Brendan has accepted Leicester job.

BR has nothing to be ashamed about - the Celtic Board have brought this upon themselves by their refusal to properly support him. (Quite happy to be successful domestically).
Steve Clarke is a great manager but in the last week has raised big questions on whether he has the temperament to deal with the side show that comes with this job.
Under the circumstances Neil Lennon is best man for the job - he definitely knows what it takes.

Hope he likes the oranges down there. Treacherous cant.

Lets face it he wiz shit in europe and won’t deviate from his style of play regardless if the opponent is of a standard requiring us to adapt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to say I'm pretty shocked at this, had an suspicion BR might have went in the summer but to go now makes me think things have finally come to a head with Lawell. Sutton seemed convinced at the weekend BR was off so maybe he had a bit of insider info and knew it was coming.

So so disappointed as the timing is fucking awful but in the main I don't really blame BR. I know a lot of people on here are angry at him right now and see this as a betrayal but maybe there has been a complete breakdown between him and Lawell/Board and things were becoming untenable.

I know many won't agree but I lay the blame for this entirely at the feet of Lawell and the board. They've forced successive managers to operate under an inflexible transfer system which is woefully underfunded given our finances, extremely restrictive in the criteria that has to be met and pretty much impossible to build anything sustainable due to it's reliance on selling our top talent asap as well as it's over-reliance on the loan market. Don't forget Lenny walked for the same reasons BR seems to be walking for and that worries me for the future.

Last edited:
Guys we've been here before. Players and managers move on. No man is bigger than the club.
We will move on and create more history. There will be quite a few good managers who would like the gig at Celtic park. Keep calm.
HH?
Fine stevie but I think we know the point about no one being bigger than the club. What sticks in the craw is the timing. We drop even a point in the next few games and the papers will be ramping up the league challenge. Think how this news is resuscitating a new clubs title hopes. We are giving them chances they never deserve.

Fine stevie but I think we know the point about no one being bigger than the club. What sticks in the craw is the timing. We drop even a point in the next few games and the papers will be ramping up the league challenge. Think how this news is resuscitating a new clubs title hopes. We are giving them chances they never deserve.
We will prevail. The media can do what they like but the hard truth is we are still a much superior side than sevco. No matter who takes charge.
Keep the faith. We are Celtic.
HH?

Members online

Latest posts

Back