A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Tommorow will be the first time United have been spoke about on Radio Clyde in depth, so they can mention the Glactico flag carriers before Tuesday comes around.

Jesus United have apparently won just 5 ties in Europe since they got to the Uefa Final!
The strength and depth of Scottish football is...what's the word....pish!
I thought it might have been a big ask for Dundee United over the course of the tie to qualify but after last week, gave themselves an outside chance all the same.
Watching St pat's against cska Sofia and even though they might lack that quality within the final third, showing plenty of character and unlucky with the few decent chances created. Still level in the tie and certainly doing Irish football proud at present

Jesus United have apparently won just 5 ties in Europe since they got to the Uefa Final!
The strength and depth of Scottish football is...what's the word....pish!
I watched a tv program on bbc shortbread the other night about the 1987 run to the final, Celtic, rangers Aberdeen and dundee united, regularly done well in European football, then one thing changed in April 1986……..sourness arrived, and killed Scottish football stone dead, all of a sudden homegrown players weren’t good enough, everyone had to buy mediocre foreign players…..

Scottish football has never recovered………

I watched a tv program on bbc shortbread the other night about the 1987 run to the final, Celtic, rangers Aberdeen and dundee united, regularly done well in European football, then one thing changed in April 1986……..sourness arrived, and killed Scottish football stone dead, all of a sudden homegrown players weren’t good enough, everyone had to buy mediocre foreign players…..

Scottish football has never recovered………
Totally agree on that, but from what I remember about the 80s (and I've probably forgotten a lot!) Aberdeen and United were hard to beat, it wasn't all silky expressive football, it was disciplined, well drilled hard defending that gave them opportunities, then they took their chances up front when they arose. Now, I feel Scottish clubs have forgotten how to defend and I include ourselves in that. The thing that worries me about us in the CL is defending against teams that are better than us. I think we have some good defenders but are they well drilled enough in back to the wall defending? I have my doubts. United were doing OK tonight, lost a goal and 15 minutes later it was 5-0, that's appalling. To have any success in Europe our clubs need to be hard to beat.

Totally agree on that, but from what I remember about the 80s (and I've probably forgotten a lot!) Aberdeen and United were hard to beat, it wasn't all silky expressive football, it was disciplined, well drilled hard defending that gave them opportunities, then they took their chances up front when they arose. Now, I feel Scottish clubs have forgotten how to defend and I include ourselves in that. The thing that worries me about us in the CL is defending against teams that are better than us. I think we have some good defenders but are they well drilled enough in back to the wall defending? I have my doubts. United were doing OK tonight, lost a goal and 15 minutes later it was 5-0, that's appalling. To have any success in Europe our clubs need to be hard to beat.
Very hard to make comparisons to where Scottish football once was to the current shit that it can serve up today.
I will still place the blame upon the cheating mibs and the stupidity of the reporting upon the game in general myself.
The scum are portrayed as a great footballing team, what horseshite that still remains.
Nothing but a long ball team that plays hard upon the 2nd ball, tactics that were being used donkey years ago and still get praised so highly for such shit, and all done without any real imagination or technical abilities to play the game most decent European teams will play these days.
The only reason it gains any success is by team's from Europe not used to playing against such a shit approach to the game today, yet Scottish teams still think its a winning formula because of how highly they rate the scum for doing so imo.
Yet at every given opportunity they still want to run down the style of football we are able to produce and this against team's who have no intention of actually trying to play decent football against ourselves.
I still got no idea what our approach will be within the CL this season, but I would still say there are many to condemn our approach and hoping we fail badly still.
For the sake of Scottish football in general, it will remain with ourselves to regain some type of respect back into Scottish football, as the overall game is going to suffer badly with sticking with promoting the shit the scum are happy to serve up still imo.

Tommorow will be the first time United have been spoke about on Radio Clyde in depth, so they can mention the Glactico flag carriers before Tuesday comes around.
fans in Amsterdam, getting vox-popped ahead of tonight's game. TV interviewer: 'Do you think you'll progress to the next round?' Fan: 'Oh aye - we're going to win.' Interviewer: 'What gives you that confidence?' Fan: 'Drink!'

been selling tankers all day am cornering the market ,,,,,,,av a waiting list ,,,,,,£500 gets you a place ,,,,,,£1000 gets you in the top 50
The way the climate is affecting this Island Scotland could make a fortune selling watter to the south east of England until they realise they need to build desalination plants down there.

Back