22/23 January Transfer Window.

Does anybody else feel there is something awry with this Cho transfer? Under Ange our business has been done quietly and speedily. This seems to have dragged on in public, forever. Okay, other clubs are interested. Then it looked like us only. Now 'that other team over there' reported to be upping the ante to bring off a coup. For me something does not add up about it all. Is it poor or mischevious reporting? Are we being played by Cho and his agent? His club? Is the 'sightless' one meddling again? Are we now not really interested in him ? I don't know, but something does not feel right to me on this one. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Does anybody else feel there is something awry with this Cho transfer? Under Ange our business has been done quietly and speedily. This seems to have dragged on forever. Okay other clubs are interested. Then it looked like us only. Now 'that other team over there' reported to be upping the ante. For me something does not add up about it all. Is it poor or mischevious reporting? Are we being played by Cho and his agent? His club? Is the 'sightless' one meddling again? Are we not really interested in him ? I don't know, but something does not feel right to me on this one. Thoughts?
Has all the hallmarks of an agent hawking his player around as many clubs as possible to generate interest and increase his personal demands.
I can think of 3 million reasons why the interest from Govan is unlikely. Unless they are issuing worthless bits of paper again.

In response to the Celtic star article about Juranovic, I'd say he has a release clause in his contract much like he did at Legia Warsaw hence why we got him so cheap.... Also, Celtic seem to sign them on low wages nowadays with a view to a review after a period and I'm of the view that Juranovic and Giakamakis agents are asking for a bit above what they could get elsewhere.....

**Edit - just read comments on previous page ..must keep up 🙈🙈🙈🤣🤣**

If Ange really wants wants Cho, then get it done now. If he or his agent is dallying about it, then forget about him and move on. Set down a marker for uncommited time wasters. We had enough of that over the years.
Read last week the Cho deal was dead and Tengstedt was the target instead.
What's happened since seems to be the move to Mainz has fallen through and its possibly back on but who knows?

See sevco are up to thier old tricks by putting it out that they are bidding for a player that Celtic are after nothing new with this tactic anything to keep the mob happy every transfer window they roll out the same old tale,personally I don’t pay any attention to media speculation with who is going and for how much they got,pick up a old paper from 10/12 years ago same story but has grown a beard, they have a empty pocket but are going to buy players with what more pipe dreams said it before nobody with any sense would go near them at preasent paying high wages to players they can’t sell thier whole set up built on farce

Last edited:
I’ve not got any worries about the Cho transfer.

We had made a good bid, whatever happens after that happens. Ange will have back up targets if not - look at before O’Riley came, we were all set to sign someone else before they chose a different club.

No movement on an actual transfer and would be a harder deal to go but comments from Rosenberg striker Casper Tengstedt

"Celtic is a fine club. But I don’t want to say more. Of course, I have read all the speculation. And I have to say it is exciting getting."

View attachment 21532
Looks a better fit for us than Cho. 15 goals in 14 games for Rosenborg, U21 international teammate of Matt O'Riley. Looks more to his game than just goals as well.

Looks a better fit for us than Cho. 15 goals in 14 games for Rosenborg, U21 international teammate of Matt O'Riley. Looks more to his game than just goals as well.

Not going to pretend I know anything about him but what I’ve read seems to agree with you - problem is, I think Rosenborg openly said they don’t want to sell so any deal would likely be much higher than the quoted 3m for Cho currently

I see an American club has an offer in for Cho. If he even considers it then he should not be for us.
The whole Cho transfer saga seems to me to be a club trying to squeeze as much of a transfer fee as they can get (rightly so) and an agent trying to hawk his player around as many clubs as he can get interested (up to them). I would say neither club nor player are in a hurry to move and are happy to sit through the whole of the month before deciding. He started pre season training in Korea yesterday so is probably 3-4 weeks away from being ready to play anyway.
If we have other striker targets/options we should be pursuing them, whether that be Tengstedt at Rosenberg or Almasi at Bank Ostrava who has also been linked we should progress and get a signing in asap. This allows Giakoumakis to make his move away.

Back