Ange and Spurs

Managers come and go, they have decisions to make for financial security, family life, ambitions and ultimately future happiness etc. Much like the players that they rely on and the club of course. Ange comes across as a deep guy. We can all see the issues he has here in Scotland, Refs that traditionaly are brought up in the dark arts. The Anyone But Celtic school of Wizardy. Who could blame him or anyone else from pulling their feet out of the swamp of VAR and 'honest mistakes'that pollute Scottish Football. That is what the SFA , unionist media and everyone without a conscience wants, there are many. If he stays, I personally think he will, he is proving that he has nothing to prove, other than the success he will ultimately bring was against all the odds! The Establishment are definately odd :). Whatever he decides, wish him all the best, he deserves it.

I wouldn't blame him for taking Spurs job to be honest. They are a top 6 English club and usually qualify for Europe. Seen a lot of people say they are a downgrade on celtic and I think that's true but potentially they could conquer Europe (potentially) . They were in champions league final not that long ago. Realistically we have no chance of doing that . I hope he doesn't go but if he does he leaves with my thanks for what he has achieved and the foundations he has laid st the Holy Ground

The players Ange has brought in maybe wouldn't cut it at that level, He would have to adapt to a different level of expectations at a club in termoil with a fan base that might not value him so much. To do that would require him to get a contract that sees him ok financially as a buckaroo! Can't see him falling to that level. but this world is a strange place at times!

Some good news for Scottish Churnalists this morning... Another English club are without a manager.... Batter in churnalists link Ange with Leeds Utd 😳😳😳😳.

Stuck listening to Talksport this morning, 50. My van broke down so having to jump in with my colleague. According to the host, this morning, Ange is booked in for an interview with Levy on Monday morning. Although, they do contradict themselves in the very same report when stating Ange has said he isn't thinking about anything but the cup final....so how he can be arranging interviews with Spurs whilst not thinking about anything but Celtic and the cup final is a bit confusing....something you'd think the reporter publishing the story would have spotted.

It's like the SMSM are happy to keep Scottish football as a backwater league that no one cares about. A truly worldclass manager is operating in a competition that's the media are suppost to promote....and they can't get him out the door fast enough....its the same with our players. They can't wait to chase guys like Hatate, CCV and Kyogo out the league....not sure what the link is 🤔

I hope Ange knows what he’s getting into if he opts for Spurs. Levy is worse than Liewell. The Spurs fans hate him and want him out. Him and the yank owners are more interested in investing in commercial ventures rather than the team.
Kane is in the last year of his contract and wouldn’t resign. I believe a lot of the players are totally demotivated and want out too. There will be no giant transfer kitty to rebuild. Levy will see to that. So Ange will simply inherit a team in disarray and no major funding for new players.
Oh and be wary of what Levy might promise Ange coz that promise will be forgotten 10 min after you’re in the door and if the poor results continue next season you’ll be next out the door - with a tarnished rep.

Last edited:
He’s offski…
I genuinely don't think he knows what he will do yet. He is concentrating on the Cup Final and then would be prepared to speak to Levy - if asked - to see what they would offer. Only then will he discuss with his family and agent and make a decision for what he thinks is best for him.

As with everyone else, this is purely speculation on my part and there are a LOT of ifs and buts, but no-one speaking in the media knows what the hell is going on. So, as I said before, it is not concerning me at the moment - if he leaves then we move on and if he stays then brilliant.

I for one will be bitterly disappointed if he goes to Spurs. We took the plunge and gave him a chance to manage a team in Europe. Where were Levy & Co. when we took that risk? That’s right - fkn nowhere in sight. Wouldn’t have risked Ange then would they?
Now after 2 season he’s going to bail? Well if he does I hope Spurs get fkn relegated and Ange can take the consequences.

Back