Your Unsung Celtic Heroes

On the stokes debate....and I dont want to fire up another argument, this is just my opinion.
Neil lennon himself said that he was on the bench thinking about is future as a manager when they were 3-0 down. He also said himself that if they had lost that match he would have probably walked away from celtic as he felt it would have been the right thing to do. If that had happened I doubt he would have ever got the chance to manage us again....he possibly would have managed somewhere else but stokes defo played a part in saving lennons celtic management career.

I remember watching the "Stokes saved Neil "game, when killie went 3 up I was gutted for Neil as I knew in my heart it would be the end for him, I never wanted that to happen and the thought of the hun celebrating his downfall turned my stomach, when we equalised I dont think I've celebrated a league goal as much, mind you Killie missed a sitter about 30 secs later that got me off the ceiling 😂.

So imho Neil somewhere in his biography should give a wee thank you to Tony.

H.H

Apologies for the unnecessary, insulting comment on here last night. It has
Aye watched the game raging like every other fan, but we done it. Been going over to the six counties for a long time so not going down that road mate but Have a good evening. Might catch you in the FELONS for a pint one day.😉✊

Apologies for the unnecessary and insulting comment in reply to this post last night. It has been deleted. Your mention of 'The felons' fuelled my distrust and animosity for all things Belfast and the drink did the rest. All in all not the worst post blooterment cleanup operation but a good reminder why me, alcohol and forums should not mix.

On the stokes debate....and I dont want to fire up another argument, this is just my opinion.
Neil lennon himself said that he was on the bench thinking about is future as a manager when they were 3-0 down. He also said himself that if they had lost that match he would have probably walked away from celtic as he felt it would have been the right thing to do. If that had happened I doubt he would have ever got the chance to manage us again....he possibly would have managed somewhere else but stokes defo played a part in saving lennons celtic management career.
Have to agree with that statement Lubo at 3-0 down it looked like the writing was on the wall he even said it himself
Stokes did help save the game and to an extent helped keep lenny from either walking away or getting the push

Players who maybe weren't with us for too long but really left a mark and you remember as a bit of a star, So no Jinky or Henrik and no Lubo either because he's to obvious, sorry Lubosleftpeg!
I'll kick off with Paul Elliott, loved that guy, great defender and i always felt he gave his absolute all for us, and his middle name is Marcellus, just like Muthafuka's boss! 😹

Billy Stark Mick McCarthy Wheech McGhee Chris Morris We're all present for Centenary season

HH🍀

Apologies for the unnecessary, insulting comment on here last night. It has

Apologies for the unnecessary and insulting comment in reply to this post last night. It has been deleted. Your mention of 'The felons' fuelled my distrust and animosity for all things Belfast and the drink did the rest. All in all not the worst post blooterment cleanup operation but a good reminder why me, alcohol and forums should not mix.
Apology accepted mate.HH ☘☘☘

I had a quick scan this morning to see if I had posted anything moronic last night but by the time I got home last night I couldn't actually see my phone let alone type! Amazingly I managed to medicate the cat, she needs a syringe of special juice in the mouth twice a day, poor wee buggers lucky she didn't get it in the ear! Head still hurts! 🤕

Dariusz Wdowczyk, about the best left back of the time until Tom Boyd came and I remember him scoring a screamer of a free kick against the rotten lot at Celtic Park

Jackie got the publicity and noise and a season ticket for Vickys nightclub but was not half as dependable as the other dariusz
great shout Scribbler,captained Poland as well,great player!

Back