Celtic FC Statement on semi finals

I hope so Shamrock, maybe MD has cottoned on to it as well. He has a Stella ill have a voddie. HH. Pal?
I thought at first it was dannymcgrain cos my name starts with a 'c' which he knows and you said chirl instead of ghirl but it's ok I'm on the right page with you now pal.

Lets be clear Celtic are not concerned about playing at Murrayfield, it's the process that has led us to be playing the Semi Final at Murrayfield!
There is obviously no protocol at the SPFL for playing Semi Finals on Neutral grounds, my imediate suggestion to Peter Lawell and the Celtic Board is to draw one up and get all the member clubs to agree to it e.g.
1) First tie drawn is the first match played.
2) If the ties are compromised by European fixtures all clubs should be represented at the SPFL Board to reach an agreement.
3) Evidence should be available that the SPFL has consulted with all partners agencies i.e. Police Scotland, Transport Scotland, Local Authorities and Emergency Services etc
4) The clubs involved should also consult with their own Supporter Organisations.
5) Once all this has been settled then the TV companies can be considered.

The ironic thing about this whole debacle is that it should not be difficult to reach a proper outcome which suits everyone.
This shows what a bunch of clowns that are in positions in both the SPFL and SFA.
Doncaster's position is no longer sustainable and he and his henchmen have to go!!!!

HH boab was trying out new name to see if anyone cottoned on. I might as well go back to being, who is it you thought I was boab.?
I hope so Shamrock, maybe MD has cottoned on to it as well. He has a Stella ill have a voddie. HH. Pal?
I rembered just as i posted i remeber stating Govan and you corrected me and said no ibrox, HaHa nice one everyone will get the name out to tothers happy hunting. Hope alls well with Family and things have settled. Rough year mate but can and will get better for you of that i have no doubt.

I rembered just as i posted i remeber stating Govan and you corrected me and said no ibrox, HaHa nice one everyone will get the name out to tothers happy hunting. Hope alls well with Family and things have settled. Rough year mate but can and will get better for you of that i have no doubt.
Thanks m8. Be glad to see this year's end. HH m8. ?

When you say a precedent surely there always has been one and, thats why when there was a two game two seperate days in semis the teams first out always played on the first day, and the other usually got hit with the shitey moving carpet the next day. We travel anywhere but its the priciple thats galling.
I thought the games were pencilled in for saturday and sunday. So us being first out the hat put us on the Saturday so, techincally, they're only moving our game.

Stuff about precedent was to do with giving the cup holders first dibs. Don't think that's ever been a thing.

I thought the games were pencilled in for saturday and sunday. So us being first out the hat put us on the Saturday so, techincally, they're only moving our game.

Stuff about precedent was to do with giving the cup holders first dibs. Don't think that's ever been a thing.
Good point

From t'official site...

FOLLOWING today's SPFL Board meeting, at which it was decided that Celtic's Betfred League Cup semi-final against Hearts will now take place at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh on Sunday, October 28, with the other semi-final between Rangers and Aberdeen being held at Hampden later the same day, Celtic Football Club has released the following statement.
The SPFL Board's decision not to hold a ballot to decide the venues of the forthcoming semi-final matches is both irrational and discriminatory.
Celtic recognised there was a genuinely difficult problem to resolve. All we asked for was equity of treatment – in other words, a simple ballot of which game went to which venue, so that all clubs would have a 50-50 chance of playing at Hampden.
We understand that those bodies consulted, including the police and broadcasters, had no preference whatsoever on which match should take place at each venue and, therefore, there was only one appropriate method of reaching a fair outcome.
The SPFL Board have been unable to produce logic or reason for turning down our modest request. Instead, they have arbitrarily decided that a chosen game should stay at Hampden and the other should go to Murrayfield.
The interests of our club and supporters have been subordinated to a diktat from the SPFL board which is as unfair as it was unnecessary.
Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell was excused from the SPFL board meeting due to the subject under discussion.
Boycott the game no Celtic fans money for such a stitch up.

Yep you sure sound ragin' ?

HH?
Yep you sure sound ragin' ?

HH?
I'm raging at my club's intransigence with the SPFL.
I'm ragin at my club's watery reply when told our chairman can not attend the meeting where our destination is decided by Sevco fans.
I'm raging being the cup holders, the 7 times league champions and first out of the draw AND who should get priority over everyone else....
...If not us, then who should....
.....but not sure if you Bill are on the same side or with countless thousands of Celtic fans who agree with me.........
Its about opinions and it appears you object to me having one................or is it a problem you have with everyone ..........it looks that way to me ..........and from others who highlighted your replies........
Hope I'm reading you wrong pal,
HH

Equality got the red card today by the spfl.
Hey Jinky pal, feckin equality left the building where Celtics concerned long before elvis. Brother Walfrid wanted better from people and believed people can be better than this..... God Bless him and may he rest in peace but you, I and the garden gate know the peepul are not better than this and the brethren’s mitts are all over this. HH buddy ☘️

I'm raging at my club's intransigence with the SPFL.
I'm ragin at my club's watery reply when told our chairman can not attend the meeting where our destination is decided by Sevco fans.
I'm raging being the cup holders, the 7 times league champions and first out of the draw AND who should get priority over everyone else....
...If not us, then who should....
.....but not sure if you Bill are on the same side or with countless thousands of Celtic fans who agree with me.........
Its about opinions and it appears you object to me having one................or is it a problem you have with everyone ..........it looks that way to me ..........and from others who highlighted your replies........
Hope I'm reading you wrong pal,
HH
Well if your not you the great jc get my vote all day long pal. HH my good friend ☘️

Im no sure thats exactly right. It may well be exactly right. I suspect the monetary thing comes into it for sure. But the club Sevco would till exist and would still potentially be a massive club since it has the entire horde needing their particular addiction ministered.

Celtic want to compete at highest level of football. A strong Scottish league would aid all scottish teams to compete with each other and in europe.

The death of Rangers has sack all to do with the strength of our league. In fact the strength of our league gets weaker every season that clubs overextend their financial muscles through debt. And the bending over to accommodate a the injustice of all Rangers fans and their hubris killed Rangers stone dead. To allow the new club to pretend its the same club continues the gravy train of the unelected backhanders on the gravy train from Tax avoidance/evasion. It doesn't make our league one bit stronger.

Now to give Celtic board benefit of doubt is just until proven otherwise.

The club is owned by the shareholders
They elect the board
DD wealth has nothing to do with Celtic, but he is a nice person to have on the board. 1 he is billionaire and has influence in business world. 2 He runs businesses like a business 3 Celtic is business with charitable caveat.

Lawell job is to make the shareholders wealth. He is very good at it. He adds lots of value off the pitch. He is there to keep the Manager in line with manageable budgets and to assess the financial added value of the purchases that the team manager would like to add value on the pitch. Lowell is not the problem in this sense. He doing what a CEO should be doing. He looks after the wealth off the pitch for the shareholders which attracts more investment since the investments are value added.

Rest of the board I have no clue.

Manager
Rodgers
Big name big wage knows the game and how he wants to play winning football.

But lots of his purchases haven't actually added any value on the pitch. And he has tendency to overspend and give wages that are very high for celtics budgets. He likes luxury travel and hotels and luxury everything. Which is fine if it adds value on and off the pitch.

I suspect his inability to spot top young players is problematic to the business model of the Club.

Basically he isn't very efficient. But then again very few of the best managers in the world of football matters are very efficient. they just want to buy the best players available to make their style work. This model can't work at Celtic. Its the very model that killed Rangers. Unless you have unlimited funding from the bank of thin air then normal clubs need to work to the model of the business.

I suspect thats where the Rodgers Lawell eye to eye has broken down.
Rodgers can't add value on pitch without burning value off it.

Congestion doesn't have a good record either. So Rodgers may like all humans have little cliques he prefers rather than someone really fit for the job at hand.

Now Ronny Diela and lennon and Strachan all could add value to club by sporting top talent at cut prices.

Martin Oniel and Rodgers don't give hoot about the business models they just want the players they want.

Hence reason Oniel buggered off in my opinion
And the reason Rodgers will bugger off sooner or later.
Now all of the above is my opinion only.

I know it will not be popular with the footballing value fans.

But I genuinely think everything I said is valid.

I dont trust Lawell since he has no voice anymore on all other topics. But he has done his job very well.

Rodgers has done his job well on the footballing side so far. But his off field value add on is very limited by the operational limits of the Club.

And the doubts remain that he can spot value added youngsters who can add value quickly to team.

And while that remains I don't think the club will be trusting him with mega million purchases if they come at the cost of wealth destruction.

Without wealth growth the club goes backwards. Without value added investment on pitch the club stalls on pitch and usually quickly goes backwards.

But thats the limits of having a properly run business.

The alternative is criminal glib and shameless liars who only destroy wealth but get themselves richer in process. The Sevco way
Still doin war n peace pal. Love it. HH ☘️

Members online

Latest posts

Back