22/23 January Transfer Window.

Warning to Potential Asian / Hong Kong investors. Please note that this is the typical mindset you would be dealing with, should you get involved with this rancid carcass. 😇

The hun bloggers have done their research and released a statement......

"Ave dun sum pure ded brullant research and Ave fund oot thut the mega rich bullionair Hong Kong guys ur defo gonnae invest in the mighty Ranjirs cos them feniuns have signed loads oh them Chinaknees players and Hong kongians hate the chinaknees....an I think the uthoritties shud be getting involved soon cos Ave got it under gud authorittittie thut it's ulleagle to smuggle people oot oh correa!!! Kimberley John Oon shud be contacting that wee feniun cow Sturgon any day aboot it!!! And if she dus nuttin aboot it then us fanz shud gut the bedsheets oot and protest in Georgeez square!!!

(Proof read by Kris Boyd and the Daily Record)

Feel sorry for Moritz Jenz. The lad did not let us down at all. Just the realities of modern day football. Wishing him all the best in his future career.
I would have kept Jenz until the summer then make a decision on whether we should sign him permanently. We need 4 CBs, CCV, Starfelt, Kobayashi and Jenz. That would allow Welsh to go out on loan (or permanently) and still have enough cover. Also allows Lawal to go out on loan to play regular football.
Jenz overall was good for us, a few errors but nothing major. He's only 23 so his best years are ahead of him, he settled at the club, got lots of gametime when Starfelt was injured and didn't look out of place in how we play. Not as good as CCV obviously but not that much of a downgrade on Starfelt, with time on his side.
Hope he does well and gets regular football back at Lorient

I would have kept Jenz until the summer then make a decision on whether we should sign him permanently. We need 4 CBs, CCV, Starfelt, Kobayashi and Jenz. That would allow Welsh to go out on loan (or permanently) and still have enough cover. Also allows Lawal to go out on loan to play regular football.
Jenz overall was good for us, a few errors but nothing major. He's only 23 so his best years are ahead of him, he settled at the club, got lots of gametime when Starfelt was injured and didn't look out of place in how we play. Not as good as CCV obviously but not that much of a downgrade on Starfelt, with time on his side.
Agree totally. For me, he is a better overall defender than Welch.

I think that was the idea, to keep him until the summer but hes chosen not to wait in reserve until that time.

I dont blame him for that, he will feel ( rightly so) that hes done enough for matchday squad selection.

Hes not getting that and at 23yrs old no-one can blame him if hes getting options to play elsewhere.

A good servant who has bought into Celtic in a big way.
I wish him all the best on the next stage of his career.

A more natural footballer than Starfelt.

I must admit I do have a slight reservation about Oh - he looks like a really hard worker but is he a lethal goalscorer? I certainly hope so, and he does the business for us, but for some reason I have a nagging feeling (what do I know though, Ange and our recruitment team know a lot more than us lot).

I'm assuming now Oh has signed that GG will now leave? In my opinion that would leave us short up front. We would have Kyogo and Oh as a main striker (with Maeda as back-up, I suppose). Bearing in mind we always seem to substitute the starter after 60 minutes then we need a minimum of two strikers for each game.

But if any of them suffer an injury again (as both Kyogo and GG did for large parts of last season), due to hammer throwers targeting them or just accidents or over-straining themselves, then that leaves us exposed IMO. So if GG does indeed leave then I would still like to have another dedicated striker available, preferably one with a physical presence who can mix things up with the CBs in the SPFL just to give us an alternative plan.

I'm also hoping Rocco Vata will see more game time over the next year as Ange breaks him into the first team as well as he (hopefully) develops into a great player for us.

It would be difficult to keep three main strikers happy and at the same time giving Vata more game time
I would disagree - most clubs maintain 3 or 4 strikers in their squads. We play at least 2 in every single game (although we did finish the sevco game playing both Kyogo and GG up front which did lead to a very successful outcome for us).

Having a third (plus Vata for occasional appearances) will cover us for the large number of matches we play, injuries to these lightweight players which are almost inevitable due to our very high tempo style against overly-aggressive hammer throwers, and also just for when players simply have a drop-off in form. Being allowed 5 subs in each game also makes it easier to give more players game time.

In the end it doesn't matter what I think - it is what Ange thinks that matters.

I must admit I do have a slight reservation about Oh - he looks like a really hard worker but is he a lethal goalscorer? I certainly hope so, and he does the business for us, but for some reason I have a nagging feeling (what do I know though, Ange and our recruitment team know a lot more than us lot).

I'm assuming now Oh has signed that GG will now leave? In my opinion that would leave us short up front. We would have Kyogo and Oh as a main striker (with Maeda as back-up, I suppose). Bearing in mind we always seem to substitute the starter after 60 minutes then we need a minimum of two strikers for each game.

But if any of them suffer an injury again (as both Kyogo and GG did for large parts of last season), due to hammer throwers targeting them or just accidents or over-straining themselves, then that leaves us exposed IMO. So if GG does indeed leave then I would still like to have another dedicated striker available, preferably one with a physical presence who can mix things up with the CBs in the SPFL just to give us an alternative plan.

I'm also hoping Rocco Vata will see more game time over the next year as Ange breaks him into the first team as well as he (hopefully) develops into a great player for us.
Spot on Bridie: while I get the same buzz as everybody else when we sign a player, I'm long enough in the tooth to know they come with a degree of gamble.
Big difference this time though, isn't there ? The man in charge isn't really bothered about the ' blue chip' signings.
I think it could be argued that most, if not all, of our signings could be classed as works in progress. I feel most of them, exceptional as they are, have scope to reach a much higher level.
I also think this actually drives Ange as much as anything else.
I'm just so very grateful to be witnessing what could turn out to be another glorious chapter in our history.

Members online

Latest posts

Back