22/23 January Transfer Window.

I find it difficult to believe that Celtic's legal people would not have been involved in negotiations regarding the terms of contract, before they were finally signed off on. Therefore, they would have been aware of the specifics of any release clause. And should have acted in Celtic's interests then. The fee would also have to be approved by the board. Nicholson had a dual role here. Both as the senior legal person who oversaw the terms of the contract and also as a member of the board. Surely he would have acted in one or other of these capacities? Perhaps Mc Kay as CEO over ruled him and the board wanted to be seen to back a new CEO. Or was it a case of, give Mc Kay enough rope? I don't know, but something about it is not right. And the fact Mc Kay was quickly tied into a non disclosure agreement makes me wonder even more. Especially now as the blame game seems to be focusing on him.

Last edited:
I find it difficult to believe that Celtic's legal people would not have been involved in negotiations regarding the terms of contract, before they were finally signed off on. Therefore, they would have been aware of the specifics of any release clause. And should have acted in Celtic's interests then. The fee would also have to be approved by the board. Nicholson had a dual role here. Both as the senior legal person who oversaw the terms of the contract and also as a member of the board. Surely he would have acted in one or other of these capacities? Perhaps Mc Kay as CEO overruled him and the board wanted to be seen to back a new CEO. Or was it a case of give Mc Kay enough rope? I don't know, but something about it is not right. And the fact Mc Kay was quickly tied into a non disclosure agreement makes me wonder even more. Especially now as the blame game seems to be focusing on him.
Wouldn't have happened under big Peters watch 👀🙄👀😳

I was told (by someone who has connections at a good level within Celtic Park) that McKay was let go because he was trying to implement a Director of Football to oversee the operations side of the business but Ange came in and was strongly opposed to this model. There was a major disagreement about the way forward and the board backed Ange.

I would say that I thought one of the things McKay was brought in do was set-up this structure so maybe there were other aspects of how he worked that clashed with the board (pure speculation on my part)? Also, you would not have just the one person conducting the negotiations and signing off on a contract (especially if he was not so experienced in football players contracts) so at least one of our experienced corporate lawyers would have been going through the contract with a fine tooth comb to ensure there were no pitfalls like an unacceptably low sell-on clause written into the terms and conditions.

As is standard for someone at this level a non-disclosure agreement was signed so us plebs will probably never know the true story until it leaks out in a few years time.

Wouldn't have happened under big Peters watch 👀🙄👀😳
Definitely not 50. But isn't it strange, that the suggestion of Desmond being furious with Bankier and Mc Kay, and coincidentally both vacating Celtic Park soon afterwards, opened the door for the return of the 'temporarily optically challenged one' to a top role within the club. Where he can rely on the support of his protege, now in the powerful key CEO position. Are they not all extremely fortuitous or what? Also who better to protect Dermot's interests. Everybody wins except the fall guy. I love a conspiracy theory. 🧐 👀🔍 🤫

Last edited:
Definitely not 50. But isn't it strange, that the suggestion of Desmond being furious with Bankier and Mc Kay, and coincidentally both vacating Celtic Park soon afterwards, opened the door for the return of the 'temporarily optically challenged one' to a top role within the club. Where he can rely on the support of his protege, now also in a key executive position within the club. Are they not all extremely fortuitous or what? Also who better to protect Dermot's interests. I love a conspiracy theory. 🧐 👀🔍 🤫
Wont be long till Bankier and Mckay get done for bombing Peters Hoose 😱.

Conspiracysrus. Csc

It says something about how far we have come as a club under Ange, that we can accept losing players of the quality of Juranovic and Giamakous without a major meltdown. Disappointment, yes. Despair, no. Confidence in his new signings, hugely. Moving forward, definitely.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back