Brendan Rodgers a simple yes or no

Would you take Rodgers back as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally thought by the start of BR 3rd season the other managers had cottoned on to his tactics. The games were slow & boring.
So whether the guys a Rat or not, his football had become boring & a hard watch.
Going back in for a manager who has already been at the club and left, just seems like a half hearted attempt to replace your manager.
Celtic will appoint Rodgers and will put out a statement saying how he wad their no1 choice etc
I would rather go for an unknown quantity that Rodgers

Hello there just joined hope yous are all well! Tbh it's a hard one for me but its a no from me I appreciate the job he did in the past etc and I understand managers etc leaving for England but they also need to understand when they leave a certain way that it tarnishes your relationship with the club and offering him more cash etc is just a big no from me I really don't think he deserves it ....wish the man well but not as manager of our football club

Hello there just joined hope yous are all well! Tbh it's a hard one for me but its a no from me I appreciate the job he did in the past etc and I understand managers etc leaving for England but they also need to understand when they leave a certain way that it tarnishes your relationship with the club and offering him more cash etc is just a big no from me I really don't think he deserves it ....wish the man well but not as manager of our football club
Welcome to the noise tommybhoy enjoy the madness HH

Ange may have left at the seasons end but because of the out of season world cup we don't have a lot of time to appoint a manager.

Rodgers style changed after season 1, I don't agree that the others sussed the tactics out, the tiki taka style he employed after , this wasn't the style he employed at Leicester when he was winning FA cups and reaching champions league semis.

He's very few peoples first choice and not mine either.

That said we don't have a great record of getting first choice managers in.

It is Rodgers , that's official .
Therefore he has my full support until he leaves probably in 2 seasons time for the EPL as all successful Celtic managers do in the modern game.

We should be preparing for our next manager now, think the board got lucky such a highly experienced successful manager was available.

We want a run deep into Europe, Rodgers was the last manager to take us to the last 32 in Europe.

Here's hoping he can repeat that and do better HH

Ange may have left at the seasons end but because of the out of season world cup we don't have a lot of time to appoint a manager.

Rodgers style changed after season 1, I don't agree that the others sussed the tactics out, the tiki taka style he employed after , this wasn't the style he employed at Leicester when he was winning FA cups and reaching champions league semis.

He's very few peoples first choice and not mine either.

That said we don't have a great record of getting first choice managers in.

It is Rodgers , that's official .
Therefore he has my full support until he leaves probably in 2 seasons time for the EPL as all successful Celtic managers do in the modern game.

We should be preparing for our next manager now, think the board got lucky such a highly experienced successful manager was available.

We want a run deep into Europe, Rodgers was the last manager to take us to the last 32 in Europe.

Here's hoping he can repeat that and do better HH
I think we have our next manager already lined up. I'd bet it will be Kennedy!!!

I never thought Rodgers could ever return to Celtic as he is too toxic for many fans. I personally had moved on and didn't dislike him. He is now our manager so I accept it even if I don't really like it or wanted him.

I support Celtic. Win, lose or draw. This is a lifetime commitment and no narcissistic gobshite will stop me supporting the club through good and bad. I will not sing his name in any songs either after him & Ange bullshitting us. Rodgers will move on again - either his or the board's choice - hopefully after a fair bit of success.

Also all this talk about Trebles makes me very uneasy. I know we have enjoyed many recently but these are extremely hard to achieve. I want the League, hope for a cup and would love a decent showing in Europe (3rd place in the group is a success to me).

I think we have our next manager already lined up. I'd bet it will be Kennedy!!!

I never thought Rodgers could ever return to Celtic as he is too toxic for many fans. I personally had moved on and didn't dislike him. He is now our manager so I accept it even if I don't really like it or wanted him.

I support Celtic. Win, lose or draw. This is a lifetime commitment and no narcissistic gobshite will stop me supporting the club through good and bad. I will not sing his name in any songs either after him & Ange bullshitting us. Rodgers will move on again - either his or the board's choice - hopefully after a fair bit of success.

Also all this talk about Trebles makes me very uneasy. I know we have enjoyed many recently but these are extremely hard to achieve. I want the League, hope for a cup and would love a decent showing in Europe (3rd place in the group is a success to me).
JKs devotion to Celtic really is magnificent.

Most folk see him staying on as assistant to countless managers as him biding his time, learning all the ways of some of the top managers he's worked with.

I've often thought it's more to do with him being grateful for how the club looked after him as he tried to return from his career ending injury, years of physio work in the gym and he wants to repay Celtic.

Either way he's highly regarded in not only Scotland but in football.

This is a man steeped in Celtic since before he was even born.

If he is the next after Rodgers then not many will have accumulated his experience.

JKs devotion to Celtic really is magnificent.

Most folk see him staying on as assistant to countless managers as him biding his time, learning all the ways of some of the top managers he's worked with.

I've often thought it's more to do with him being grateful for how the club looked after him as he tried to return from his career ending injury, years of physio work in the gym and he wants to repay Celtic.

Either way he's highly regarded in not only Scotland but in football.

This is a man steeped in Celtic since before he was even born.

If he is the next after Rodgers then not many will have accumulated his experience.

Aye but when sitting in the big seat temporarily, he still chose to play exactly Lennon’s team and tactics, coming up with EXACTLY the same piss poor results, those few games were his “audition” ….he flunked it spectacularly 🤷‍♂️

Aye but when sitting in the big seat temporarily, he still chose to play exactly Lennon’s team and tactics, coming up with EXACTLY the same piss poor results, those few games were his “audition” ….he flunked it spectacularly 🤷‍♂️
BIG call for Kennedy....If he chose to do it 'his way' and it failed....then we all know what would happen....So he followed Lennon and we all know what did happen. I would like to see Kennedy go to another team as manager and see what style of football he would play...Then we would know what he is really like.

My vote is no, but i do understand, or at least think I do, the reasons why they brought him back. Good coach, has a name in big leagues that will attract a fee if he gets results on pitch. But its just another flaw in the morality of Football generally. I hope we win with him. But it could backfire badly splitting support and potentially unsettling everybody and man we got to listen to the superficial gibberish he spouts regularly. I back whoever leads the team. but if results go pear shaped they might need a fortress to protect the team bus from boulders. Oh and i bet the guy votes tory and union all day long. Wouldnt be ouut of place in the Boris J cabinet, imo.

bad appointment imo. but he does win stuff in scotland anyway and well I might talk shite mostly but i do hope he becomes the guy i hoped he was first time round, but i doubt it.

Aye, I don't blame him for that though.
Change what had been a winning formula or do something different?

Should've had a go himself I think but an impossible position with players downing tools and only interested in the moves to money on the table.

Aye, I don't blame him for that though.
Change what had been a winning formula or do something different?

Should've had a go himself I think but an impossible position with players downing tools and only interested in the moves to money on the table.
The problem was that at that point it wasn't a winning formula. Some wantaway players had clearly downed tools and had not bothered their arse for months but Kennedy stuck by them even though they were dead rubbers and most of them would have no future at Celtic.

I can understand if he had given them a couple of matches to prove they were interested and then ditch the non-triers, but he continued to play them in every game and ignored the fringe/young players instead of blooding them.

That is the basis of me thinking he is maybe an excellent coach but will struggle to be the main manager. But I still think it is pre-ordained that he will be appointed as our next manager, so I hope I am wrong.

Also all this talk about Trebles makes me very uneasy. I know we have enjoyed many recently but these are extremely hard to achieve. I want the League, hope for a cup and would love a decent showing in Europe (3rd place in the group is a success to me)
In regards to Postoc..... bullshitting us. It is becoming clear that he and the board knew 2 months ago that he was thinking about the Totties. The board invited The RAT up to Celtic Park a full month or 2 ago (fait accompli) and it has been suggested that around that time he was already considering a move south. What happened to TAPPING UP?
None of this is happenstance. You\we have been LIED to by DD, the board and the Fat train driver for months.
DD has the audacity to appoint The RAT when few fans were even interested. We are being treated like mugs because we dont matter. I feel that the RAT will try to dismantle this team in order to impose his own ego at Celtic.

Last edited:
Back