A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Very sad news by deepest condolences to you and your family .
My old mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer three weeks ago and now has weeks left.
Again deepest condolences
So sad my friend. These msgs we are sharing, to people we dont even know, is proof there is a good side to the internet. A bunch of strangers can share a common humanity in the face of personal loss.
There are no teams in the afterlife.
I should correct that,..there is only one team in the afterlife.. well i dont know, but ...

Last edited:
My old mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer three weeks ago and now has weeks left.
Very tough times for you Marky the sadness of knowing you are gonna lose your mum is painful. I know only too well myself what that feels like as do many on here.
Thoughts are with you and your family YNWA 💚

my mum had diabetes and it was pancreas cancer too. she was given weeks a year and half ago, hopefully you get a lot longer than weeks with mum too. prayers for your mum :(

If you need a bit of support Tet reach out bud, im sure I'm not the only member of the gang more than willing to be a shoulder for you just now.
im actually ok atm. better than i expected. sad and know ill miss her but the pain wasnt gonna get better and it had spread so tbh im quite thankful her ordeal over. She got lot longer than we all expected and at least we all got to say goodbye and most of the period she was ill she was still active till recently.

came to terms with it last year. i know it will be bad later when ive no seen her for ages but if im honest im coping better than i might have expected.

other day when doctor said it was imminent in hospital and priest was called for last rites. she hadnt been awake for 10 days almost and wasnt responding to chat or anyone voice. priest said a wee prayer and done the thing then said Cathy im going to say a decade of rosary and when he said father son holy ghost she did sign of cross. so i guess she was still aware even though it looked like she was out the game completely .

maybe that helped me too. dunno.

im actually ok atm. better than i expected. sad and know ill miss her but the pain wasnt gonna get better and it had spread so tbh im quite thankful her ordeal over. She got lot longer than we all expected and at least we all got to say goodbye and most of the period she was ill she was still active till recently.

came to terms with it last year. i know it will be bad later when ive no seen her for ages but if im honest im coping better than i might have expected.

other day when doctor said it was imminent in hospital and priest was called for last rites. she hadnt been awake for 10 days almost and wasnt responding to chat or anyone voice. priest said a wee prayer and done the thing then said Cathy im going to say a decade of rosary and when he said father son holy ghost she did sign of cross. so i guess she was still aware even though it looked like she was out the game completely .

maybe that helped me too. dunno.
That is a nice way to close matters. Your Mum was not suffering but was still aware of her surroundings. Take care, pal. May your Mother rest in peace.

O mate thats horrible, I can only hope that you somehow get the strength to get through these next few weeks and be as strong for your mum now as she no doubt has been for you in the past.

Take care of yourself and if you need to rant or chat to anyone pm me for a chat anytime.

FFS - how amateurish are some of the clubs near the top of the SPFL? Livingston have marked up their pitch and the lines are too thick and fail to meet the specifications as stipulated in the laws of the game!

Also, they are using that artificial pitch that must be watered before use so it plays properly but they haven't done this today (as they do against us), which should be clamped down on by the authorities running/ruining our national sport. Surely you should only be allowed to use these shite pitches if you use them correctly? No wonder so many matches are terrible to watch when clubs are allowed to pull stunts like this.

Anyway, any predictions for the "penalty to sevco" bingo? I'm going for an early nerve-settler and predicting 23rd minute.

Condolences on this sad news marky I despair at this horrible disease and wish you and yours the very best mate.
If our governments were not so hell bent on spending millions £1 billion for arms and aid to ukraine and weapons and spent that amount on trying to find a cure for it we'd be in a better place 🙏🏻

FFS - how amateurish are some of the clubs near the top of the SPFL? Livingston have marked up their pitch and the lines are too thick and fail to meet the specifications as stipulated in the laws of the game!

Also, they are using that artificial pitch that must be watered before use so it plays properly but they haven't done this today (as they do against us), which should be clamped down on by the authorities running/ruining our national sport. Surely you should only be allowed to use these shite pitches if you use them correctly? No wonder so many matches are terrible to watch when clubs are allowed to pull stunts like this.

Anyway, any predictions for the "penalty to sevco" bingo? I'm going for an early nerve-settler and predicting 23rd minute.
These pitches are a joke and livi probably thought that they could get away with making that excuse for a pitch narrower.
Shouldnt be allowed in top flight football.
Livi could easily play on grass at many nearby stadia and should be made to .

Back