22/23 January Transfer Window.

Fee seems low, £3.6m but I suppose a 28 year old back up striker playing in Scotland isn't going to generate a lot of money. Still £1m+ profit.
That is a crap fee for such an important player. I'm pretty hacked off with this to be honest. Now we have to bring in a replacement, he needs to get match fit, we have to hope he settles and also fits into our system.

Signing him would tick many boxes. Would help fulfil the home grown player rule for UEFA squad next season, been in great form since returning from injury, Celtic supporter and would hopefully improve playing with better players in a more attacking team.
To me Nisbet is a low risk fairly chesp option. But I know many fans are against this type of transfer and he'd be a target for the boo bhoys if he didn't immediately perform like a superstar.

£4 million for Giomakus is beyond a joke. We should be doing everything in our power, to convince both he and Juranovic to stay for the remainder of the season. Really it is not even five months. Then honour the agreement, and wish them the very best with their new club. On Saturday, we seen the very best attributes each bring to us. Attributes not easily replaceable in the run in to a league title, and especially during the January window.

Last edited:
To me Nisbet is a low risk fairly chesp option. But I know many fans are against this type of transfer and he'd be a target for the boo bhoys if he didn't immediately perform like a superstar.
No question about it, I would take Nisbet. I think he would be a useful addition. But I have always been totally convinced of the need for a big, physical, no nonsense, prepared to mix it striker. I think it is a prerequisite in Scottish football.

Kevin Nisbet ....FML 🙈🙈...we would be as well going for Shankland ffs.....neither good enough for us and would certainly not make us better
Would rather have the big guy up front for Livvy and I dont particularly want him... I'd hoped we had passed the he's a Tim stage of signings... Nisbet is bang average but I agree would probably be better in an attack minded team like ours. But we can do better, and if anyone thinks Hibs will sell to us for a couple of mill 😂😂😂😂

That is a crap fee for such an important player. I'm pretty hacked off with this to be honest. Now we have to bring in a replacement, he needs to get match fit, we have to hope he settles and also fits into our system.
Rumours abound about a blatant defiance of ange’s instructions while on the Australia tour, asked to go out oan the toon, was refused permission….but went anyway
If someone has challenged the manager’s authority there can be no way back, needs to be made an example of, no matter how much people think we need him, no player is bigger that the club, this is why he’s off, taking a backward step in his career, for a very modest profit
We’ll get someone else in, probably better

If you just let things go , you end up with arsehole type players like more-or-less, that thinks he can do as he wants….

Rumours abound about a blatant defiance of ange’s instructions while on the Australia tour, asked to go out oan the toon, was refused permission….but went anyway
If someone has challenged the manager’s authority there can be no way back, needs to be made an example of, no matter how much people think we need him, no player is bigger that the club, this is why he’s off, taking a backward step in his career, for a very modest profit

If you just let things go , you end up with arsehole type players like more-or-less, that thinks he can do as he wants….
Didn’t know that mate?if correct then your bang on,time to move on,,trust big ange decisions all day long!!

Regarding Cho, I have no problem with players being honest about their ambitions to play for big money in the EPL.
Most of our signings have the same ambition.
Were I a professional footballer I'd want the same.

Only problem with this is that he simply has to deliver should he sign for us.
If he can do that then he will leave with the blessing and best wishes of Celtic fans.

If hes waiting for a bigger club than Celtic to call on him then good luck with that.

Hopefully not, but If it is the case, then move him on. We don't need this. Had enough of that with Bolongoli. So if we cover our money on him, then in the circumstances, I am happy with that. Also, in my opinion very good management from Ange. Ignore my previous post in the issue.

Last edited:

This is the first I have ever heard of this transgression by Giakoumakis. What an idiot if this is true.

Back