A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

315402456_696045438543654_7021327220916721498_n.jpg

Hampden is the only stadium from Scotland being put forward as part of the UK-Ireland bid to host Euro 2028.

Ireland have submitted two, Wales and Northern Ireland one each, with England making up the rest of the 14-stadium shortlist, which will be later whittled down to 10 stadia.

So fantastic venues like Celtic Park & Murrayfield are ignored. What a fecking joke, as everything revolves around the bloody English again. They have had several turns of hosting major footballing events, whereas a joint bid is the only chance for smaller nations.

Hampden is the only stadium from Scotland being put forward as part of the UK-Ireland bid to host Euro 2028.

Ireland have submitted two, Wales and Northern Ireland one each, with England making up the rest of the 14-stadium shortlist, which will be later whittled down to 10 stadia.

So fantastic venues like Celtic Park & Murrayfield are ignored. What a fecking joke, as everything revolves around the bloody English again. They have had several turns of hosting major footballing events, whereas a joint bid is the only chance for smaller nations.

HH BB, I mibbie wrong but Murrayfields media doesn't meet the UEFA standards for hosting Euros.

Celtic Park doesn't meet UEFA standards for media & changing room facilities.

Uch, I tried to look and see who I was talking with and they responded with wee Archie Gemmels goal v Holland clip on a thread but I canny find it.

At the time I said I had a tee shirt subbeutteo style and I'd post it if I could find it , probably wasnt this thread but here it is anyway

Screenshot_20221121-022033_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221121-022124_Gallery.jpg

YABBUTEO! 🤣
A present from my sister love this, tee-shirt is double strength legend 1st because of the goal and 2nd because of the game Subbuetteo, whit a game that was.

No digital visuals just fitba' pitch painted on a bit of green curtain that youd need ironed sometimes and wee plastic guys youd get quite good at flicking and a goalie on a stick that was faster than Usain Bolt 😂 all in the 'flick'

Ah remember some of my pals really went to town it was table mounted with surround stadium and wee clumps of supporters and scoreboard , superb 😃

Uch, I tried to look and see who I was talking with and they responded with wee Archie Gemmels goal v Holland clip on a thread but I canny find it.

At the time I said I had a tee shirt subbeutteo style and I'd post it if I could find it , probably wasnt this thread but here it is anyway

View attachment 20967

View attachment 20968

YABBUTEO! 🤣
A present from my sister love this, tee-shirt is double strength legend 1st because of the goal and 2nd because of the game Subbuetteo, whit a game that was.

No digital visuals just fitba' pitch painted on a bit of green curtain that youd need ironed sometimes and wee plastic guys youd get quite good at flicking and a goalie on a stick that was faster than Usain Bolt 😂 all in the 'flick'

Ah remember some of my pals really went to town it was table mounted with surround stadium and wee clumps of supporters and scoreboard , superb 😃
I love it.

Last week my work colleague was watching the BBC podcast with Lineker, Shearer & Micsh Richards at lunch time discussing their Top 10 World Cup goals ever. Unbelievably Archie's '78 goal against Holland was not even considered!

And yet Michael Owen's "98 goal where Argentina disastrously tried the very unsuccessful "onside trap" was placed no. 5 by both Richards & Shearer.

I love it.

Last week my work colleague was watching the BBC podcast with Lineker, Shearer & Micsh Richards at lunch time discussing their Top 10 World Cup goals ever. Unbelievably Archie's '78 goal against Holland was not even considered!

And yet Michael Owen's "98 goal where Argentina disastrously tried the very unsuccessful "onside trap" was placed no. 5 by both Richards & Shearer.
No surprise there

I love it.

Owen's goal was a sprint with the finish at the end well taken.
Archie's goal involved running at defenders and beating players no contest

Nope - it got plenty of mentions but it wasn't included. His other goal in that game was voted top.
He only scored yin Bridie aw the English pundits go on aboot it only one whit other goal diddy score you’ll be tellin me he got the ball at the half wiy line and beat the whole Engerland team at least twice and then slipped itunner Shitson
Never happened that’s a Disney ending.
Yours Walt

HH 😂

He only scored yin Bridie aw the English pundits go on aboot it only one whit other goal diddy score you’ll be tellin me he got the ball at the half wiy line and beat the whole Engerland team at least twice and then slipped itunner Shitson
Never happened that’s a Disney ending.
Yours Walt

HH 😂
The Guffs go on about the Hand of God being the most controversial goal of all time. I beg to differ. I'd suggest that Jeff Hurst's shot that rebounded off of the cross bar and bounced to safety off of the goal line without crossing the line was a much bigger injustice.

After all, that was the goal that pretty much decided the outcome of a World Cup Final (if it was still 2-2 then the Germans would not have thrown every player up field in the last minute and Hurst wouldn't have blootered it knowing if he missed it would have wasted so much time retrieving the ball - plus Eng-ger-lund had about 200 people offside for that goal too).

The Guffs go on about the Hand of God being the most controversial goal of all time. I beg to differ. I'd suggest that Jeff Hurst's shot that rebounded off of the cross bar and bounced to safety off of the goal line without crossing the line was a much bigger injustice.

After all, that was the goal that pretty much decided the outcome of a World Cup Final (if it was still 2-2 then the Germans would not have thrown every player up field in the last minute and Hurst wouldn't have blootered it knowing if he missed it would have wasted so much time retrieving the ball - plus Eng-ger-lund had about 200 people offside for that goal too).
I sense bitterness young Jedi use the fork look young inveruriewalker

HH 😂

Must say a big well done for the Celtic ghirls yesterday beating hearts 3-0 in a must win game and even better as later in the day Glasgow City drew 1-1 with female tribiteers and 2 dropped points for each of them brings Celtic back to within 1 point of both of them , super important results especially now there's 2 champions league places at the end of this season GOYGIG HH!

Back