Celtic or religion or politics?

Stevie......a wise man recently reminded me that: "we are all The Celtic Family".

That statement also reminded me that all family members tend to disagree about many different issues, but that they can see past their differences and get back on with the business of being a family again.

Many of us have found ourselves under attack from the dark side recently, and as a consequence - we may act in haste and repent at leisure.

I hope we can all get back on with the business of being a family again and share our love of Celtic
Onwards and upwards pal. Our family is stron. HH?

they are in the video i posted of the barras with wee casey etc. I knew james the da well from the old barns and john lynch, dadie mcclure and neil,

stevie wee request bury the hatchet, we are old school and fellow tims, you will know Frankie Donaldson etc all calton boys the Calton Cosmos.

I worked with his daughter FD that is years ago. She was a really sweet girl.

He acts like a hun to me and id bury the hatchet in his fkn head. That was my uncles best friend the hatchet

We all have arses, just like opinion, if u say or see something that gets the juice flowing then comment, just be respectful. Surely awe can talk all things Celtic even the clubs connection to oppression ,despair and hunger. All these just as relevant today as they were during past decades, least we forget. If the cry up the ra appears?we, as Celtic support know exactly the context that it is given. More power to all of you guys , thats is why we are family.

We all have arses, just like opinion, if u say or see something that gets the juice flowing then comment, just be respectful. Surely awe can talk all things Celtic even the clubs connection to oppression ,despair and hunger. All these just as relevant today as they were during past decades, least we forget. If the cry up the ra appears?we, as Celtic support know exactly the context that it is given. More power to all of you guys , thats is why we are family.
yes Rabigyin RESPECT!!!

I always sing along with rebel songs at matches and have never been confronted or seen anyone be confronted by others around them. That leads me to the conclusion that everyone enjoys hearing/singing along or the people that have a problem with it are cowardice fuckers who are afraid to stand up for what shite they believe in. Theres plenty of those cowardice cock suckers on this forum! Up the Provos!!!! ?

I joined this forum for all things Celtic related. Does come hand in hand with politics and religion? I'd like to think not. However many people seem to think otherwise.
Example is Maria. She finishes a recent post with " up the RA". I fail to see what this has to do with Celtic. Yes with Irish roots. Does that make us all IRA sympathisers? I hope to God no. In my opinion nothing to do with Celtic.
HH?
You obviously need to find out more about the history of Celtic as religion and politics have always been intertwined with my club if you like it or not. The club and it’s people have been oppressed and treated unfairly due to its cultural and religious background and foundations. The corrupt And bigoted politics in Scotland tried to remove the flag of Ireland from Celtic Park on more than one occasion. Facts are facts, so in this instance your opinion means for shite all.

Last edited:
There's more than Huns that troll Celtic sites.

The SMSM are always trying to stir up controversy and elicit a bad news Celtic story and Level 5 are always trying hard to drive the narrative to the betterment of the Huns. Paid trolls if you like.

So they don't all necessarily have to be card carrying Huns although no doubt many are. All allegedly of course.
If you're going to talk about the feckin SMSM then you're talking about huns. One nd the same pal?

Free speech is fine, but if by that speech folk think other folk are huns then that has to be fine as well. Personally, I don't like to call folk on this site huns, bit naive probably but better that than be like the rabid looneys on FF or RM who come out with the most horrible crap if someone strays from the party line, we're better than that, no?

Celtic, religion and politics are inexorably linked in my opinion; however - I live in a part of the country where the three rarely converge at any one time.

Having spoken to more learned friends, I have come to understand that religion and politics are used as a weapon on a daily basis by our enemies in certain areas (particularly in Glasgow).

For many folks from these areas......going to the football was their only escape from the daily grind of having to contend with the constant abuse and repression which being Catholic entailed.

I think it is important to understand everyone's perspective on this issue and to appreciate that we are all Celtic fans, but that it means something different to each of us.

HH

Sport has, in the main, been used as a tool to numb us, to distract and turn us from any paths that might improve ourselves or society. Celtic is one of the exceptions.

I tend to find that those who deal in slogans, and especially the slogan "Politics and sport don't mix", are reactionary and on the wrong side of history.

82846FC1-D1AB-4EA4-9751-B08587A7E8DA.jpeg

I loved Celtic first as a boy because we had McStay, McAvennie and dear, dear Tommy Burns. That was long before I spent summers in Donegal; heard stories of family burned from their homes in Derry; heard how my grandparents faced hell in Scotland when they arrived as children; took pride when I learnt Celtic were a force for good in it all; realised how atrociously the British acted for the 800 years of their occupation; saw first hand the corruption in both the six counties and in our own stateless nation; watched as our pals took up the plight of Palestinians and other oppressed people.

I still love Celtic because we're magic and we've got KT, but now that I've learnt those other things I can hardly forget them.

Sport has, in the main, been used as a tool to numb us, to distract and turn us from any paths that might improve ourselves or society. Celtic is one of the exceptions.

I tend to find that those who deal in slogans, and especially the slogan "Politics and sport don't mix", are reactionary and on the wrong side of history.

View attachment 452

I loved Celtic first as a boy because we had McStay, McAvennie and dear, dear Tommy Burns. That was long before I spent summers in Donegal; heard stories of family burned from their homes in Derry; heard how my grandparents faced hell in Scotland when they arrived as children; took pride when I learnt Celtic were a force for good in it all; realised how atrociously the British acted for the 800 years of their occupation; saw first hand the corruption in both the six counties and in our own stateless nation; watched as our pals took up the plight of Palestinians and other oppressed people.

I still love Celtic because we're magic and we've got KT, but now that I've learnt those other things I can hardly forget them.
Very well put pal.
HH?

View attachment 452

Larry, i think for me personally you slammed the nail on the head.

It would be impossible for me to know what i know and not feel anything about it or dare i say not comment on it.

it would be, for me, like saying its okay lets forget it to our grandparents et al.

That would never sit right with me personally.

I find it strange and this is a sidenote

After world war 2 the history of the war and what took place it was decided that the world will never forget in order to pay homage to it never happening again.

I’ll just leave that there

So now I'm a hun and shit stirrer? Please get a grip. I post it how i see it and if you disagree that's fine. I don't lose any sleep and stand by what i have said. I'm not a sheep and mindlessly follow others. Maybe that's my problem.
HH?

SB I may be proved wrong ( I hope not ) but there is nothing IMO to suggest taking you other than at face value as a Celtic fan
That said Ad hominem attacks are not on either by ,or on , you
If there are folks who want to support and glorify the IRA they are entitled to of course but I agree with you please don’t infect this forum with your views on ,or support for ,that criminal organisation . Please Take it elsewhere and let’s
Not let this site descend to the rancid levels of the abhorrent opposition sites

SB I may be proved wrong ( I hope not ) but there is nothing IMO to suggest taking you other than at face value as a Celtic fan
If there are folks who want to support and glorify the IRA they are entitled to of course but I agree with you please don’t infect this forum with your views on ,or support for ,that criminal organisation . Please Take it elsewhere and let’s
Not let this site descend to the rancid levels of the abhorrent opposition sites
It's already been dealt with pal.
HH?

Bona fide Celtic man, more than you could imagine , but you can read about it and this guy had lived the dream, he was allowed throught the players entrance, HH V2.

Back