Celtic noise forum

I came on here on the day I was asked to step up and do this and I spoke honestly about what the plans were. Over on The CelticBlog section I made it clear that I'll very rarely post on the site, but will keep an eye on things over on my own section ... which, by the way, I haven't yet done and probably won't do for months. I am not here to piss about with the way this site is run, I said from the start that a couple of things would change but that they would be minor and modest. This site runs fine and I had no plans to change any of it.

As it is, I'm very glad to be working with Dave on it because I've known the guy for over a decade and there are few people in the blogosphere I respect more. I know how much HE cares about this site and the people on it. If I seemed pissed off (which I admit I am) it's as much about the lack of respect and faith some here have shown in that guy.

I personally am well used to having my work slagged all over the shop. I've stopped dwelling on it. I can't really be bothered defending myself any more on the subject, it's such a waste of time and energy and effort. Not caring frees me up to write what I want, on the subjects that I want, and in the manner that I want. That's the beauty of not caring ... you lose any fear at all about what you can and can't say, or who you might offend.

I've been accused of everything from being a Celtic-hater to being a board apologist. I've even been called a Sevconian in some places. Others believe I post everywhere under different names ... I know a man who does and as Bob Dylan said, "it ain't me you're lookin' for babe" and I wonder where people like that find the time. I sure as Hell don't have it to spare.

So BELIEVE ME when I tell you that nothing I do on here will interfere with the day-to-day of this place, because I honestly have other things I need to do. I've been upfront from the off and I'm being upfront here. This place runs just fine. I hope that in time people will regard the blogs section as something that enhances the place.

It will certainly NEVER be allowed to detract from it.

Look I speak my mind, but I don't lie. I don't do bullshit. When I say that you can take it to the bank. We will not allow this site to change too much. It's in nobodies interests. This is a "safe space." I've seen what happens to forums which aren't and it ain't pretty.

Trust us. And if you can't trust me, trust the guy who's been here all these years.

Problem though James is the rss feeds also post to the whats new page and that is what most are complaining about, the Celtic Noise section has become harder to navigate on the mobile because of it, by all means have the techie guys give you an automatic feed to each sites own sections, but it doesn't then need to be added to the whats new part of the Noise site....

And if you dont mind me saying, coming on and having a go at folk the way you have, probably doesn't help, I had a discussion with David earlier on this thread, about not just my concerns, but a few other long term members concerns and it was amicable, so please cut the School teacher attitude, as you say you dont need US, its a 2 way street James dont forget that.... We might be few in number do try not to lessen that any further than that if you dont mind.
Well brother, all people had to do was raise that point with us and we'd have seen what we could do to sort it. I don't mind coming here and posting my own links, the techies thought this would be useful. It's certainly fixable, and probably easily.

It certainly didn't require a doom and gloom thread about "Is This The End Of The Celtic Noise"? Of course it isn't. That's never going to happen. There is no issue we can't resolve with a conversation.

I appreciate your general point about my tone. Let's say it's been a long week and it hasn't always felt like a fruitful one. Certain subjects have dominated the last fortnight which I wish to God we could all just put behind us. It's immensely frustrating.

I have total respect for all the guys on here, whether it's reciprocated or not, whether they believe it or not. So thanks for making that point, and I'm pleased to clarify my position on it. Honestly, speak to us about stuff like this and we'll get it fixed.

If it means taking the RSS off the site or coding it slightly differently, I'm sure the techies can do that. It is not our intention to change what works.

Last edited:
JF I actually do still read your blogs. It's a good way to find out what the scum hun bastard media are saying about our team.
But I've read, on some forums and blogs, that you're not an approachable guy. You seem to believe, that because you write Celtic blogs, you're somehow better than they average Celtic fan....an attitude displayed by Clay, a member who seems to pop on now and again to insult the members, freely.
Nothing that you've wrote on here would make me disagree...from your opening post telling us there's a new boss on town...to your post a few comments back telling us you don't need traffic from our tiny membership. I'd imagine Clay and yourself would get on like a house on fire....

Happy Birthday BTW 👍

I usually just open the Noise, with no intention of sitting on for ages, to see what everyone is talking about. Before I know it, I'm deep in discussion with the "small, in comparison to other sites" great members on this forum.
Now when I open the Noise....its just blogs. So I just close it again.
I know I can easily click the buttons and find the chats I want, but I can't be arsed...I didn't have to before, and I don't like change!!
Also....WC was never the "boss". He never spoke to us like we were naughty school boys and girls. He respected what we are to this forum.

I suspect Forrest and Clay are the same person 🤷‍♂️
I've long thought that Clay might be someone's alter ego, but I dont think James is it, he can be brash all on his own, a while back the Clay character took to picking on individuals, like Larry, Dill and one or 2 others, I dont know a lot about Jamsies style, but I've a feeling he has more to do with his time in all honesty..

WARNING: TIRED GUY WHO HAS HAD TOO MUCH COFFEE .... I know I should probably remove or change this, as I'm in a calmer frame of mind than I was when I logged on here and saw the headline for the thread and then read some of the posts but I'm going to leave it as is because whilst I'll edit my stuff from time to time I like to own it when I've screwed up and the tone of this should have been a lot better. It's not my only post, so if you're just coming to it you'll find I've already clarified a couple of times. So forgive me for what you're about to read ... in my defence I can only say it's been a heavier fortnight than most international breaks ...

What absolute arrant guff this thread is. Honestly.

Right away, that title is hysterical.

The blogs have their own section.

Go in and read them, don't go in and read them. But bitching about them ain't getting rid of them. They're well away from the main threads, and they're only there for those who might want to see them.

A lot of this is just howling at the moon for no reason whatsoever. And I'm quite pissed off at some of the presumptious shite being spouted.

I've been doing this for more than ten years. Ten years, folks, and for the last six or seven of them not even on Newsnow. You think I need the traffic from HERE to pay the bills? This site has a good healthy membership, but it's a small one in comparison to other sites. The traffic from here is miniscule at best. A lot of people think they can speak on stuff they don't understand at all ... I am entitled to be a tiny bit put out by that.

And giving Dave a hard time over it? That's outrageous. That guy has kept this forum alive through years to no benefit whatsoever. And I can speak with authority on that.

For the record, and just so it's clear; there are NO links on my site or any of the other two DIRECTING people or traffic towards here. There is NO link here directing traffic to ANY of the three sites in question. The techies fitted an RSS feed to the sites which AUTOMATICALLY post each published article in its own section of the site.

We aren't SPAMMING the discussion pages. We aren't CONNING anyone. In case anyone has missed it, we all run free media. Not now or ever have we asked for a SINGLE penny from our readers and never will. Free media folks, and it boils my piss the amount of moaning some folk still do about it. Read it, don't read it, ignore it or contribute.

All three of us, Dave, Joe and myself, work on behalf of the club all day, every day. We ask for nothing from anyone in return, not even the modicum of respect a lot of folk on here can't even be arsed to grant us. But I draw the line at eating shit for fuck all.
Why did wc say at the beginning that he knew nothing about what appeared to be a smash and grab behind his back?
You have a very condescending way of speaking to the members on here. From the the original post you made, you ŵere like Billy big balls riding into town to clean up a mess.
The fact is, some good longterm members have left, because you have changed the layout of the site, whether you say you haven't or not. A lot of the members can't be arsed scrolling through a pile of dung to get where they want to be.
As my father would say, you made a hooer of it.

Why did wc say at the beginning that he knew nothing about what appeared to be a smash and grab behind his back?
You have a very condescending way of speaking to the members on here. From the the original post you made, you ŵere like Billy big balls riding into town to clean up a mess.
The fact is, some good longterm members have left, because you have changed the layout of the site, whether you say you haven't or not. A lot of the members can't be arsed scrolling through a pile of dung to get where they want to be.
As my father would say, you made a hooer of it.
That was a bizarre episode with emails being sent to my old email address in error and me not responding because I never saw them. It has been sorted out and I can assure everyone that James only posted on here because he was under the impression from speaking to Snack that I was no longer interested in Celtic Noise, which obviously was far from the truth. But that has been sorted, technical issues will be addressed and the complaints on here over the last few days (all valid) will be sorted on Monday morning.

James has always been an admin on here as has Joe from Videocelts - that was the plan at the start and at that time I knew nothing about who would join Celtic Noise and any rows or arguments that had taken place elsewhere.

He has said that he's unlikely to post on here very much so you're more than likely going to have to put up with the janitor! And James is NOT Clay, of that I can assure you. If anyone has any concerns that they want to talk through with me please feel free to post on here or send me a message.

The blog sections have been added and in doing so flooded the What's new section - but that was a one off. I'm going to try to sort a second what's new button - one for forums and one for the three Celtic websites.

On the other two sites if I comment in there it will be as a member and the same for them in TCS's section where I intend to bring lots of added value.

I have been very wary of getting involved in this ''end of the World ...sorry , end of the Noise '' debate but ... from what I can gather I get the impression that the people who run this site do not appear to talk to each other .
FFS! Are they married ? I know that the wife and iIhave long decades when we don't speak but we are not f*cking up anyone else's enjoyable wee Celtic site when we are having our Cold War .
How difficult can it be to agree on how a site is to be run ...I speak as a complete moron when dealing with modern tech and all the obscure terms that go along with it ...like laptop and mobile !!!

This has been a ( mostly ) enjoyable wee escape from the world for me and , I suspect , many others . Let's not lose it because of a clash of egos or a simple failure to communicate .

HH

I have been very wary of getting involved in this ''end of the World ...sorry , end of the Noise '' debate but ... from what I can gather I get the impression that the people who run this site do not appear to talk to each other .
FFS! Are they married ? I know that the wife and iIhave long decades when we don't speak but we are not f*cking up anyone else's enjoyable wee Celtic site when we are having our Cold War .
How difficult can it be to agree on how a site is to be run ...I speak as a complete moron when dealing with modern tech and all the obscure terms that go along with it ...like laptop and mobile !!!

This has been a ( mostly ) enjoyable wee escape from the world for me and , I suspect , many others . Let's not lose it because of a clash of egos or a simple failure to communicate .

HH
It was our wedding anniversary on Thursday, day was carefully selected by me back in 1991 (7-1). I'd promised my wife that I'd take her to Paradise and true to my word I did just that - she was running our bookstall at the Kerrydale! That's Karen the the yellow sleeve working alongside Matt Corr's daughter.

Corr_Book_Launch_032.jpeg

What are you lot like? I go away for a wee holiday and the place goes completely crazy!

I think the biggest problem is the way most regulars view posts on the site. Rather than clicking on the Celtic Forum and then the General Forum, many of us use the What's New button. This brings up the threads from both and highlights any that has new posts in it that I have not viewed yet. This is limited to just a few pages. With the huge increase in new threads promoting new blog posts then often these completely dominate page after page of the What's New section.

If there was a way to not include the threads which are linked to blogs in the What's New section then it would return back to the Forum we all loved.

Obviously there is a desire for Dave, James, etc, to promote their websites and articles too. I'd be delighted to have a folder that was purely for these. This would almost become like a sanitised New Now page, where it is linking articles by genuine Celtic fans, but without the clickbait crap by mainstream media owned sites pretending to be fans. This could also be used by others such as Tino, Celtic By Numbers, etc.

It is just a thought?

Anyway, back to my holiday. C'mon the Hibees, South Africa & the Hoops.

Back