22/23 January Transfer Window.

Agree about another striker being needed, but Daizen is more than capable of helping out if injury strikes, and I would like to see Joey Dawson on the bench until a third striker arrives, plus Joey fits in with the UEFA squad criteria for homegrown talent and should keep the human traffic polis at bay. 🤣🤣🤣
Daizen is our 3rd striker. A striker who played at, and scored, at the World Cup. We're not signing another striker other than a teenage prospect. Dawson, or more likely Adam Brooks who seems to play ahead of Dawson for the B team, would be our 4th choice.

Think the more forwards we have the better I’m sure Ange has explained how he plays his teams,the concern is who we play against it appears that any Celtic player that cross the halfway line is fair or should I say unfair game when you read in thier media that they are trying to sign a player referred to as a Beast on the pitch says it all, we have all seen how some teams have gone about stoping Celtic can’t see that changeing in the the rest of the season our squad will be needed more and more in the run in

I notice that it's not taken long for the MSM to jump on the Oh deal, and the imminent outgoing of Giakoumakis on top of Juranovic, surprisingly notably Chris Sutton, saying this makes us weaker, and he's not the only one saying this.

Both are/were good servants yet neither guaranteed a starting place for us.
So we have the MSM lining up to tell us that we are weaker without our bit part players ( no disrespect to GG or JJ but that's what they've been).
I'd be far more concerned if we were letting Kyogo go.

I dont have any reservations about Oh coming in , largely because of Ange's incredible eye for a player.

Oh, like Giakoumakis looks like a big lump of a bhoy who is going to be a handful for Scottish defenders.
Giakoumakis is wanted here, just not for the money he reckons he should be on.

I understand that Oh's goalscoring numbers arent as high as Giakoumakis upon arrival at Celtic but I'd doubt that Suwon Bluewings have been supplying Oh with the amount of opportunities that he will get for Celtic, a side that regularly creates 30 plus attempts at goal in a game.

I'd have thought that the MSM would know better by now than to second guess what Ange is doing.
Everytime they have they've been proven wrong each time and I see no reason for this to change.

I see it as short sighted, sensationalist,
' journalism ' and it overlooks our other very good signings as well.
Only the SMSM would have Celtic as ' weakened ' by this , no thought of the Japanese player of the year joining , no thought given to the great starts to life at paradise for the likes of Johnston, Kobayashi and Iwata.

Losing Juranovic has been covered by Johnston who's settling in very well but JJ wasnt the player for us that we saw at the world cup.
I dont recall such a big deal being made over Celtic selling players who are not guaranteed a start in the past.
This is all on the back of JJs bronze medal performances in Qatar.

I look forward to seeing Ange and Oh prove everyone wrong yet again just as he did with Maeda , Kyogo, Mooy, Abada etc etc.

It's not ideal losing Giakoumakis at this point in the season but I'm utterly convinced that we will be just fine without having him as our second striker.

In Ange we trust 🍀

I notice that it's not taken long for the MSM to jump on the Oh deal, and the imminent outgoing of Giakoumakis on top of Juranovic, surprisingly notably Chris Sutton, saying this makes us weaker, and he's not the only one saying this.

Both are/were good servants yet neither guaranteed a starting place for us.
So we have the MSM lining up to tell us that we are weaker without our bit part players ( no disrespect to GG or JJ but that's what they've been).
I'd be far more concerned if we were letting Kyogo go.

I dont have any reservations about Oh coming in , largely because of Ange's incredible eye for a player.

Oh, like Giakoumakis looks like a big lump of a bhoy who is going to be a handful for Scottish defenders.
Giakoumakis is wanted here, just not for the money he reckons he should be on.

I understand that Oh's goalscoring numbers arent as high as Giakoumakis upon arrival at Celtic but I'd doubt that Suwon Bluewings have been supplying Oh with the amount of opportunities that he will get for Celtic, a side that regularly creates 30 plus attempts at goal in a game.

I'd have thought that the MSM would know better by now than to second guess what Ange is doing.
Everytime they have they've been proven wrong each time and I see no reason for this to change.

I see it as short sighted, sensationalist,
' journalism ' and it overlooks our other very good signings as well.
Only the SMSM would have Celtic as ' weakened ' by this , no thought of the Japanese player of the year joining , no thought given to the great starts to life at paradise for the likes of Johnston, Kobayashi and Iwata.

Losing Juranovic has been covered by Johnston who's settling in very well but JJ wasnt the player for us that we saw at the world cup.
I dont recall such a big deal being made over Celtic selling players who are not guaranteed a start in the past.
This is all on the back of JJs bronze medal performances in Qatar.

I look forward to seeing Ange and Oh prove everyone wrong yet again just as he did with Maeda , Kyogo, Mooy, Abada etc etc.

It's not ideal losing Giakoumakis at this point in the season but I'm utterly convinced that we will be just fine without having him as our second striker.

In Ange we trust 🍀
Perfectly summed up mate.

It is being reported that Giakoumakis may go out on loan to Atalanta United with a clause to make it permanent if specified criteria are met. IF this is true then I think we are getting a poor deal and taking all the liability here.

Aye, don't like the look or sounds of this deal at all.
Giakoumakis is an international striker, last season's SPL top striker, Hollands before that what more must he prove?

Atlanta are getting a deal as it is , Celtic hold the cards here and should sell to Japan if they're not keen on the great deal on offer.

There's no guarantee that Oh pushes GG down the pecking order either.

GG was league top scorer the last 2 seasons albeit last season saw him as the main striker while Kyogo was injured. But he's not the main striker when Kyogo is healthy and it's understandable he wants to be somewhere he's first choice.

I know GG was an amazing scorer the last few seasons, he is 28 (I think) he feels he has to be no.1 he knows this industry he works in is not until you retire, loan is good as hopefully we have the cancel clause if (god forbid) we have another covid outbreak from the water supply in "Milngavie" now if perchance 1 of the super leagues snatch a few of our outstanding players 😉 then he could be no.7 returns to paradise.

What we all need to remember is if a player signs a 5 years contract its only in the first 3 we can sell them on and make any profit. Once a player is in the last 2 and a half years of his contract he will be looking either to get away cheaply or running down his contract and walking for nothing, I.E like Boyata did.

Can’t see Celtic being on the wrong side of a deal, they have been around long enough to know what’s what that’s why we are in the position we are, American teams teams might have the power to throw money about and demand deals to suit them in thier own country but the same won’t work elsewhere it might be the deal they want but can’t see them getting it they ues the media and other outlets to push thier way through a deal don’t think Celtic will fall for that tactic

What we all need to remember is if a player signs a 5 years contract its only in the first 3 we can sell them on and make any profit. Once a player is in the last 2 and a half years of his contract he will be looking either to get away cheaply or running down his contract and walking for nothing, I.E like Boyata did.
Not sure I agree with this as it wasn't that long ago we got nearly £30M for Eddie and Ajer who where both in their last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back