Celtic v Aberdeen - Scottish Premiership Sat 27 February, kick-off 3pm Watch via Pass to Paradise.

I thought Kennedy was part of overseeing training for the last few years?

Yep. This guy isn't some new cunt with fresh ideas. He been here years. If, all of a sudden, he starts bringing the fitness levels of our players up then either he's weaker than lennon was and wasn't willing to stand up for himself and his ideas to make the team better, or he allowed lennon to destroy the fitness of the players on the hope he would be sacked. Either way, he is as responsible as lennon for the position we are in and should have been out the door with lenny.

Yep. This guy isn't some new cunt with fresh ideas. He been here years. If, all of a sudden, he starts bringing the fitness levels of our players up then either he's weaker than lennon was and wasn't willing to stand up for himself and his ideas to make the team better, or he allowed lennon to destroy the fitness of the players on the hope he would be sacked. Either way, he is as responsible as lennon for the position we are in and should have been out the door with lenny.
I saw a team more rigid in position from minute one. Within 3 days they had defined roles and not just reliant on individuals, they were clearly at least trying to link up. Yet again they ran out of steam prior to an hour played. I see positives from that. You can drill fitness, however the natural ability is and has always been there. If that was down to Kennedy i'm doubtful, you can only go so far as an assistant. For what it's worth I think we need to judge Kennedy as his own man and at the end of this 8 game phase not just a game 72 hours after a seismic change.

He has been, as he was under Rodgers and Deila. We also have fitness coaches and a sports science department, so why do we look so unfit in the second half of games this season?
Don't think we replaced anyone into the sports science and coaches that scurried away with the snake only additions in the last few months were McManus and O'dea

Don't think we replaced anyone into the sports science and coaches that scurried away with the snake only additions in the last few months were McManus and O'dea
I'm trying to be objective and fair, but I think it is accepted that Rodgers assessed our fitness levels, diet, conditioning etc., as not being up to standard, when he arrived.

There is no doubt that it definitely improved under him and his people.

When he left, it seems to have regressed once again.

Common factor, John Kennedy involved, before during and after. But his involvement and influence in Rodger's time would have been much less.

He has been, as he was under Rodgers and Deila. We also have fitness coaches and a sports science department, so why do we look so unfit in the second half of games this season?
If you remember when Ronnie took over from Lennon the last time, he said the fitness levels and diet were a disgrace. He tried his best with them and then when Rodgers came in he just got rid of any trouble makers. It seems Lennon just went back to the way he was previously.

I saw a team more rigid in position from minute one. Within 3 days they had defined roles and not just reliant on individuals, they were clearly at least trying to link up. Yet again they ran out of steam prior to an hour played. I see positives from that. You can drill fitness, however the natural ability is and has always been there. If that was down to Kennedy i'm doubtful, you can only go so far as an assistant. For what it's worth I think we need to judge Kennedy as his own man and at the end of this 8 game phase not just a game 72 hours after a seismic change.
Not judging him after one game pal but from what i saw today regarding his set up I'm not exactly doing cartwheels in my living room. Looked like the same old shit with no penetration as norm this season.

liverpool & newco both have a orange order core and by the looks of things, both still have suits in position.
Remember Ben Davies?
The player liverpool went out their way to take from under Celtic's nose, said they only did so because they were supposed to be desperate for defenders!
Guess how many times he's played?

Aye he really needs to go aswell it's a good point ur making the guys who are staying will need to really buy into the new gaffer if its Kennedy ur not gonny get the same new gaffer bounce and not get the players confidence to change things if theyve been there all thru bad times it's got to be a totally new start

If you remember when Ronnie took over from Lennon the last time, he said the fitness levels and diet were a disgrace. He tried his best with them and then when Rodgers came in he just got rid of any trouble makers. It seems Lennon just went back to the way he was previously.
Deila said fitness levels were a disgrace :ROFLMAO:

You are correct, he did say that, and then put them on a high fat diet

recurring theme, but in Ronny's case it was a soundbite, they were the unfittest team i have seen in a celtic jersey

Cup semi v huns ?
A shit championship team ran over the top of us as we were completely unfit

rodgers said the same, 'we're not fit enough' and he was 100% accurate

Were still shite anybody expecting a reaction has now seen that no matter how pish we are , still better than Aberdeen but not 9-0 anymore just enough to win and still be pish. We need someone who isnt pish , fuk it I need a pish wi all this pish talk

Members online

Latest posts

Back