AIK Thursday. Will we do it or will the roof cave in completely?

To answer the question in the title of this thread, I think we will come through on Thursday and win. As the defence is still unsettled and confidence is lower then we may struggle more than we should against what will be an organised team playing to there strengths looking to hit us on the break. It was only 2 weeks ago everyone was buzzing about a lot of aspects of our play but no doubt we shot ourselves in the foot - should have seen out the Cluj game to go through (fair play to them to never giving up and beating a stronger team away from home) and the Dunfermilne game was similar to the Morton cup tie a few years ago when we battered a lower league team but just couldn't finish them off for various reasons (except this we did go through AET).

I too share many people's frustrations in our bizarre transfer strategy (we don't want or need to break the bank, just sensibly buy players for the positions we have left exposed), but this is what we have to deal with so the players - and management team - had better make the most of this opportunity and win through against AIK.

I predict 3-1 at home then if we can score early over there we should be able to see it out (I'm going for a score draw).

I agree entirely.....that being the case perhaps your critique should be applied to any and all who transgress in this fashion.....just a thought

I'l call abuse out where I see it. In this case the person making the abuse chose to respond to my comment with more abusive comments about their original target. This further inflamed the situation and caused the person being abused to tell the abuser to 'fuck' themselves. The legitimacy of telling somebody to fuck themselves after they have called you a 'cunt' and a 'twat' is debatable but it would be best not to rise to such bait.

League is all for me, in that context and in the reality of far from being an improved team so far this window, would not be that bothered if we go out as it has its own perils.
We have not got the quality in depth team for a Thursday and then weekend games.

I read Griff remarking on the advice Lenny gave the team post CL exit, how he had been through it and went onto be in a final in the lesser cup that season.

Hope Lenny did not miss out the other moral lesson and stark reality that we ended up winning Nothing that season!

I'l call abuse out where I see it. In this case the person making the abuse chose to respond to my comment with more abusive comments about their original target. This further inflamed the situation and caused the person being abused to tell the abuser to 'fuck' themselves. The legitimacy of telling somebody to fuck themselves after they have called you a 'cunt' and a 'twat' is debatable but it would be best not to rise to such bait.

That being the case.....then I think it’s fair to say.....that anyone and everyone who uses abusive language to have a go at another poster should be admonished.....that would be being seen to be consistent I would think.....like I said previously, I don’t have a problem with you or anyone else calling out abuse.....but to me it has to be seen to be done consistently.....that’s my point.....fair enough?

I'll go for a score draw tomorrow. What about the two games after that, the Minis and Sevco. I'll go for a win and a lose. Hate to say it but thats what I think, going with the last two games at Ipox.We've got worse and they have improved. Hope I'am wrong.

That being the case.....then I think it’s fair to say.....that anyone and everyone who uses abusive language to have a go at another poster should be admonished.....that would be being seen to be consistent I would think.....like I said previously, I don’t have a problem with you or anyone else calling out abuse.....but to me it has to be seen to be done consistently.....that’s my point.....fair enough?
Totally fair but I'm not the forum police and I only react in accordance with the severity of the abuse and whether or not I could be bothered with the hassle.

Totally fair but I'm not the forum police and I only react in accordance with the severity of the abuse and whether or not I could be bothered with the hassle.

Defining the severity of any abuse is personally subjective I would say.....that being the case.....I’ll leave that topic up to each individual to determine.....anyway it’s good to agree that there needs to be a fair and consistent approach to things.....let’s hope it works out that way

There is only one thing to do TV ,support and believe,the odds are stacked against ,but,now is the time to pull out all the stops ,IF we gat a result and a good performance ,then it will send all the doom mongers with tails between their legs ,and I don’t mean Celtic supporters here ,all the other crap merchants!,you never know ,will have fingers and all else crossed to pull it out of the hat ,?off course if the manager has learned anything from the last two games ,hh

I support the team 100%. From mid to front I think we could be brilliant with one more creative but sting midfielder to help carry the burden. I thought Turnbull would fill that role. It’s the defence that always fucks us up, we need two LB’s 1 Rb and another CB,

We should have beat Cluj, selections and tactics fucked us along with defensive howlers. Until we sort that out we are vulnerable. How long will it take for the board to see that. When we do buy they have to be quality. I still believe Julien will be a good signing but he has been less than solid. Boli I don’t think has what it takes unless we want to continue to be defensively weak.

We turn up tomorrow and we skelp them. If we had beat Cluj we would be facing Slavia without players we need. That’s unnaceptable. When will we learn. That’s what drives me mental and a scout around our sites will show I am not the only one fucked off with our lack of planning,

We need at least a 3.0 win with our defence if we don’t buy before next week. I think we will do that but our players need to stand up.

Look we know the SMSM are rubbing their hands with glee, but thats because we giving them the ammo ffs, I want us to win as much as anyone but the downsizing of our great club cannot be ignored. We cant put our fingers in our ears and shut our eyes and repeat the mantra "its no happnin, its no happnin".
Well done Clarkie Bhoy, you have my respect for your efforts to support the team, I wish PL would look at the effort you and many many Celtic fans put in to watch our team.Not to mention the money and the time.
So what does PL do? He ramps up security on CTV to prevent other Celtic fans who cant make the trip watch the hoops live, instead we'll have to watch clips from some of our fans on YouTube AFTER the game. Nice one Peter, fucking nice one.
So you're now having a go at PL for ramping up security on Celtic TV because you can't hack into it and watch it for free??? That's what's bothering you??

Putting the signing policy argument to one side, our other big problem we have is our
confidence has nosedived quick style, from the free flowing football we played in our first few games to looking nervous as hell, how quickly things and opinions can change.
I think we can defo get through against AIK, but NFL has some serious thinking to do when it comes to his defensive formation.

So you're now having a go at PL for ramping up security on Celtic TV because you can't hack into it and watch it for free??? That's what's bothering you??

Why would Lawell want to prevent people all over Britain watching it? Even people who subscribe can’t. He could have turned a blind eye. But it seems if he isn’t making a buck out of the support he has a problem.

Also there are probably thousands of people who love the team but couldn’t afford it. What about them?
I would have kept it as it is and let the people sing. He’s a tight-fisted cunt only concerned with cash in the bank. Not the support.

Why would Lawell want to prevent people all over Britain watching it? Even people who subscribe can’t. He could have turned a blind eye. But it seems if he isn’t making a buck out of the support he has a problem.

Also there are probably thousands of people who love the team but couldn’t afford it. What about them?
I would have kept it as it is and let the people sing. He’s a tight-fisted cunt only concerned with cash in the bank. Not the support.

I'm defo having a go at him. Cuz I'm gonna have to listen to it either on the fucking radio or CTV now.

I support the team 100%. From mid to front I think we could be brilliant with one more creative but sting midfielder to help carry the burden. I thought Turnbull would fill that role. It’s the defence that always fucks us up, we need two LB’s 1 Rb and another CB,

We should have beat Cluj, selections and tactics fucked us along with defensive howlers. Until we sort that out we are vulnerable. How long will it take for the board to see that. When we do buy they have to be quality. I still believe Julien will be a good signing but he has been less than solid. Boli I don’t think has what it takes unless we want to continue to be defensively weak.

We turn up tomorrow and we skelp them. If we had beat Cluj we would be facing Slavia without players we need. That’s unnaceptable. When will we learn. That’s what drives me mental and a scout around our sites will show I am not the only one fucked off with our lack of planning,

We need at least a 3.0 win with our defence if we don’t buy before next week. I think we will do that but our players need to stand up.

Do you reckon, in a hypothetical world where we didn't go out to Cluj (say Brown doesn't give away a fuckwitted penalty), with our squad as it is, we would've beat Slavia? Bearing in mind we'd be confident after the hypothetical win over Cluj?

To answer the question in the title of this thread, I think we will come through on Thursday and win. As the defence is still unsettled and confidence is lower then we may struggle more than we should against what will be an organised team playing to there strengths looking to hit us on the break. It was only 2 weeks ago everyone was buzzing about a lot of aspects of our play but no doubt we shot ourselves in the foot - should have seen out the Cluj game to go through (fair play to them to never giving up and beating a stronger team away from home) and the Dunfermilne game was similar to the Morton cup tie a few years ago when we battered a lower league team but just couldn't finish them off for various reasons (except this we did go through AET).

I too share many people's frustrations in our bizarre transfer strategy (we don't want or need to break the bank, just sensibly buy players for the positions we have left exposed), but this is what we have to deal with so the players - and management team - had better make the most of this opportunity and win through against AIK.

I predict 3-1 at home then if we can score early over there we should be able to see it out (I'm going for a score draw).
Lets just get on with it ! Always when bad results are about ,you want to get back on the park and get going ,think they will get a result ,like all be disappointed,? If not,con on the hoops ,hh

Members online

Latest posts

Back