Brendan has accepted Leicester job.

I have to say i think brendan has behaved badly,to leave at this time of the season is wrong,if he went in the summer then fair play,he would leave as a god,lets be real here hes fucked off to leicester not real madrid.Probably things happened between him and lawell,we will never know but i dont think it would have been a hardship to see out the season,im sure if him and his agent let it be known he was ready for the off he would have got offers.Sorry for me its leicester,enjoy mid table medoicrity/relegation fights or just the money.FUCKING HAIL HAIL,were celtic,lets pull together and show all these bastards were going nowhere,number one and staying there

Celtic statement said permission to speak to Brendan. We could all be wrong, he may say no :unsure::oops:

He has asked to speak to them, I don’t see what would stop him.

My thing now is, the amount of loads we had wasn’t great but you’d assume BR had a plan when he brought them in - now he’s gone, someone has to go in, lose these players and come up with something.

I try to be realistic in these things looking at Man Unt who sack so say the best in the world and Chealsea who are about to get rid of another top manager both clubs were or are in the doldrums,Rogers if he leaves has left a team in a good position we not like it buts that's life,whoever comes in to replace will not be trying to turn it around but will best place to keep us at the top,remember when Rogers came to us he wasn't at the top of anyone's list

Apparently he and Celtic knew that he was goin at the end of the season. No wonder he didn't give a fuck about building a new defence for European qualifiers or next season. He didn't push the boyata situation and let his deal run down. I wouldn't be surprised if he is his first signin. What a way to turn yourself from hero to villain.

You would think the media were ramping up the pressure to deliver the EBTers ghosts a title. If and its a big If BR was to walk out before the season ended i would personally take his autobiography and Celtic DVD back to the superstore and demand my money back and state you misled me and sold me a bag of shite and lies.
I am suprised slippy is not attracting attention down south but there you go.

I am trying to work out BR's logic here other than money. One thread could be that he doesn't think he will be offered any of the big jobs straight from Celtic so feels he has to prove himself in the EPL again as a step towards one of the so called dream jobs. Whatever, disappointed as I will be, we are Celtic, we move on.
His logic is he told Leicester he would come in the summer Leicester told him it’s now or never so he jumped

Not sure the exact figure, but Leicester allegedly paid Celtic 6m compensation. Over a 3 year period, Brendan could make about 6m more than he makes at Celtic and be in the top league in the world so you can't blame the man for leaving. A 100% trophy success! Leaving the bigoted cheating Scottish league behind. I wish him the best of luck and a big thank you for all the great work and his achievements. Its not the end of the world. Celtic are in great shape for a new manager to continue with the success. Hail Hail

Go fk yersel tt. He’s a treacherous prick who’s word is meaningless.

Can’t stand people like that

If that's the case then I have lost a lot of respect for BR. He has put money, which he has a lot of, over loyalty. Yes PL hasn't backed him but the guy signed a contract. He could have made history this season...treble treble. He could have stayed 2 more years and created a legend of himself. To fuck of into a relegation battle is very poor.
I blame Lawwell and co but BR has really let us down if he goes at this time. If he left at the end of the season, I'd wish him all the best and cherish the memories. But to leave now, when we can win a treble treble, when we're trying for 10.....it feels like a betrayal.

Shocked n gutted by the news this morning. If Brendan wants to leave really surprised its Leicester, he'll probably end up with the bullet in the summer! Team got horsed again at weekend n looking an absolute shambles but BR will turn them around if he goes there, I truly hope he just looking at his options. Does make those dodgy 6 month loans make sense!
Our board will go cheap as usual ala Lenny, Ronny etc. Lawwell got lucky with penny pinching Lenny, could have been a disaster! If BR does go he goes with my heartfelt thanks n best wishes for anything he does, his tenure at Paradise has been a dream! Absolutely heartbroken tho GBTC?

This is a sickener. It is the timing that hurts us - surely he and Leicester could have agreed that he starts with them in the summer, but to leave us with a few games still to be won before the league is secured stinks. And for Leicester?? It’s not as if it’s a once only offer from Man United or another genuine top club.

For me, we should get Lenny in till the end of the season, then bring in someone who actually wants to be here. I still think we’ll win the league, but this rocks the boat.

Dont know about the rest of you,but I am as sick as f**k about this,threw me sideways....:cry:
Yeah bigman, my initial reaction was similar, but with time to let it sink in, I've come to the conclusion that nobody has died. If Brendan Rodgers thinks that Leicester city is a bigger job than Celtic, then all the talk about him being a life long Celtic supporter in his dream job etc etc is all lies. A man whose word is worthless, is worthless as a man. i know if I was ever good enough to be given the Celtic managers job and was reasonably successful, then the only way they're getting me out of there is in a wooden box!

Yeah bigman, my initial reaction was similar, but with time to let it sink in, I've come to the conclusion that nobody has died. If Brendan Rodgers thinks that Leicester city is a bigger job than Celtic, then all the talk about him being a life long Celtic supporter in his dream job etc etc is all lies. A man whose word is worthless, is worthless as a man. i know if I was ever good enough to be given the Celtic managers job and was reasonably successful, then the only way they're getting me out of there is in a wooden box!
To be honest Dead,my first reaction was like a death in the family but as you say give it a wee bit of time to sink in.

Back