22/23 January Transfer Window.

Quite a few reports this morning saying that Serie A side Monza have offered to take Juranovic on loan with an obligation to buy in the summer for £6.2m.
Hopefully a short reply ending on 'off' from Nicholson.
£15m minimum (unless we agreed to a release clause fee when he signed)

Quite a few reports this morning saying that Serie A side Monza have offered to take Juranovic on loan with an obligation to buy in the summer for £6.2m.

Pure speculation but if he was to go on that sort of deal then there must be something we don’t know.

He played poorly against rangers but prior to that he was stable and had a good World Cup.

Gonna be hard predicting the Celtic team in the coming months if everyone stays or gets fit...

At least 3 newbies plus one or two others getting up to full fitness..

Big Joe... Then...

Out of the backs imho only CCV guaranteed to start and perhaps Taylor.

In the middle Only Calmac for me the other places could go to any off, Hatate O'Riely Turnbull Mooy plus a few others..

Up front any 3 from 7 😱😱😱😁

Good luck folks getting the team right in the coming months... Although I suppose as long as Ange gets it right we will awe be happy. 😂
Ach, it's never a problem tae me if I make an erse of my team selection. Just so long as Ange disnae follow suit.
Nice problem to have though 50.

As most of you know I don't really get involved in the speculation chat generally but these low ball numbers for JJ are getting on my wick!

He was semi-final right back at the world cup a month ago and the other starters for France, Morocco and Argentine are valued at the following:

Kounde £45M+
Hakimi £40M+
And cheapo Molina £30M+

No way JJ goes for any less than £15M+

As most of you know I don't really get involved in the speculation chat generally but these low ball numbers for JJ are getting on my wick!

He was semi-final right back at the world cup a month ago and the other starters for France, Morocco and Argentine are valued at the following:

Kounde £45M+
Hakimi £40M+
And cheapo Molina £30M+

No way JJ goes for any less than £15M+
He was named as 'the RB of the tournament' in the world cup team of the tournament, ahead of Hakimi as well TTQtKK.

His age will play a part in the value of his transfer fee and any possible resale value I'd guess.

Seen in sky sports news this morning that Shakhtar are playing hardball over the Mudryk sale to Arsenal/Chelsea.
If Arsenal want him now its £88 million and nothing less.
This for a player not at the world cup

We wont get true value on JJ ( just as we didnt pay true value, could be argued).

Until Celtic are prepared to play hardball over our players we wont get close to proper or true value for our players and I wonder what his true value would be even if, say it was Sporting Lisbon who were selling him.
I'd bet we'd be talking around the £50-£60 million mark.

Last edited:
For me, a major problem getting a decent valuation for Scottish players is the role of the SFA and SPFL. Their appalling administration, indeed mal administration of the league contributes to its perception as a backwater. Yet Scottish footballers who have moved to the premier league for a pittance, have more than held their own, both within their new clubs and against opposition clubs, while competing with players from so called better leagues, costing enormously more than them. Also the new trend of top clubs from other leagues 'poaching' the cream of up and coming young Scottish players, indicates that the player potential is there. What have the Scottish administrators proactively done to help Scottish clubs negate the problem ? Nothing that I can see. They are completely useless. The clubs are not blameless either. They are prepared to accept and tolerate this mediocrity. Scottish clubs need to force a root and branch overhaul of Scottish football, and finally rid themselves of these inept governing bodies. Time for these dinosaurs to go. Followed by cleaning out the dross from their own boards.

Last edited:
For me, a major problem getting a decent valuation for Scottish players is the role of the SFA and SPFL. Their appalling administration, indeed misadministration of the league contributes to its perception as a backwater. Yet Scottish footballers who have moved to the premier league for a pittance, have more than held their own, both within their new clubs and against opposition clubs, while competing with players from so called better leagues, who cost enormously more than them. Also the new trend of top clubs from other leagues 'poaching' the cream of up and coming young Scottish players, indicates that the player potential is there. What have the Scottish administrators proactively done to help Scottish clubs negate the problem ? Nothing that I can see. They are completely useless. The clubs are not blameless either. They are prepared to accept and tolerate this mediocrity. Scottish clubs need to force a root and branch overhaul of Scottish football, and finally rid themselves of these inept governing bodies. Time for these dinosaurs to go. Followed by cleaning out the dross from their own boards.
Well put POD and bang on, I dont get it why sevco are the only ones who are prepared to take Donkycaster and co to task over their " mis-administration" of the game here.

Celtic just brought in equivalent of multiple title winning seasons worth of cash for 2 friendlies in Australia against , respectfully, no-one in Sydney and Everton.
When the last time Everton did anything?
Theres sleeping giants, giants and just sleeping clubs , Everton fall into the latter category for me.

Celtic, building upon the large supporter base we already have in Japan and Korea should make those two nations our next mini tour location.

5 or 6 japanese players and possibly a south Korean would guarantee huge interest and possible investment we could only dream of at home

I get all this world cup right back stuff.
But I have said since day one on here I wasn't a big fan of Josip.
Of course I see his pedigree and in certain scenarios he looks good quality.
For me he doesn't show the reliability you want from a right back defender.
Some would say he is an exciting right full back who attacks the opposition...at times I would agree but unfortunately for me he has been found wanting in defending on too many occasions and in big moments.
Just my opinion of course but reality for me is a £10m bid is more likely for a player played a decent world cup no more than that for me.

I get all this world cup right back stuff.
But I have said since day one on here I wasn't a big fan of Josip.
Of course I see his pedigree and in certain scenarios he looks good quality.
For me he doesn't show the reliability you want from a right back defender.
Some would say he is an exciting right full back who attacks the opposition...at times I would agree but unfortunately for me he has been found wanting in defending on too many occasions and in big moments.
Just my opinion of course but reality for me is a £10m bid is more likely for a player played a decent world cup no more than that for me.
I respect your opinion Mag7 but I'll mostly disagree. I think Juranovic is a very decent player. I thought his strengths lay in attacking and he could sometimes be weaker in defending, but his World Cup performances were mostly excellent - especially when defending.

I suspect us fans will be disappointed in the transfer fee if he does go, and it will just be in the region €10m-€15m only.

Johnston and Ralston are excellent options if he does go.

I respect your opinion Mag7 but I'll mostly disagree. I think Juranovic is a very decent player. I thought his strengths lay in attacking and he could sometimes be weaker in defending, but his World Cup performances were mostly excellent - especially when defending.

I suspect us fans will be disappointed in the transfer fee if he does go, and it will just be in the region €10m-€15m only.

Johnston and Ralston are excellent options if he does go.
As things stand BB it looks like Jura will be going for less than £10mil. I'll go against the majority on here and say that sounds more accurate to me.
What I will say is it already feels like he is gone and I can't say he will be a massive loss.
There is an argument that losing Giakoumakis is more of a concern. Top goalscorer last season with 24 goals and a physical option we are short on.
Are we replacing him with better quality in Cho if reports are true? Time will tell.
Incidently the sooner this speculation on both is completed the better as it just creates that unsettlement in the squad.
Simply looks like it's about more money for both as leaving a club like Celtic to go to either Monza or Urawa Red Diamonds strikes me as regression from a footballing point of view. All be it GG will be going to be the number one striker.

Get both gone as soon as possible as this is now dragging on and can only lead to disruption.

Members online

Back