Aberdeen v Celtic match thread KO wed, 7.45pm….all comments in here

Ever read the book The Nipper, SP?
True life account of a bloke growing up in Dundee with complete bastard of a father.
So the guy that wrote it somehow ended up on a plane sat next to Alex Ferguson of all people, who he got chatting to about his upbringing.
You should write a book about that said Fergie, so he did.
Haven't read that book, but know the story well and countless others with the same tale to tell, mate.

Dundee was/is a bit of a weird place in the sense that there were a lot of families raised by the menfolk due to the women working in the jute mills and at Levis.

Lot o' they lassies would get their head turned and do a bunk with a lad at work, or their lives were constantly in danger because of the risk attached to working in the Mills.

Quite a few boys I grew up with were raised by a single male parent and there was another common thread with the booze usually being involved.

Not condoning it, but there was violence everywhere back in those days - neighbours would take pot-shots, polis loved a wee beating, teachers used to warm up their belting arms in the morning and even the posties, milkies and scaffies booted your arse like it was a size 5 mitre.

Fuckers always used to forget though that wee boys often grew up to be big men

I’ll throw the cat among the pidgins…..

Aberdeen should have had a penalty O’Rilley, definitely jumps into the Aberdeen player, wasn’t watching the ball,
Celtic’s 3rd goal should have been chopped off, the Aberdeen defender was blocked out of the challenge by an offside Celtic player….

Tin hat oan…..conspiracy theory time……
SFA have instructed the referees to “help” Celtic win the league this year,
The Huns non compliance with the leagues cinch deal have sealed their fate, the powers that be, can’t have them winning the league and failing to promote the league sponsors, cinch have said, if the Huns win they’re NOT paying out because of the Huns non compliance, it will throw Scottish football into disarray

ask yourself…why didn’t the Huns get their customary penalty in the Glasgow derby or why we didn’t we get a man sent aff, who was the referee speaking to through his headset after our 1st goal?….he was DESPERATE to disallow it……but was instructed to let it stand, if you watch the footage of it, his face is tripping him…..

all strange stuff……
Can't agree with your assessment upon the decision making BB, about the only decisions that the useless mib got about right imo.
Wouldn't rule out a dispute between clinch and SKY going on behind the scenes as its obvious who the dirty bastards within SKY have placed its full support to, and thus increasing the corruption theory within Scottish football yet again.
I still think a potential better angle to look upon things is what potential European places may be on offer for other Scottish teams next season still.
The league has already got a look about it where every single match now has a level of importance surrounding it.
The split now means that every potential club that makes it, stands to possibly have the prospect of European football next season, which is a better return than just the extra money from 2 games from Glasgow still.
So potentially the league may well have a much bigger outcome before the actual split as such with teams going for every potential point on offer for a change now.
Going to mentally very tough upon our players until the end of the season still and the quality within the squad will be needed imo to match the demands within the club still, as we will all still be expecting to challenge upon all counts still.
This has every potential to be one of our greatest achievements within our history imo, where our full support is needed to match the efforts of the players in trying to deliver such an amazing feat in delivering the success that this team deserves imo, and all without any help from cheating mibs either

Here are some 1980s photos of Dundee that may jog some memories for you and Richy. Not sure if Beez Neez is there (before my time so not sure I want to know too much about it if you suspect Richard Gough went there).

To quote Jack Jarvis and Victor McDade
"Dundee...a shitehole...!!!" 🤣
Some rerr photies though

That's nothing.........I was speaking to Brad and Angelina in the boozers on Tuesday and had tae get that lassie telt that I wis'nae interested in meeting up later at the kebab shop coz I was sniffing efter Adele.

Wee Elton done OK on the karaoke, but you'd a thunk he'd sold millions of records wie the way he was carrying on. Not to mention Arnold Schwarzenegger getting a bit big for himself askin me to leave after I dropped my pint.

Typical Tuesday in Dundee........
Reminds me of the time the two greatest liars in the world met...in Dundee...think it was in the Bees Nees, if memory serves me...
First guy says "Ah've jist climbed Niagara Falls in my Y fronts, minus 30 degrees, and it was frozen solid..."
Second guy
"Ah know ye did, I was watching ye..."
Fucking Dundee eh ?
Mon the Dee !!!

Last edited:
See Walsh gave his obligatory penalty to the scum inside 5 mins….anyone know if itbwas a stonewaller or dubious?
Usually when we get grief for decisions it means there deflecting from the huns.
Watch first 30 seconds, hard to tell as the video cuts out just as the replay is showing the McGinn tackle
Looks like he may have got the ball but the follow through gave banjo boy a chance to go down like Linda Lovelace's granny on the Titanic
Ach well, it's Wednesday...and a penalty to Rangers"
Stay tuned for the phrase again this weekend
HH

Watch first 30 seconds, hard to tell as the video cuts out just as the replay is showing the McGinn tackle
Looks like he may have got the ball but the follow through gave banjo boy a chance to go down like Linda Lovelace's granny on the Titanic
Ach well, it's Wednesday...and a penalty to Rangers"
Stay tuned for the phrase again this weekend
HH
As much as I hate to say it imo that's a penalty I'd be incandescent with rage if we didnt get it , clumsy from McGinn whose had a decent season but he doesn't get the ball from what I can make out

Latest posts

Back