for me wi women boxers and rugby players. Good luck to them all and I admire their determination but it’s not fer me. Now I’ll stop moaning and get back te ma embroidery..... I think I wis born a few centuries too late eh

It's not just an age thing, GG. Even younger generations are stuck in the mindset that it a ''man's'' game, whatever that means and are petty and narrow minded when they say that women footballers are all butch etc. It's time we women proved we can do anything we want.

What about this for a premise, Shammy

Old fogey island

Send a dozen cratchety old lads and lasses up to some far flung hebridean island and let them battle it out for catheters, stoma bags, and dentures.

Weekly supplies will include wiltshire farm meals and pureed baby food.

I reckon that's a ratings winner.

Back