22/23 January Transfer Window.

Looks like striker is now a priority in this window. South Korean Cho Gee-Song appears to be top choice but also seen Slovakian Ladislav Almasi and now Tengstedt as possibles.
I think Giakoumakis will be gone as soon as a replacement is signed.
We could also do with a young up and coming striker (18-20 y.o.) who can be a 3rd striker and get some games from the bench. Like Edouard when he first signed, we had Dembele and Griffiths but Eddy was number one choice within a year when Moussa left.
Yes I agree with that and I'm surprised it's not been the case for a while.
I'd prefer our 3rd choice striker to come from the academy or B side ( confess to not knowing a great deal of who in our B team might step up) but we have to start giving these bhoys more chances or we will lose them like we have been recently to the big group/consortium clubs.

These consortium clubs have changed tack and no longer only sign first team players but emerging talent as well and we've seen a lot of exits to the biggest of these type of clubs for development fees.

PL might be happy with receiving £600k for the likes of Doak but its ripping ourselves off and hes made his debut at liverpool now ( youngest ever player or youngest ever liverpool player to play in EPL I think) just recently.

For the first time I can remember, I'll be ragin' if we DON'T sell a player.

JJ has to go in January for as much as we can get. 27 years old, bought for 2.5 mill, suddenly announces himself to the broader world of superclubs with an outstanding world cup, shutting down Vinicius Junior, papping the favourites out in their big showpiece knockout game with a shocked globe of billions watching; highlighted as MOTM, maybe only second in world ratings to Hakimi of Morocco and PSG.

So after seeing that, every high-heid-yin in the mega clubs is asking of their recruitment, "Why's he not on our books?".

So cash in. Make them pay 4 or 5 times his true worth. The World Cup just put ludicrously expensive new rims on our speedy wee sports car of a right back, and some collector's going to come calling, whose wealth means nothing to them, but the sale of this JJ can finance another 5 JJ purchases for us.

Mental if we don't fleece some superclub mugs for near 20 million bucks. Then Ange can go January and Summer sale-daft across Asia.
It's the depressing state of football and our place in it that's unbeffiting a club our size that makes me agree with all you posted there Sandman.

That a club like Celtic's fans , that's seen their club compete in finals top 5 divisions clubs can only dream of, Champions of Europe and competed 2 other UEFA European finals are consigned to expecting our best players to leave is a disgrace to how huge clubs like ours arent properly paid depending on location and expect to lose best players makes the blood boil 😡

First thing Tuesday morning, Lawwell better be phoning round fat EPL chairmen:

"You see the derby yesterday? Never mind, you missed nothing. Look, I'll do you a Juranovic right now, 15 million, no questions asked, get him boxed and in a taxi by noon. Deal?"

Members online

Latest posts

Back