22/23 January Transfer Window.

Regardless of all the usual transfer lies and more lies from a media who know next to nothing about Celtic transfers most of it is made up and desperation for clickbait hits.
One thing is for sure if GG goes which looks more than likely we will definitely get a striker in.
No deal will be done until we sell so we are still in control. Hopefully we have plenty of options still in the Ange book of surprises.
At this stage I prefer to think that both Ange and Nicolson are a step ahead without any Lawell interference.

I would add HATATE to that list and Jota as well and Abada is close to that list. These are some of the best players I have seen at Celtic in a long time.
Imagine when we were fawning over the likes of french Eddy and ntcham.
Agree with you there Vigobhoy and Maeda would be a huge loss as well should he choose to go to Southampton.

Many of us, in particular would ask why move to the club at the bottom of the EPL but the cash on offer is preposterous and I couldnt blame him for leaving for life changing money, however hes a little younger than JJ and should command a higher transfer fee.

Fact is , unchanged, we are still a feeder club to smaller clubs with more money

If, as seems very likely, Giakoumakis leaves us this window, then I hope his replacement is ready to play for us from arrival. Having to wait a few weeks for a new player to get up to speed is not a good idea with only Kyogo as an out and out striker (Maeda & Abada can play centre forward but have different styles).

Personally I would prefer Tengstedt but no matter who we get will get my support.

No movement on an actual transfer and would be a harder deal to go but comments from Rosenberg striker Casper Tengstedt

"Celtic is a fine club. But I don’t want to say more. Of course, I have read all the speculation. And I have to say it is exciting getting."

View attachment 21532

Apparently Benfica have big 8m for Tengstedt so it’s very unlikely we will make a move - especially since Kyogo seems the favoured number 1 striker.

Latest on the Cho bid:
  • Celtic, Mainz & Minnesota have all bid for the player.
  • Mainz bid is lower than Celtics & is unlikely to move (However, not rejected)
  • Cho wants European football so Minnesota seems unlikely.
  • Celtics offer seemingly 2.7m with a sell on clause of 50% up to the value of £5.3m
Reports suggest that we are still in the strongest position, however, I would think with the money involved we may be looking at a real challenge to that first team spot for Kyogo.

Also, he's going to have to really impress if we continue the method we always have of selling on, as we won't make too much otherwise.

There is no way we should be letting any of these first teamers away on a loan-to-buy deal. They have a high value just now but if they fail in the lian then return to us with much reduced value and also it is clear they have no future with us. They are important players with an excellent track record for us and still under long contracts - we hold all the aces and should be selling at a premuim price, otherwise they stay and play for us.

Back