Aberdeen v Celtic match thread KO wed, 7.45pm….all comments in here

These are the type of game which win and lose leagues.
Because we are getting a wee rub of the green now they are all bleating.
It has been a long time coming,we have suffered at the hands of every
hun referee they threw at us but now they are under the microscope they have to think about
every decision they make,,,but sure we all know the old scenario,,
what goes around comes around..maybe we are now getting what we have deserved
for a very long time.

HH
See Walsh gave his obligatory penalty to the scum inside 5 mins….anyone know if itbwas a stonewaller or dubious?
Usually when we get grief for decisions it means there deflecting from the huns.
It looked a good penalty bhoy4life but Michael Stewart said he was not convinced,he said he thought he got the slightest of touches then he downgraded the touch to scraping the paint on the ball but still did not give them the penalty,,,

HH

These are the type of game which win and lose leagues.
Because we are getting a wee rub of the green now they are all bleating.
It has been a long time coming,we have suffered at the hands of every
hun referee they threw at us but now they are under the microscope they have to think about
every decision they make,,,but sure we all know the old scenario,,
what goes around comes around..maybe we are now getting what we have deserved
for a very long time.

HH

It looked a good penalty bhoy4life but Michael Stewart said he was not convinced,he said he thought he got the slightest of touches then he downgraded the touch to scraping the paint on the ball but still did not give them the penalty,,,

HH
I'd hae shouted for a penalty if it was one of our Bhoys, but it was still pretty marginal, GS.

I'm more annoyed at the braindead defending by the Hi-Bees full-back who must have known about Kunt's track record for going down like a Dundonian lassie for a kebab.

Did they no remember what happened the last time at Easter Road?

Cairnsy, I played wie Stephen Glass' slightly older brother (who played down at Arbroath).

Goes to show how wound up Scottish football gets folk, because - I swear - that he is usually a rational, level-headed fella.

Another one of the footballers who came out of Fintry in Dundee, but who is a dyed-in-the-sheepy-wool arab.

True story - his ald fella was the lino who flagged George McCluskey aff in a game against the sheep at Parkhead when Aberdeen eventually won the league by one point. The irony being that his older boy, Jimmy, was a Tim at the time (he changed allegiance to the Arabs when he was 11).

The ald fella is in his late seventies now, but I still remind him how he cost Celtic another league flag.
Aye when he first came in and how he speaks he's very calm as u say it just shows how the pressure can make anybody a bit scatty he comes across level headed well at the start anyway that's mad about the old boy being linesman tbf I would prefer glass to not get sacked either because he wants to play the rite way aswell

See Walsh gave his obligatory penalty to the scum inside 5 mins….anyone know if itbwas a stonewaller or dubious?
Usually when we get grief for decisions it means there deflecting from the huns.
It looked like a clumsy challenge. In the replay from behind the goal it looked like got the ball first but you can see why Walsh was able to award it - but you know he wouldn't have if it was at the other end!

Maloney and the Hibs support were all raging that Hibs were not given a penalty as well in the first half, but for some reason it was never included in the SPFL or BBC highlights packages and so never actually happened and with that has been airbrushed from history.

No wonder the huns dont like Michael Stewart.
Fights Celtic,s corner at every opportunity.

HH
I don't think it is so much Stewart fights Celtic's corner but more like he is one of the few pundits who actually fights for what he thinks is right. More often than not in Celtic matches this means he is the lone voice of reason as so many have a clear agenda but he has also argued strongly against Celtic when he believes that our opponents have been hard done by (of course, he is always wrong in these instances ;) ).

Tbh I never liked him at first but I think that although hes no tim he just loves putting the boot in to sevco as much as we do 😎 nobody likes cheats
I don't know how it translates in the West of Scotland, Winter - but you always know the neutrals who supported other teams growing up because they hate the huns and us equally.

There's that old question about Scottish society: "aye, but are you a Catholic Muslim or a Proddie Muslim?"

Same question gets asked of other fans and the truth is, is that they mainly loathe both us and them.

Like a told my son years ago if your not a Tim your a hun no matter who they support
I wouldn't say it was quite as clear cut as that, mate. Some o' they lads in the provinces are devoted to their local teams and would prefer it if both Celtic and that mob were allowed to play in another league.

In spite of the fact that both my parents were Irish Roman Catholics who had to leave the country of their birth for reasons outwith their control - I still get pelters for being a glory hunter who betrayed the local teams by supporting Celtic.

In saying that, I will state that there appears to be a wee minority of Dundee fans who seem to have embraced their establishment roots over the last few years and they are a fuckin embarrasment to their club and the city.

Think that's a really pertinent point which might partly explain the wee drop off in performance and the relatively off-key displays particularly from Maeda and Hatate.

The North Sea is absolutely brutal and the wind that drifts in from it is painful and raw upon the skin. You feel the temperature drop by the degree every 10 minutes and especially as the night draws in.

I was at Gayfield tonight thinking that it wasn't too bad to begin with, but by half-time, I couldn't feel my fingers and toes and it felt like my face was getting the death by a thousand cuts treatment aff the wind.

I'd love it if Arbroath managed to complete their miracle this season, but I hope they'd have to play their games at Dens, because the wind is horrific there the whole year round.

I think Aberdeen is colder, but Arbroath just about edges it on the windchill factor.

Brilliant three points under the circumstances, but you just know we're going to get screwed with another away game up there after the split if they're top 6. At least it'll be sub-tropical by Aberdonian standards in April, but I'm sure Bridie will confirm that that's when the wind up there suffers from multiple personality disorder in Spring.
Last time I was at Gayfield was way back, 1965 I think. After the game we all headed to Perth and got ourselves into The Salutation in the hope of a lumber.
Sady I wasn't successful . Also remember buying The Beatles Help album while I was there. Been reading the posts from yourself and Richybhoy, SP, thoroughly enjoying to patter. Myself and the gaffer were up in Dundee for a wee break just before covid changed our lives. Loved it.

Last time I was at Gayfield was way back, 1965 I think. After the game we all headed to Perth and got ourselves into The Salutation in the hope of a lumber.
Sady I wasn't successful . Also remember buying The Beatles Help album while I was there. Been reading the posts from yourself and Richybhoy, SP, thoroughly enjoying to patter. Myself and the gaffer were up in Dundee for a wee break just before covid changed our lives. Loved it.
There's plenty in Dundee to get pained at, Frank, but there's also a lot to be said in it's defence also.

It's one of those cities in Scotland that held a hand out to the Irish folk and it's isolated enough to have its own special brand of surrealism.

I love the place........tried like a bastard to get oot, but it has an uncanny knack of dragging you back in again. It's not the industrial powerhouse it used to be and the city fathers have a lot to answer for. Drugs have taken their toll like in most cities and we need more jobs, but it still has its moments and the water tastes good and the air is fresh.

I wouldn't say it was quite as clear cut as that, mate. Some o' they lads in the provinces are devoted to their local teams and would prefer it if both Celtic and that mob were allowed to play in another league.

In spite of the fact that both my parents were Irish Roman Catholics who had to leave the country of their birth for reasons outwith their control - I still get pelters for being a glory hunter who betrayed the local teams by supporting Celtic.

In saying that, I will state that there appears to be a wee minority of Dundee fans who seem to have embraced their establishment roots over the last few years and they are a fuckin embarrasment to their club and the city.
Ever read the book The Nipper, SP?
True life account of a bloke growing up in Dundee with complete bastard of a father.
So the guy that wrote it somehow ended up on a plane sat next to Alex Ferguson of all people, who he got chatting to about his upbringing.
You should write a book about that said Fergie, so he did.

There's plenty in Dundee to get pained at, Frank, but there's also a lot to be said in it's defence also.

It's one of those cities in Scotland that held a hand out to the Irish folk and it's isolated enough to have its own special brand of surrealism.

I love the place........tried like a bastard to get oot, but it has an uncanny knack of dragging you back in again. It's not the industrial powerhouse it used to be and the city fathers have a lot to answer for. Drugs have taken their toll like in most cities and we need more jobs, but it still has its moments and the water tastes good and the air is fresh.
Without doubt the city has suffered, like .all too many places, due in part to the collapse of long standing industries . Really is heartbreaking. I feel a certain empathy with your story regarding drug use etc, sadly it's not exclusive to Dundee.
As I said SP, we had a very enjoyable couple days in the company of very welcoming, down to earth folk. My kind of folk as it happens. I hope you never lose your love of your home city . It really is a big part of what defines us.

I don't think it is so much Stewart fights Celtic's corner but more like he is one of the few pundits who actually fights for what he thinks is right. More often than not in Celtic matches this means he is the lone voice of reason as so many have a clear agenda but he has also argued strongly against Celtic when he believes that our opponents have been hard done by (of course, he is always wrong in these instances ;) ).
Funny enough BB that is exactly what I thought myself.

HH

I’ll throw the cat among the pidgins…..

Aberdeen should have had a penalty O’Rilley, definitely jumps into the Aberdeen player, wasn’t watching the ball,
Celtic’s 3rd goal should have been chopped off, the Aberdeen defender was blocked out of the challenge by an offside Celtic player….

Tin hat oan…..conspiracy theory time……
SFA have instructed the referees to “help” Celtic win the league this year,
The Huns non compliance with the leagues cinch deal have sealed their fate, the powers that be, can’t have them winning the league and failing to promote the league sponsors, cinch have said, if the Huns win they’re NOT paying out because of the Huns non compliance, it will throw Scottish football into disarray

ask yourself…why didn’t the Huns get their customary penalty in the Glasgow derby or why we didn’t we get a man sent aff, who was the referee speaking to through his headset after our 1st goal?….he was DESPERATE to disallow it……but was instructed to let it stand, if you watch the footage of it, his face is tripping him…..

all strange stuff……

Back