Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Premiership Sat 27 February, kick-off 3pm Watch via Pass to Paradise.

Strachan (Gordon) brilliant at the end discussion - what a speech - intelligence and passion. Howe is his son so dull ? Average performance - Eddie just pissing everyone off now - thinks hes at the fives - Polish Paddy ??? How does what does put him in before Griff - her runs around a lot ? nI* could do that. Calmac needs a break too. Rugby now !

First half hope followed, inevitably, by second half realisation that this group of players are finished and going through the motions until the season ends.
Eddy playing for his YouTube highlights package, trying to beat the whole Aberdeen defence when all he has to do is shoot, or pass, when he beats the first man.
Ajer MOTM by a distance, god help us when he leaves, our best defender by a mile, I'd take the financial hit of him walking next summer for nothing and keep him for another season.
Welsh, McGregor, Brown and Kenny also played well.
Aberdeen are garbage and we could still be playing and they wouldn't have scored, or even created a clearcut chance. I can understand why their support want McInnes out, same tactics every time they played us over the last 4 or 5 years and they've won 1 game in 23, a meaningless end of season game.

Anyone who thinks that was a decent performance is just trying to convince themselves things must be better since Lenny left.
Its was shite.
Eddy is a pain in the arse this season, how often does he try to walk the ball into the net only to loose possession? Its fucking constant.
Paddy doesn't look like a striker, good at falling over though, thought some cunt had shot him with a sniper rifle in the first half.
Christie's a fanny.
Defence still looks shite.
Bain had a couple of complete brain farts.
Laxalt needs to work on his crossing, and his daft fucking hair.
Broon and Ajer are the only 2 that look like they know what they're doing, I might add Turnbull and make it 3.

I didn't see his class today. I saw a selfish man. How many times did Paddy get the ball played in to his feet to give him a chance to do anything?
I agree with you Stevie 110% as I said Eddy is playing for himself that in itself is selfishness,he wants to go and I think he believes by doing what he does the people interested in him will see what they are getting for their money.
As for Polish Paddy I think the guy was due a run in the team for what he puts in when he comes on but for me Stevie what he offers is not good enough for Celtic..

HH.

First half it was one - two touch passing, and getting it forward faster, I thought there's more energy about the team, and we might score a few today
Then, true to form,
Second half, players went missing, and Aberdeen pressed us further up the park
Ajer and Welsh were our two best players imho
Not a great game to watch as Christie loses the ball too easily and Klimala, while he runs his heart out, he's never going to be the answer to our striking problems
Eddie, trying to do too much when surrounded by opposition, and Turnbull taken off again, when others are doing nothing on the park

Oh, and if anyone from Celtic TV is looking in, fix your feed, it kept crashing today, and the camera crew, need to check their equiptment, it was like watching the game through the bottom of a pint glass

HH

A case of the more things change the more they stay the same!

After a nervy start (where we could've been a goal down within 5 mins but for a cracking save from Bain) and Eddy's (fortunate) goal our movement and tempo got a bit better for a spell but that vanished in the 2nd half and allowed a very poor Aberdeen side back into the game. Doesn't seem to matter who plays the same issues at the back and in the final 3rd remain.

Positives....took the 3 pts and it's another step closer to the end of this wretched season.

Just wanted to register how delighted I was with wee Gordon Strachan’s pundit performance after the game. Real intelligence, common sense and passion. He pointed out the obvious – that certain players have done wonders for 4 years and need a hand – and the manager – whoever that is – should let them do that.

He pointed out that the rush to change everything is madness – given how successful the team has been for 4 years. If we chase everyone out we have no one left ! He also warned about the danger of just playing pretty football and passing about like it was training. Most importantly he was rightly annoyed about Eddie & Soro laughing ands clowning about at the end after the mess Eddie made of a certain chance to kill the game – by mucking about – again – and not putting his teammate in.

If we are looking at a Director of Football and/or inspiration then Strachan sounds to me like the man. He also makes the very good point that all coaches know - you need to have a coaching philosophy and then specifically get in players that will live up to that. Most uplifting thing I have heard in a while. I would go out and play for that guy.

Our fitness levels are terrible. Every game we are struggling in the last 20 minutes. Hopefully a full week's training under Kennedy this week will see us put in a 90 minute performance at Tannadice next Sunday.

Anyone who thinks that was a decent performance is just trying to convince themselves things must be better since Lenny left.
Its was shite.
Eddy is a pain in the arse this season, how often does he try to walk the ball into the net only to loose possession? Its fucking constant.
Paddy doesn't look like a striker, good at falling over though, thought some cunt had shot him with a sniper rifle in the first half.
Christie's a fanny.
Defence still looks shite.
Bain had a couple of complete brain farts.
Laxalt needs to work on his crossing, and his daft fucking hair.
Broon and Ajer are the only 2 that look like they know what they're doing, I might add Turnbull and make it 3.
3 days. haud yer horses. Catnip?

Just wanted to register how delighted I was with wee Gordon Strachan’s pundit performance after the game. Real intelligence, common sense and passion. He pointed out the obvious – that certain players have done wonders for 4 years and need a hand – and the manager – whoever that is – should let them do that.

He pointed out that the rush to change everything is madness – given how successful the team has been for 4 years. If we chase everyone out we have no one left ! He also warned about the danger of just playing pretty football and passing about like it was training. Most importantly he was rightly annoyed about Eddie & Soro laughing ands clowning about at the end after the mess Eddie made of a certain chance to kill the game – by mucking about – again – and not putting his teammate in.

If we are looking at a Director of Football and/or inspiration then Strachan sounds to me like the man. He also makes the very good point that all coaches know - you need to have a coaching philosophy and then specifically get in players that will live up to that. Most uplifting thing I have heard in a while. I would go out and play for that guy.
And yet when he was our manager the football was boring as feck by the time he left.

Back