Celtic noise forum

Its turned into a mini News Now site... Shame....

I've a feeling a few more will go fairly soon...

I'll be honest here I occasionally look at Video Celts on news now and never ever go on the Celtic Blog. But haven't clicked on any of the links we are being bombarded with atm from either of them.

I'll stick with it for a while in the hope it calms down a bit, but really pages of clickbait I'm just not interested in, I'd much rather chat or give my opinions to another Celtic fan than discuss what some fuckin soup taker or stupid hun has spouted to the loonies that make up the Scottish media...
Where are you being bombarded by the the posts? Is it on your mobile? When have we allowed anyone but Celtic fans on here? I've banned loads of the other mob, maybe quietly, often when members have pointed them out. I've never hammered Celtic noise with Celtic Star links, just share ones that are particularly relevant.

I see the Celtic Star section as a chance for me to develop some ideas and bring folk in for interviews and chats. I have no control over the other two sites and don't read the comments on there. But do see this is something quite interesting - but there's no point in doing it if isn't working for the users.

All Noisers I know have their own mind . I for one will stick it out until things go awry. The noise is imo under transition let's all give it time. And then if you are feeling that the noise isn't for you then fine . We all have our own minds we are all individuals grown adults, deem that you think is right.

Where are you being bombarded by the the posts? Is it on your mobile? When have we allowed anyone but Celtic fans on here? I've banned loads of the other mob, maybe quietly, often when members have pointed them out. I've never hammered Celtic noise with Celtic Star links, just share ones that are particularly relevant.

I see the Celtic Star section as a chance for me to develop some ideas and bring folk in for interviews and chats. I have no control over the other two sites and don't read the comments on there. But do see this is something quite interesting - but there's no point in doing it if isn't working for the users.
Yea on my mobile, its the content from the other sites I was on about David, I've next to no interest in what the media print about Celtic, especially from ex players points of view, for instance it appears there was a spat on twitter between Sutton and the zombie Barbie, leave it on twitter for the readers of twitter, is it news to us or me if you like.... No... And I get you've no control over the other two sites but you must see we are now being hit with each site starting a thread on here on the same subject matter...

By all means join the 3 of you together, thats not my gripe, but cant Joe's site and James's site have a thread were their content just goes there under their own headings??

What you have atm is a great wee only community David on the noise, and as I said earlier I enjoy coming on and chatting about all things Celtic from a fans point of view and of course one or two of the non football related stuff 😉

Ultimately its your decision David and I respect your right to make changes, hopefully it turns out for the best, but atm it doesn't look like it.

Also I like your idea for the Celtic Star site also..

That's your opinion, but I'll re-word to clarify. Much of what you say is factually incorrect.
Much is factually incorrect…..although not all of it

Have I touched a raw nerve here?

Perhaps you should put the laptop out to grass, they are so outdated, NOBODY I know still uses one, EVERYONE is on phones and tablets, just put it up the loft beside the vhs and Betamax cassettes, the laser disc, the Walkman, CD’s and DVDs and all the rest of the last century tech

I and most people feel you’ve RIPPED the heart and soul out this site, it was way much more than a money maker for someone, way much more than a Celtic forum, the way threads meandered way off topic, the genuine feeling of love and care we have for people we have never, and probably will never meet, the genuine sense of loss the MD (oor Michael) passed, the Celtic pets, DILLIGAF’s dogs, his granddaughters joy with her 1st Celtic “uniform” Lennono’s brilliant nature photos, I could go on and on here about various noisers

We had a real community here…….it’s on life support with the plug about to be pulled and long term members drift away…..

Winning captains, that have always said “without us, this site is nothing”

Carry on as you’re doing that exactly what you’ll have……..NOTHING🤷‍♂️

Yea on my mobile, its the content from the other sites I was on about David, I've next to no interest in what the media print about Celtic, especially from ex players points of view, for instance it appears there was a spat on twitter between Sutton and the zombie Barbie, leave it on twitter for the readers of twitter, is it news to us or me if you like.... No... And I get you've no control over the other two sites but you must see we are now being hit with each site starting a thread on here on the same subject matter...

By all means join the 3 of you together, thats not my gripe, but cant Joe's site and James's site have a thread were their content just goes there under their own headings??

What you have atm is a great wee only community David on the noise, and as I said earlier I enjoy coming on and chatting about all things Celtic from a fans point of view and of course one or two of the non football related stuff 😉

Ultimately its your decision David and I respect your right to make changes, hopefully it turns out for the best, but atm it doesn't look like it.

Also I like your idea for the Celtic Star site also..
I don't think it's worthwhile opening threads on articles unless there's a reason to do so, for instance the thread about our night at the Kerrydale merited a thread. If the sites start doing that it will weaken the site and that should be discouraged and will be by me. However there's scope as mentioned for the sites to do their own thing and I think we can provide added value from this end.

It seems that there is an undercurrent of dislike for the other site(s), which has never been anything I have had first hand knowledge of. Celtic Noise won't allow supporters of theRangers to post on here and that's for certain.

The most used button on the site is the what’s new, takes me to the latest posts, but the other day I had pages and pages of Guff,
1st change I’d be making is to exclude the blogs form the “what’s new button”
View attachment 24131View attachment 24132View attachment 24133View attachment 24134
That's helpful. On the day the techie guys put this up there were just the opening post and I then posted the next one manually and would be happy to do that to be honest (not sharing every article), then the next day it seemed to bring in a whole load of posts and it's been automated since. No reason we can't have What's New in.... as options and you can click the ones you want to see?

Members online

Latest posts

Back